Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:42 AM   #1
mt31

Drives: camaross
leather seats

I picked up my new ss vert last week, love driving with
top down. how often should i wipe my seats down and
with what?
mt31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Congrats on the new Camaro!

How often will the top be down? Will you leave the top down alot, or only when driving? I ask as you'll want to determine how often you're leaving your interior exposed to the elements, sun, etc..

If the top is down alot, I'd clean once a week. If not, once a month.

As for products, I've tried Meguires, but wasn't impressed.

Personally, I LOVE Zaino's Leather Cleaner/Conditioner as well as the Conditioner. I've found it to be the best at removing dirt/stains, and offers great protection. And it actually smells like new leather versus some of the other products I've used. The downside, it has to be ordered.

I'm sure Adams', and other companies offer good products. I'm just offering what I've found that works best for me.

Good luck with your new car, and enjoy it!
Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Is this a serious question? Clean it when it needs cleaned.

I second Moose on the Zaino leather stuff. I use it and it works AWESOME. just dont use the conditioner too much... it gets blotchy and slimy.. just follow the directions for its application.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Congrats on the new Camaro!

How often will the top be down? Will you leave the top down alot, or only when driving? I ask as you'll want to determine how often you're leaving your interior exposed to the elements, sun, etc..

If the top is down alot, I'd clean once a week. If not, once a month.

As for products, I've tried Meguires, but wasn't impressed.

Personally, I LOVE Zaino's Leather Cleaner/Conditioner as well as the Conditioner. I've found it to be the best at removing dirt/stains, and offers great protection. And it actually smells like new leather versus some of the other products I've used. The downside, it has to be ordered.

I'm sure Adams', and other companies offer good products. I'm just offering what I've found that works best for me.

Good luck with your new car, and enjoy it!
Ed
I too use and love the Zaino combo of Z9 and Z10. Give it a shot, you'll be amazed with the results and the rich leather smell is absolute heaven.

lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
modawg2k

Drives: Topless 2SS/RS IOM
I use 303 on my leather. Mine doesn't get too much sun exposure, but it gets the harsh Arizona sun when the top is down.
modawg2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt31 View Post
I picked up my new ss vert last week, love driving with
top down. how often should i wipe my seats down and
with what?

Mt31,

I hope you are enjoying your new convertible! Your dealer has a GM approved leather cleaner available that provides superior cleaning performance when used regularly on finished automotive leathers. Do not use heat, steam, spot lifters or spot removers, or shoe polish on leather. Do not use silicone or wax -based products, or those containing organic solvents to clean the vehicle's interior because they can alter the appearance by increasing the gloss in a non-uniform manner. Many commercial leather cleaners and coatings that are sold to preserve and protect leather may permanently change the appearance and feel of the leather and are not recommended.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #7
Nick@Adams

Drives: The shiny ones.
As a 'vert you'll want good protection against UV fade... our conditioner is safe for all 'hard' interior surfaces including your dash, door panels, steering wheel, seats, etc and contains SPF 65 protection.

Not to mention a 110% money back guarantee and I'm sure the endorsement of many many many of your fellow camaro owners here who already use it.

Adam's Leather & Interior Conditioner
Nick@Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #8
united1

Drives: slpzl585vert.
just ordered my first adams products I've seen way to many good posts about them to not believe in their stuff. I can't wait to get started.
united1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #9
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Adams conditioner is my preference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #10
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
I've used Zaino and Adams.. I like Adams conditioner over Zaino..
cleaner wise they both seem to do the same job
Old 05-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #11
OBSSEST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Black
303 has a long history in the UV protection market. It's all I've used on vinyl boat seats for several years. I put it on about once a month during the summer.

The 303 Fabric Guard would also be my #1 pick for keeping your cloth top in new condition and maintaining it's water repellency. I haven't seen the Camaro cloth top but I assume it's the same material as others.
OBSSEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:12 PM   #12
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSSEST View Post
303 has a long history in the UV protection market. It's all I've used on vinyl boat seats for several years. I put it on about once a month during the summer.

The 303 Fabric Guard would also be my #1 pick for keeping your cloth top in new condition and maintaining it's water repellency. I haven't seen the Camaro cloth top but I assume it's the same material as others.
I'll second the 303 for your top, but go with Zaino Z9 and Z10 for your leather. By far one of the best products on the market, plus it smells awesome.

I hate Adams leather spray on the other hand.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #13
Nick@Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teccboxx View Post
I hate Adams leather spray on the other hand.
Oh good... you hate our leather SPRAY? Thats a relief b/c we don't have any leather protectant in spray form so its good you hate that.

Are you referring to the cleaner? What specifically don't you like? If you "hate" it I hope you took advantage of our 110% guarantee policy and got your money back rather than keeping it.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #14
Tecca

LOL, sorry about my misuse of words there.

I guess hate is the wrong word as well, and no this is not a war or one product vs another before I go any further, as Adams has a lot of excellent products as you and a lot of people on the forum already know.

The cleaner is on par with with Zaino's as they both do what they are meant to do and actually it is probably better to go with Adams because it is a buck or two cheaper based on bottle size and you get that nice 10% discount.

The Conditioner on the other hand both smell great, Zaino is a little stronger. Adams does have SPF 65 protection where Zaino is only SPF 15 but Zaino's conditioner lasts longer. I found I had to use Adams every 2 weeks where Zaino was double that.

Ohh I never use that buy back guarantee stuff, if I bought it, used it I own it.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #15
Nick@Adams

Quote:
LOL, sorry about my misuse of words there.

I guess hate is the wrong word as well, and no this is not a war or one product vs another before I go any further, as Adams has a lot of excellent products as you and a lot of people on the forum already know.

The cleaner is on par with with Zaino's as they both do what they are meant to do and actually it is probably better to go with Adams because it is a buck or two cheaper based on bottle size and you get that nice 10% discount.

The Conditioner on the other hand both smell great, Zaino is a little stronger. Adams does have SPF 65 protection where Zaino is only SPF 15 but Zaino's conditioner lasts longer. I found I had to use Adams every 2 weeks where Zaino was double that.

Ohh I never use that buy back guarantee stuff, if I bought it, used it I own it.
No sweat... just bustin' yer chops a little
Old 05-29-2011, 05:15 AM   #16
mt31

Drives: camaross

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSSEST View Post

where do you get the 303 fabric guard from?
mt31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #17
Tecca

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt31 View Post
where do you get the 303 fabric guard from?
detailedimage
Old 05-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #18
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
I'm not a huge fan of the 303 line... Too runny and it doesn't seem to last very long.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #19
Tecca

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LTRS View Post
I'm not a huge fan of the 303 line... Too runny and it doesn't seem to last very long.

WOW! Really, this is the first time I have ever heard anyone complain about the longevity of 303 products.

I think you been sniffen that Adams stuff a little to much
Old 05-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #20
united1

Drives: slpzl585vert.
wow, I just used my adams leather cleaner and conditioner and I cant believe how good this stuff works, they got a customer for ever.
united1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:55 PM   #21
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
WOW! Really, this is the first time I have ever heard anyone complain about the longevity of 303 products.

I think you been sniffen that Adams stuff a little to much
Wow, why is every post I see from you anti-Adams? I just don't get constantly bashing a production, we get it, you don't like it.

My first Adam's order is arriving tomorrow (wash and wax kit), if I like it, I'll buy more of their stuff, if not, I'll try something else. My next purch is definitely going to be for the interior / leather since it's for a vert.

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:43 PM   #22
Tecca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
Wow, why is every post I see from you anti-Adams? I just don't get constantly bashing a production, we get it, you don't like it.

My first Adam's order is arriving tomorrow (wash and wax kit), if I like it, I'll buy more of their stuff, if not, I'll try something else. My next purch is definitely going to be for the interior / leather since it's for a vert.
WOW

This was a joke between me and Ryan this was no bash on Adams products and everyone knows that Adams has probably the best smelling products on the market. Hence the joke.

Also to sum it up I have no ill will towards Adams Product, the Junkman, or Dylan both are exceptional people that stand by a great product and rightfully so.