Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:14 AM   #1
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Toyota may be asking Japanese Gov't for loans

Where is your God now??

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...QJU&refer=asia

I look forward to shoving this in the face of people that say to me "Well Toyota doesn't need any government money, why does GM? Oh because American cars can compete with imports."
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #2
Zabo
Bowtie to the brim

Drives: '10 R6P 2SS/RS M6, '96 S10 ZR2 M5
Oh the happiness that comes from reading this story cannot be properly put into words. It's even more enjoyable than reading 3's SS thread. Not building competitive cars my arse. Indeed, where IS your god now, Congress?
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
duder4thgen

Drives: Bird
The Japanese have been subsidizing Toyota for years and years to make them more competitive.

Its really impressive how much GM have turned their products around to be one of the best values in the market, while Toyota has been recieving money from their own government all these years, and billions in tax incentives from US to build factories here to piece their cars together like legos to cut down costs for them.
duder4thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
Zabo
Bowtie to the brim

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder4thgen View Post
The Japanese have been subsidizing Toyota for years and years to make them more competitive.

Its really impressive how much GM have turned their products around to be one of the best values in the market, while Toyota has been recieving money from their own government all these years, and billions in tax incentives from US to build factories here to piece their cars together like legos to cut down costs for them.
Couple that with trade BS in JDM to actually boost Toyota's numbers.. (IE GM..)
Old 03-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed
Well, this is some surprisingly PLEASANT news to my ears. Too bad for you toyota... So, since toyotas are such superior cars, why would they need assistance from the gubment?...I thought only those American car companies were at fault for building cars "nobody wants", so that's why their sales slid. Stupid media. Screw you japan. And screw you Brian France, nascar HEAD. You thought bringing in toyota was gonna infuse your sport with cash,....you get what you deserve...you and any other American that supports the japanese auto industry.
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
but . . . but . . . but . . . but . . . every Toyota is the most efficient and most reliable car out there, even compared to other Toyotas (they're just that good) and the Pious is the greenest car you can buy and if you don't drive one you are causing global warming and Toyota has excellent management who never make mistakes and we should be thankful that we have the option to buy these vastly superior Japaneses miracles of modern engineering. They only need government help because of the economy not because of any possible problem with their company.

I think I just threw up a little

Seriously though, I wonder why they even need the money, didn't they make something like $30B in profit last year while expecting a loss of ~$5B for 2008. Seems like they should still have quite a bit in the bank.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #7
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
but . . . but . . . but . . . but . . . every Toyota is the most efficient and most reliable car out there, even compared to other Toyotas (they're just that good) and the Pious is the greenest car you can buy and if you don't drive one you are causing global warming and Toyota has excellent management who never make mistakes and we should be thankful that we have the option to buy these vastly superior Japaneses miracles of modern engineering. They only need government help because of the economy not because of any possible problem with their company.

I think I just threw up a little

Seriously though, I wonder why they even need the money, didn't they make something like $30B in profit last year while expecting a loss of ~$5B for 2008. Seems like they should still have quite a bit in the bank.
Your first paragraph is what the stupid media has been cramming down the American public's collective throat for years...and I am F***king sick and tired of it. Screw the prius-driving global-warming hollywood idiots with too much time on their hands, and to hell with the morons in the media and automotive press. Be American, buy American...before its too late....your friendly federal gubment is about to take over the US auto industry and force them to build real CRAP you don't want. I'm buying a new Camaro V8 and then enjoying it before I will lose my right to choose that as well.
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #8
Zabo
Bowtie to the brim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
They're getting raepd in the backdoor by the Japanese Government over paying back cash they've already been given while Japan's economy continues to tank. And Japan isn't going to give them this loan.. *wink* (read they will to make Toyota and Japan look better than American and GM to garner more sales and money to float the boat by giving them a "loan")
Old 03-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #9
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I call it bittersweet. Empahsis on the sweet, but stress the bitter.

When Toyota falters, my day brightens. The fact that everyone is faltering makes me want to cry........
Old 03-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #10
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 13 SRX Premium 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I call it bittersweet. Empahsis on the sweet, but stress the bitter.

When Toyota falters, my day brightens. The fact that everyone is faltering makes me want to cry........
Yea... i couldn't have said it better myself. Hence the quotes...
Old 03-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #11
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
toyota could burn in damnation I could give a F**K
Old 03-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #12
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
time for someone to fall on a sword.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANSAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote