Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
AngeloVEnforcer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Cold Air intake questions

I want to put an intake on my 1LT/RS, however I have some burning questions...

Does it void certain parts of the warranty?

How much power should I expect to get/feel?

What long term effect may I have on my engine?

What are some of the good ones out there that you guys have used?
AngeloVEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
No it won't void any of your warranty, no long term effects, you will feel a little increase in power, but will make the car a little louder! And I think alot of the V6's like the Injen CAI, and the Vararam!

The K&N I think a few folks have been having problems with them!
Old 05-07-2011, 10:52 PM   #3
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Not trying to be rude but if you search there are countless topics in detail on this.

Quick version:

Cai should not void warranty but there are risks with any mod even though it is highly unlikely to have warranty issues. You can see 15-25 HP from stock depending on intake. There are several good choices out read the jannetty post Sticky up top.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeloVEnforcer View Post
I want to put an intake on my 1LT/RS, however I have some burning questions...

Does it void certain parts of the warranty? No

How much power should I expect to get/feel? Better throttle response. Go with Injen or Vararam. Gains aren't going to be huge but you'll see some.

What long term effect may I have on my engine? There shouldn't be any negative long term effect. If anything, it's helping it breathe better.

What are some of the good ones out there that you guys have used? I've used Airaid and it was pretty good, but I just picked up a Injen long tube. It seems to work much better and I highly suggest it.

Answers in bold.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
I just installed a K&N on mine, I love it! Most noticeable is increased throttle response and sound.

A few people have had issues with CEL, but I disconnected the (-) battery cable FROM THE TRUNK and it has not given me a CEL.

I like the Vararam and injen also but with both I worry about filter maintenance/longevity. I'm very happy with the K&N
Old 05-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #6
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Cold Air Inductions, Inc. intake systems benefits

: Tig welded aluminum air box (high luster finish reflects radiant heat)

: Insulated air box (this adding another layer of thermal (convection) protection)

: Aluminum lid with stainless steel ¼ turn fasteners (fast filter removal)

: Viewing window for fast easy filter inspection.

: High Luster ceramic coated intake tube (coated inside and out, yet another layer of thermal protection)

: Smooth bore (88.9 mm) intake tube construction (this minimizes bends and restrictions within the system)

: 8” V-stack air filter with built in velocity stack (helps reduce turbulence for truer MAF reading)

: 8 layer air filter (maximizing filtration for prolonged engine life)

1000's sold, Lifetime warranty, improves sound, HP, and fuel economy. It will not void your vehicles warranty, they just dont warranty the intake after you replace it. There will be no long term negative effects on the engine, if anything it will allow your engine to perform more efficiently. You can expect 15 HP at the wheels. Let me know if you have any questions!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Airaid

I have the Airaid on mine and loved it till the weather got above 85 now the car has lost a lot of power. Once the air cools off it gets it's power back.. Going to put the stock one back on till I find a true Cold air intake.n This one is no more then a Hot air intake..
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorAirForce View Post
Answers in bold.
I to had the airaid. Good but was impressed on the noticable gain and better sound of the Injen.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #9
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Vararam is not yet on the market, so it would be good to wait and see.

I'm one of those who had a CEL with K&N 63-??75 serie. Could'nt get the CEL to disapear. Took it off now I have a different one but many don't like it because there is no air box nore shield. But it works very fine, lots of added power, great sound and looks great. Where I live we don't have many very temperature days so it might not affect the power since we rarely go over mid heighties....

As for you, it's your pick since you will not get a definitve answer on this site. Each one is in love with it's choice, so.....
Old 05-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #10
Jajru

Drives: a pretty darn good vehicle
Cant really comment on the first 3 question since i dont have my car yet but heres what i can tell you. Check this thread out it'll explain most of your concerns from above
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96774
The Injen looks real good and sounds good as well (youtube it) i was seconds away from purchasing it when i ran into the vararam thread. If i were you i'd wait to see what vararam brings to the table but if you want something right now i would go for the Injen

Jajru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:35 AM   #11
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroman28 View Post
I have the Airaid on mine and loved it till the weather got above 85 now the car has lost a lot of power. Once the air cools off it gets it's power back.. Going to put the stock one back on till I find a true Cold air intake.n This one is no more then a Hot air intake..
Check out our system. Through thermal imaging and testing the intake air we can keep the intake air within an Avg of 2 degrees of ambient air. Our system seals off the intake air from the heat in the engine bay, but the lid has a clear view window for easy filter inspection. The intake tube is coated with ceramic inside and out to protect against heat soak. We also apply an insulation barrier inside our airbox to prevent heat soak there as well. Our system is different than anything on the market and it is because it is designed and engineered around one simple principle, HOW TO KEEP THE AIR AS COOL AS POSSIBLE! We also design and engineer our own filters to minimize restriction and maximize filtration. We have sold 1000's of Camaro systems and back up our product with a lifetime warranty and great customer service. Let me know if you have any questions.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote