Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
gaddied

Drives: camaro
Splash guards or clear bra for black vert?

I talked with my dealer today about splash guards and clear bra. He said that the clear bra would show to much on black. Said if it was a light color it wouldn't show as much. I looked at the black pickups on the lot and the clear does really show. Also said they have never sold a clear bra kit for a Camaro. But sold a lot of splash guards. So I am leaning towards black splash guards.
Does anyone have a clear bra on a black camaro or splash guards that can post a photo?
gaddied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
I donno about clear bra, but has far has i'm concerned splash guards is a must on this car. I have them since may 2010 and no chips at the gills level, also keeps the car protected against oils and mud on the road and the car stays cleaner longer. But 175$ I've spent (invested) so far.

Name:  splash.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  2.3 KB
Old 05-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
D Day Dog

Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal2010yellow View Post
I donno about clear bra, but has far has i'm concerned splash guards is a must on this car. I have them since may 2010 and no chips at the gills level, also keeps the car protected against oils and mud on the road and the car stays cleaner longer. But 175$ I've spent (invested) so far.

Attachment 239752
I agree 100%. I have the splash guards and they I credit them with keeping dings off my car and messy road grime as well. NO chips as of todays date <knock on wood> . I also make sure to not follow people closely; especially on corners where the tires flex and rocks tend to pop out of tire more frequently.

I have seen the clear bras and car armor kits and I'm not really that impressed. I have seen the car armor fade and turn yellow on vehicles - which is why most of those kits are warrantied for only 5 years or so. Even clear bras and car armor kits will show a chip if the projectile is large (or sharp) enough. If/when the time comes, touch up paint will have to do for me until there is enough to justify repainting. When you repaint someday with a pro, the coats are relatively limitless as to what is feasible and what you want to pay. Personally, I think the splash guards are worth every penny and look just fine.

Dog
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
nancygrl
155 mil na godzinę

Drives: Sapphire Moon Whisper 2013 2LT
I installed the splash guards early on. Worth every penny.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
I have clear bra on CGM and doesn't show at all.. it's clear.. so I'm confused as how it will show any different on a black car. Why do dealers want to "profile" camaros so much, profiling is illegal.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #6
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
clear bra is a must to save that front end
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8
Your dealer does not know whwat he is talking about. If he hasnt sold one for a Camaro then he is not selling them. Of all the car forums I go through the Camaros have the wrost paint... and I am going off of what owners have posted. I highly recommend ou do a search. There are numerous threads in here on clear bras and numerous photos of them on black. If you get a good film and a good installer then it will not show. Splash guards ewill only partially cover the sides. What about the bumper, hood, fenders, lights, mirrors and so on???? Also I would not recommend you getting it installed at the dealer since obviousely they do not now what they are talking about.
htp autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #8
jrpimp00

Drives: '10 Black/IOM Camaro SS/RS
Clear bra here and no one can tell until i let them know, and they then look for it. Your dealer/salesperson is an idiot and you should look for local installers anyway.

Forgot: I got the entire front end done (full bumper, full hood, full fenders, mirrors, gill area, area behind the tires)
Old 05-11-2011, 09:25 PM   #9
gaddied

Drives: camaro
What clear bra is the best?
gaddied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8
VentureShield Ultra or Avery Nano Fusion. Either one of those will look great. I am in the process of switching over to the Nano film because it is a better film with a much better warranty. the only downsides are cost and Avery only comes in 48" widths so wrapping full hoods is not an option. Will still have to use Venture for that.
htp autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #11
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by htp autoworks View Post
Your dealer does not know whwat he is talking about. If he hasnt sold one for a Camaro then he is not selling them. Of all the car forums I go through the Camaros have the wrost paint... and I am going off of what owners have posted. I highly recommend ou do a search. There are numerous threads in here on clear bras and numerous photos of them on black. If you get a good film and a good installer then it will not show. Splash guards ewill only partially cover the sides. What about the bumper, hood, fenders, lights, mirrors and so on???? Also I would not recommend you getting it installed at the dealer since obviousely they do not now what they are talking about.

Your dealer is an idiot. Get a clear bra, you will thank us 3 years down the road and your front end still looks brand new.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote