Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
Bogey99

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Exclamation buyer beware GMpartsdirect.com

Just a heads up for anyone looking to buying stock Camaro parts online. GMpartsdirect.com has very poor service. I ordered a part from them and then canceled it a week before it shipped. It shipped anyway. I emailed them 4 times and the only response I got was "your part has shipped". They dont even have a contact phone number. Just a buyer beware.
Bogey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
STNGLKB

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS\RS
I ordered several parts from them. Got them all in a timely fashion, but only after receiving emails on each item stating part was backordered or cancelled. Their ordering system is very disorganized.
STNGLKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
One of the guys is on the forums who works for gmpartsdirect I am sure he will straighten this out for you. Remember this is a very busy time of the year and things can get mixed up.

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
i've gotten a bunch of stuff from them. two just this week. i gotta admit, i haven't canceled an order yet but they've given me great service.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #5
KEEP RT
Wonderfully Awful Idea

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I like Ron Tonkin Chevy (one of the retailers on this site) for that reason. I've ordered parts from Allen English in the parts department and the service was outstanding. He will talk to you in person and confirm orders and you don't pay until it ships. He has a real phone number, email address, Fax number.etc. and he's a real car guy. He even owns a 2011 SS.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #6
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Yeah their communications are a bit rough but question for you, was the part you ordered a "special order" item? I ran into this very thing and because it was "special order" I could not cancel it. Which I was aware of from reading their policy. I am assuming it is because once entered into the parts system it is on its way.

They have good prices and timely shipping but the communications method is lacking for sure.
Cheers
K

Last edited by Moriartii; 12-02-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I've been ordering rom them for years. Only once was there an issue, and they fixed it right away. If you bother to READ their refund/return/cancellation policies, you'd have found out exactly how they view your issue. It's true, that if you order the part and it's special order, without emailing them first, it's on you and you can't cancel. Even if you order the wrong part. But if they help you and then order the wrong part, they'll fix it.

The philosophy I always have when ordering from them is to research it first, make dang sure of the stuff you need (if still not sure, email them first) and once you're ready to go, order away. I'm lucky I live in SC, and they ship ultra fast. No more than 2 days in most cases if they have it in stock.

It really pays only if you're in need of a bunch of things. If you only need a screw or clip, get it from your local dealer, as shipping/handling can kill you. Always shop around.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
No issues here. Got my parts as ordered in like 4 days.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #9
Bogey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
I've been ordering rom them for years. Only once was there an issue, and they fixed it right away. If you bother to READ their refund/return/cancellation policies, you'd have found out exactly how they view your issue. It's true, that if you order the part and it's special order, without emailing them first, it's on you and you can't cancel. Even if you order the wrong part. But if they help you and then order the wrong part, they'll fix it.

The philosophy I always have when ordering from them is to research it first, make dang sure of the stuff you need (if still not sure, email them first) and once you're ready to go, order away. I'm lucky I live in SC, and they ship ultra fast. No more than 2 days in most cases if they have it in stock.

It really pays only if you're in need of a bunch of things. If you only need a screw or clip, get it from your local dealer, as shipping/handling can kill you. Always shop around.
Yea actually I "BOTHERED" to read the policy on returns which was not the issue. From the Time I ordered my part and it shipped I sent four emails to this company none of which I received responses. If your ok with ordering and then receiving your part whenever they bother to ship it then you probably havent had problems with them. All im say is that dont expect to get any sort of customer service from GMpartsdirect. If your a company this size and your too cheap to hire customer service reps then I dont want to do business with you. Who would when theres plenty of competition out there.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #10
Bogey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
No issues here. Got my parts as ordered in like 4 days.
God forbid you ever have to get a hold of them.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #11
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I've never used them. I have only gone through www.chevypartsplus.com and have been happy with them so far.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #12
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
Every time I have ordered from them there has been an issue. And getting a hold of an actual person when there is a problem is a whole nother story.
I could go into details if anyone wants to know.
xx_ED_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #13
~Stacy~

Drives: 14 camaro 13 cruze
GMParts Direct

I have ordered my gm performance exhaust, mtx subwoofers and my heritage grille thru them. Never no issues always received my product within a few days The prices sure beat going to the dealer and paying their prices
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #14
eric@thompson
Account Suspended

Drives: GMC Sierra
I ordered a dash kit for my truck from them. I received a notice the part was backordered and unavailable. I cancelled the order and purchased it from another place. 6 weeks later I'm billed for the kit from GMpartsdirect and it comes in the mail. Now I'm out $700 and have a second kit I don't need. I have to agree, their service is poor. Do not send notice the part is not coming, then ship it anyway.
eric@thompson is offline   Reply With Quote