|05-16-2011, 11:02 AM||#1|
Drives: C5 Z06, C6 Z06, and F-250.
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Houston, TX
(Houston) Texas Independence Trail Cruise! Sunday May 29th, 2011.
S! Camaro5 Members!
The Houston Performance Driving Staff has set a date for the Texas Independence Trail Cruise. HPD has done this cruise in the past and it always turns out to be good run. The cruise route will take us along the Texas Independence Trail where our Texas ancestors traveled to Washington on the Brazos State Park. This is where the newly formed Government of Texas wrote and signed their declaration of independence to Mexico.
This will be a fun filled cruise with a combination of open highway and back road twisties. Houston Performance Driving would like to encourage anyone to join the caravan on this fun run. Feel free to grab the GF, BF, BFF, wife, or husband and cruise in the race car.
I. Cruise Outline:
- Everyone will meet @ the Cinamark Movie Theater on 290. Address: 12920 Northwest Freeway Houston, TX 77040-6304. Meet spot will be on the EAST side of the building behind the Brickhouse Tavern and Hooters. Meet time @ 10AM with rollout @ 11AM.
- The group will travel up 290 just past Brenham. Once at 1948 N. we will be off the main highway and onto the back roads.
- We will stop at Washington on the Brazos State Park for restroom and stretch breaks.
- Once rested the group will roll out to Highway 105 for the return trip to Pappa's on the Lake or Wolfie's Hen House.
- The group will eat, relax, and tell war stories of the cruise.
- Once everyone is done, or has you need to leave. Please feel to do so and return home at your leisure.
II. Cruise Information:
- Where: Cinamark Tinseltown Movie Theater.
- When: Sunday May 29th, 2011.
- Times: Meet Time @ 10AM w/ Roll out @ 11AM.
- Address: 12920 Northwest Freeway Houston, TX 77040-6304
III. Cruise Route:
- 290 West to Austin.
- Turn RIGHT on to FM 1948 N.
- Turn RIGHT on to 390 W.
- Turn LEFT on to 105 E.
- @ Fork keep RIGHT on to 912.
- 912 will become 1155.
- Turn RIGHT into Washington on the Brazos State Park.
- Return to 1155 from park.
- Turn RIGHT on 105 E.
- Follow 105 E all the way to Lake Conroe Pappa's or Wolfie's Hen House.
IV. Cruise Gear:
- FULL tank of fuel.
- ID/Clear Registration/Inspection.
- 2 way walkie.
- Radar Detector.
- Vid Camera/Go-Pro.
- Lunch $$$.
- SeXXXy Female Copilot.
- Comfortable driving cloths.
- Driving shoes.
V. Rules & Safety:
- Please DO NOT show-off or drive outside of your ability.
- Please wear your seat belts.
- Please control your passengers or guests.
- Use signals.
- Control Speed.
- Do a quick once over your ride to make sure your are GOOD 2 GO GO GO!
- Respect others property.
VI: Questions or Concerns:
- Please post your Q's&C's here in this thread or feel free to PM (xtc4us), or another member of the HPD Staff. Someone will get back with you ASAP.
HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!
Troy - HPD Saff.
Houston Performance Driving.com! "Home to Houston's Elite"
- Black 2009 C6 Z06 (Houston Stock)
- Electron Blue C5 Z05 (LS3/Cam/Heads/N2O)
- Black 2008 F-250 SD 4x4
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Cruise meets in the London, St. Thomas area||Blacamaro||Canada||26||08-04-2010 01:21 AM|
|To All Texas Camaro5'ers - Kemah Boardwalk Inaugural Camaro Show - Sunday, April 25,||CamaroSkooter||USA - Texas||76||04-08-2010 10:50 PM|
|GM Reveals 2011 Chevrolet Silverado HD||FenwickHockey65||General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion||55||03-04-2010 02:56 PM|
|Camaro & Firebird Fall Cruise this Sunday October 25, 2009 in Southeast Michigan||SlpDave||USA - Great Lakes||1||10-25-2009 01:18 AM|
|Houston, TX Car Cruise this Sunday Sept 27th, 2009||EVS Motors Inc.||USA - Texas||6||10-01-2009 12:48 PM|