Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Camaro Motorsports Discussions Motorsports involving Camaros - Grand-Am, Redline Time Attack, Drift Events, etc.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
silver08

Drives: 2011 mustang gt
in there a market for a new drag racing series

woops i meant is there a market for a new drag racing series. my bad .Hey, everybody Im over here from a ford forum and I was wondering if i could get some input from the camaro guys on a drag racing series. ive been thinking about this for a while now a drag racing series for late model Dodge, Ford and Chevy. I think we are at a awsome point in time where there a lots of old names with new faces. and it excites me. How cool is it that in 2011 we have body in white turn key race cars! we have mustangs camaros and a whole of line of mopars that are rear wheel drive and have300 plus rwhp. so this is what ive been brain storming: ive been thinking of heads up style of racing

heads up factory stock class: with just engine bolt ons suspension mods.

heads up power adder class: with a single power adder engine bolt ons and suspension mods

heads up power adder with engine mods: single power adder with internal engine mods, bolt on and suspension mods.

This is just me throwing it out there. I havent been to any nmra races in a couple of years but every thing ive seen on the web. The stands look kinda empty. I know the economy is in the dump and lots of people dont have the extra cash too race or atend races. So i was thinking how could we get particapation up at the races. chime in and give your thoughts on likes or dis likes or maybe im just way off.

this is the kind of input im looking for
rather it would work if there is a place for it
class rules and regulations
good place to hold events
some kind of payout
how to pair cars up
sponsers
good times to hold events
champion ship races.

so please chime in

Last edited by silver08; 05-09-2011 at 12:12 AM.
silver08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
this is the only type of racing i would ever watch!

i hate how people take old cars that are fugly and put a new engine in them and run like crazy stupid numbers! wow that car looks like a peice of shiat! even though it runs 6s in the quartermile just like every other car in the race!

i want something to relate to maybe have like ferraris race camaros and mustangs and imports race imports and have all wheel drive classed
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
pogiskier

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss black,hurst shifter
I would enter a race if it is held at RMR in Salt Lake city UT. that would be a fun series to watch as well.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert / '02 M3 Vert
Should have a pure stock division.

How could you be sure someone isn't running a tune? Just not fun anymore if you have to knock the car out of warranty just to be competitive.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:43 AM   #5
n2oSS

Drives: 2010 SS2 Camaro
Are you talking about getting more participation at the drag strip?

All i can add is my own personal opinions on this one. I rarely goto dragstrips because of all the rules. I came from a street racing background where the only rule was keep it straight.

I don't waste time with tracks because of tech inspect, gotta install rollcages, fire extinguishers .... bunch of safety stuff because my car goes faster then X number. I understand why hey have the rules but it doesn't change my feelings on it.

You give track with run what ya brung rules and a time board you'll get the increased numbers. As far as all the safety rules ....... thats what waivers are for.
Appearance Mods:
AAC Concept Sidemarkers, P13W Plasma LED Bulbs, Iforged Classics 20".
Next Mods:
Cam and Fuel System.
n2oSS is offline   Reply With Quote