Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
RedDragonSS
Account Suspended

Drives: Red Camaro 2SS
Does anyone know which fuse to pull to remove the DRL??

I just installed my Halos today using the Ottobody Harness and everything works great.. My only issue is since I am a Non Rs my Headlights are my DRL's so now when they fire the lights starts to blink cause there is not enough power available to set the Hid off... My question is how can I remove the fuse to control this?? Or should I run a relay?? Any info would be appreciated... I can always switch the light off but it's a hassle remembering
Any info would be great...
Thanks
RedDragonSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
MagnumForceGB

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 / 2014 Mustang 5.0
There is no fuse for the DRL's on non-RS.

You do have a few options now though. You can either make your own harness that can turn off your DRL's, or you can buy a harness.

Do you have RS headlights?

Here is what a Non-RS can look like with some wiring.

You can easily make the RS headlights work on a non-RS and look like a RS, just will take some creativity.
MagnumForceGB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #3
RedDragonSS
Account Suspended

Drives: Red Camaro 2SS
Yes they are RS headlights.....
Everything is working fine except my headlights flicker when the car is outside full sunlight because of there is not enough power heading to the lights...
What would you recommend... I used the Ottobody harness to set it up...
RedDragonSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:11 AM   #4
MagnumForceGB

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 / 2014 Mustang 5.0
The HIDS are flickering due to the PWM signal that DRL sends on the low beam. Left like that too long, the HIDS will fail due to the constant off and on being done to them. I thought that the Ottobody harness had an in-line capacitor to correct that problem. I would suggest turning your lights off during the day time until you can get a permanent solution.

One way to fix that is to have a relay switch full 12v power from the battery to run the HIDS. If you are comfortable doing wiring work, then it won't be a problem fixing it.
MagnumForceGB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:26 AM   #5
oldfriend

Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
No need to pull a fuse , just pull the trigger on a high power sling gun !!!