Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
Ricamaro

Drives: RocketZed Red13
Waterless Wash comparison?

Hey all,
I searched posts but didn't find the answer on this forum;
Is there a 'Jannettey' type comparison for the different Waterless Washes?

side note; in honor of Ted Jannetty's exhaustive (...well, Intake-ive really) treatise on CAIs, I submit that comprehensive comparisons
now be referred to as 'Jannetteyed' or 'Jannettey it' - kinda like 'Google it' has become a euphemism for 'search' .

Back to the original question;

Personal Loyalties and friendships aside, is there a 'Better' or 'Best'
Waterless Wash? (in no particular order):

Adams Polishes
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-440-a...-car-wash.aspx

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine
http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html

Chemical Guys (2 different offerings)
Go Green Waterless Wash
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Waterles...wac_107_16.htm

Ecosmart-RU
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Waterles.../wac_707ru.htm

I'm sure there are others, but these seem to be the most advertised.

SO...

Any comparisons or comments?

Ricamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
The Stig

Drives: out of the ashes
Based on the results I have gotten from other Adam's products I trust that theirs is one of the best. I'm sold without the comparison.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
Nick@Adams

Drives: The shiny ones.
I'm willing to pony up a bottle of our product if you want to conduct the test... but you should define what criteria you're testing or your basis for the comparison. Some waterless washes (like ours) are purely cleaners and lubricants, while others may contain gloss enhancers and more closely resemble a detail spray than waterless wash.

Also, ONR is a great product, but not really waterless wash. Its a RINSELESS product... different product essentially than the others you listed.
Nick@Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
I've heard great things about ONR but have never used it. I use Zaino on my paint so I'm apprehensive about incorporating ONR into my detailing routine because it contains waxes, which is counter-productive to the Zaino routine. I really like that it's a wipe off clay lube too. I use a car wash and soap mixture which works great but requires a re-wash after.

I've actually just jumped on the waterless wash bandwagon and purchased the Adams WW combo last night. I knew I'd grab some eventually, now I have. I'm excited to begin using it for wipe downs between washes.

lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
I'm willing to pony up a bottle of our product if you want to conduct the test... but you should define what criteria you're testing or your basis for the comparison. Some waterless washes (like ours) are purely cleaners and lubricants, while others may contain gloss enhancers and more closely resemble a detail spray than waterless wash.

Also, ONR is a great product, but not really waterless wash. Its a RINSELESS product... different product essentially than the others you listed.
Have you ever used the Adams WW as a clay lube?

lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #6
Nick@Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_go_bills View Post
Have you ever used the Adams WW as a clay lube?
I've tried it and found it to be too slippery... the clay didn't have a chance to "bite" if you get what I mean. Its a little more manageable if claying while wet after washing as the chemical gets diluted down a bit, but I still prefer Detail Spray.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #7
Ricamaro

Drives: RocketZed Red13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post

OK,
I'll take you up on your offer.
I can give an honest, anecdotal assessment after a few weeks.
I generally putz mein auto daily; a light dusting off with a California
Duster followed by a spritz of detailer wiped off with a waffle-weave.

If you want to define different test parameters, please advise.
Otherwise, I'll just do my usual routine.
Ricamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #8
Nick@Adams

Thats good, are you doing this as a side by side comparison? Let me know when you have the other products in hand and I can get you some of ours. Best thing to do - send me your shipping and contact info to my email: Dylan@AdamsPolishes.com
Old 05-13-2011, 04:55 AM   #9
FL1CK
MOVE!

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Dylan,
As seeing this thread, I am impressed in the fact that you offered your product to be used in comparison to others without any question. I haven't used my Adam's products as of yet due to my military work schedule, but just that no questions confidence in your product puts you in the winner's circle in my book without this "test". Thank you.
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:33 AM   #10
GearheadSS
Member #63

Drives: Lots
I've only used Adam's WW and that's probably all I will ever use. I'm very happy with all Adam's products that I've tried.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #11
cam fan

Drives: fast
any news or follow up?

how about this entrant:

Old 01-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #12
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster

Drives: Shinier than yours
Yeah, ONR is completely different. I don't trust any waterless washes, I'm too nervous about it and you have to use so much of it, it becomes expensive in a hurry.

ONR is an absolutely amazing product though for what it does.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:16 AM   #13
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Yeah, ONR is completely different. I don't trust any waterless washes, I'm too nervous about it and you have to use so much of it, it becomes expensive in a hurry.

