Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 05-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Can someone do a NOS install write up

I notice there has been alot of questions lately regarding a nitrous system for our LLT.
Is there anyway someone can do a DIY install write up on a nitrous system? Maybe like the zex kit.

I am personally thinking about installing a kit myself since I dont have any plans to install a turbo or a supercharger, but I never installed a nitrous system in any vehicle before.

Anyone want to get a DIY going
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
If anyone tells you to cut into the fuel line don't believe them. Our car has a Schraeder valve at the back. It's pretty much the same install as previous GM EFI cars other than the throttle is a throttle by wire setup. That means there's a sensor that senses how far you've pushed the go-pedal and it will adjust the throttle electrically. The throttle position sensor for this setup gets spliced into the throttle body harness. It only allows the nitrous to be activated at wide open throttle. Some have gone with a window switch, others haven't. I am one of the ones who did. I took my car to the track some last fall and hit the rev-limiter a couple times. How a rev limiter works is it cuts spark until a predetermined rpm. That's just bad for a nitrous car and can cause real bad things to happen. The first thing I did when I got my kit was lay everything out and read the instructions. Then I struck up a conversation with one of the techs at NX and feel if I have any questions in the future I could call them and would be given good advice. Recently I've started talking to a few individuals at nitrousoutlet.com. I'm going to be taking an intake manifold to them to look at to see what they think about plumbing a direct-port fogger to it. I'd like to do a clutch upgrade first, but we'll see. Most of the nitrous companies will make the instructions available to you if you email them and let them know you're considering their kit but would like to read the instructions to see if it's something you could install yourself.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #3
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Go to the gas station, pay for a bottle, pop the tab and drink it. There you go installed. Took me 2 min the other day. But then I had to drain my fuel line (weiner) after I drank (installed) it.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:41 AM   #4
Nique303

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
Go to the gas station, pay for a bottle, pop the tab and drink it. There you go installed. Took me 2 min the other day. But then I had to drain my fuel line (weiner) after I drank (installed) it.

hahaha good sh#t
ZEX NITROUS KIT
REAR WINDOW LOUVER
CUSTOM PAINTED RIMS
CUSTOM PAINTED CALIPERS
WHITE RACING STRIPES
METRA KIT INSTALLED
PIONEER TOUCH SCREEN DVD
1-12INCH PRIMIER SHALLOW MOUNT SUB
800 WATT SINGLE CHANNEL PIONEER AMP
FRONT AND REAR LIGHT BLACK OUT KIT
Nique303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:43 AM   #5
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post

Ha Ha you are so funny, I bet after you drink it you are the one that swear your car is a second faster too right..

Thanks usa1cam
Old 05-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #6
ROD1
Back to the hunt....

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
If anyone tells you to cut into the fuel line don't believe them. .
Including Zex! They are morons! And dont do DIY! Get someone who has knowledge doing it and have them help you. A case of stones goes a long way!
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:12 AM   #7
bmorecam
Account Suspended

did zex ever get their jet size correct?
Old 05-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD1 View Post
Including Zex! They are morons! And dont do DIY! Get someone who has knowledge doing it and have them help you. A case of stones goes a long way!

Doesn't that look a lot easier/simpler than cutting/splicing a fuel line?
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #9
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
did zex ever get their jet size correct?
My small jets seem to be right on par to their 55shot claim. I'll bump up to 75 at the next dyno with the colder plugs. I'll also get the number jets sizes.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #10
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Ha Ha you are so funny, I bet after you drink it you are the one that swear your car is a second faster too right..

Thanks usa1cam
added 5hp at least right away
Old 05-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #11
Graham@N

Drives: Pontiac Firebird
I would be happy to do a write up. Anyone Near Waco, Texas interested in an install?

It will not be about a zex kit

Most of the install is straight forward. Just turning a few wrenches. The wiring and placement of a few components is really all that's a pain.
Graham@N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #12
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham@Nitrousoutlet View Post
I would be happy to do a write up. Anyone Near Waco, Texas interested in an install?

It will not be about a zex kit

Most of the install is straight forward. Just turning a few wrenches. The wiring and placement of a few components is really all that's a pain.
I wish there was hands on camaro supporting vendors like u here in MD, and especially supporting v6.

I was looking at the zex install on a SS in the newest issue of camaro now and it actually look more simple than installing an amp and woofers, and I can do those with my eyes closed.

Do u sell v6 specific kit at NOS outlet?
Old 05-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #13
Graham@N

Drives: Pontiac Firebird
We have not setup one yet. But we want a TRUE specific. Not just a name and a part number.

We need to get a car in the shop so we can really line it out perfect. We are willing to spend the time to make a Nitrous plate system which we prefer, as it is a better solution than a nozzle, for the v6 car but we have not seen much demand yet.

I would love to get some of you guys with us and then the entire scene can have specific and high quality parts.
Graham@N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #14
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Guys, the Nitrous Outlet Camaro specific kit is one of if the easiest to install. No splicing any fuel lines as it includes a fuel manifold that installs on the end of the fuel rail where the Test Port(Schrader valve) is. And it includes a TPS extension with a breakout wire so you don't have to cut and splice those wires either. The only wire you have to tap into is for the RPM signal and only if you opt for a window switch(definitely suggested).

I installed one on my brothers Camaro and just recently one on the Silverado. I did a step by step writeup with tons of pics for the Silverado. If you guys want to see it let me know and I will post a link or I can post pics and info here. The install is pretty much the same for both since they are both GM engines at least in the engine compartment. I did not do a complete writeup on the Camaro install but I am sure Graham has a couple useful pics from Dave's install.

Last edited by SRT10KLLR; 05-10-2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Seeing as this is for the V6 it might be different.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:50 AM   #15
Nique303

Drives: 2010 Camaro
the zex kit for the camaro is super easy to install if you need help let me know. I did the full install on my camaro took me 4 hours to install.
ZEX NITROUS KIT
REAR WINDOW LOUVER
CUSTOM PAINTED RIMS
CUSTOM PAINTED CALIPERS
WHITE RACING STRIPES
METRA KIT INSTALLED
PIONEER TOUCH SCREEN DVD
1-12INCH PRIMIER SHALLOW MOUNT SUB
800 WATT SINGLE CHANNEL PIONEER AMP
FRONT AND REAR LIGHT BLACK OUT KIT
Nique303 is offline   Reply With Quote