ONR is an absolutely amazing product though for what it does.
You know how I am when it comes to detailing. Try Ultima Waterless Wash+. One bottle of concentrate that cost $20 ends up making 5.5 gallons of ready to use WW. It is the best WW that I have used. I haven't used many, but this one just blows the others away. It can also be used a QD. I've never tried Adam's so I can't comment on theirs, but you won't be disappointed with UWWP.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #14
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
no offense to adam's products but i'm a lifer with ONR. i use it every wash every time with fantastic results. it is the fastest and most convenient washing method i've ever experienced. cheap as hell, too.

kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #15
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
You can only wash a car with so much dirt using a waterless product. Once you reach a certain amount of dirt, washing a car without soap and water is just stupid, I don't care who's product you're using.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #16
BaldCamaroStud
Camaro Owner & Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
+1 it can never replace a traditional wash... but i don't think thats what we're trying to do here...
BaldCamaroStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #17
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBattery View Post
+1 it can never replace a traditional wash... but i don't think thats what we're trying to do here...
Sadly, I think that some people are actually trying to do that. They are misunderstanding what the product is for because of the name. If they truly thought through the chance they are taking as far as paint damage is concerned, they would reconsider.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #18
kiteman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
You can only wash a car with so much dirt using a waterless product. Once you reach a certain amount of dirt, washing a car without soap and water is just stupid, I don't care who's product you're using.
waterless probably, but rinseless, definitely untrue. i've been washing my cars for years with ONR on cars with multiple layers of dirt, and as you can see in the pictures, the negative effects are nonexistent. the pictures of my car were actually taken 1 week after it had last been washed, and 3 months after it had last been polished.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #19
BaldCamaroStud

Quote:
Sadly, I think that some people are actually trying to do that. They are misunderstanding what the product is for because of the name. If they truly thought through the chance they are taking as far as paint damage is concerned, they would reconsider.
Good point about misunderstanding it. Luckily I saw your video about it before I started using it. Having a black car means knowing when its better to leave stuff alone sometimes.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #20
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteman View Post
waterless probably, but rinseless, definitely untrue. i've been washing my cars for years with ONR on cars with multiple layers of dirt, and as you can see in the pictures, the negative effects are nonexistent. the pictures of my car were actually taken 1 week after it had last been washed, and 3 months after it had last been polished.
I would love to inspect your paint. Those distance shots do not convince me of anything. So can you wash this with ONR without leaving one scratch?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #21
BaldCamaroStud

Quote:
I've never used that product, but if it has any fillers in it then eventually you'll see the damage. Maybe not in the same exact spots but over time (possibly a very long time), it's gonna damage the paint imo.

The point is to avoid all that in the first place is it not? To each their own...
Old 01-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #22
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
I'm not convinced by those distance shots either.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #23
kiteman

Quote:
I would love to inspect your paint. Those distance shots do not convince me of anything. So can you wash this with ONR without leaving one scratch?
dude. i hate to tell you, but your abrasive nature comes off very offputting (and yes i saw the immature picture you posted before deleted it hoping no one saw your immaturity). this is at least the 2nd time you have mocked me for no reason at all.

anyway...you are clearly not very educated on ONR at all, and i doubt that you have spent much time on detailing boards such as autopia.org or autogeek.net, where ONR is the car wash of choice by professionals who do this for a living. also, i really don't know how much "closer" you can get with pictures?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #24
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
I am going to try Adam's products.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #25
BaldCamaroStud

Quote:
dude. i hate to tell you, but your abrasive nature comes off very offputting (and yes i saw the immature picture you posted before deleted it hoping no one saw your immaturity). this is at least the 2nd time you have mocked me for no reason at all.
I can't speak for the so called first time you claim you were "mocked", but I don't see anywhere in this thread where anyone has personally called you out and said anything bad about YOUR work, or the way YOU do things. There is such thing as a right way and a wrong way to do just about anything. I'm not saying your way is wrong, but there's no need to attack other people just because YOU don't agree with what someone else is doing.

Both you and Junkman obviously have a LOT of experience when it comes to detailing. If Junkman wants to share his knowledge, who are you to bash him for it? Maybe do some videos yourself, share your knowledge? Maybe you have, and I just haven't looked. I just don't see why this has to be a pissing match.

Not everyone's gonna use Adams, ONR, or whatever. That's why we can choose. And I'm fine with that.