Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
ArcAngel


 
ArcAngel's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manalapan-NJ
Posts: 2,872
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Only Real Competitor...

Ok after all the discussion of what car competes where with the Camaro . I looked at all the factors, price, drivability, speed , design, and that IT factor. When I narrowed it down out of all the cars out there that I can afford and would consider(and this is coming from a pro-american pro-GM guy) is the 370Z. The only other foreign car that I ever owned was the 350Z and Nissan has corrected all that I didnt like and then some. This car is Camaros biggest threat in my opinion in the hearts of the buyer. I look at it this way Mustang will always have its following, so Camaro won't steal many sales from them if at all. Plus this Camaro not only calls to us Camaro enthusiasts but introduces this car to a generation that never knew it. This generation is all about the Z!!! So these two cars are gonna be direct competition. I believe both cars in there own right stir the soul in a way that lets say the mustang and chally do not. There performance will be outstanding for both and even though the Z is more expensive for what it offers its still a bargain. LET THE GAMES BEGIN....So how many flames do I have to endure LOL
__________________
Through HIM you believe in GOD, who raised HIM from the dead and Glorified him..
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,379
No flames here. When I sat in the 370Z for the brief moment I was "allowed in there without being hassled"(yeah, thats a whole different story). I thought the interior was very nice. Little small for the bigger guy though. But perfect for me at 5'9". I know it's fast, we don't need a review to know how fast it is. It should compete well.
__________________
I am seriously never serious vv V vv Next order of business
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith
 
TheMadHatter99's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 721
I'd agree, but I'd also say that people are underestimating the dark horse candidate: the Hyundai Genesis. While its styling isn't all that impressive, it does resemble what many of the younger generation view as a high-performance vehicle, comes at a very reasonable price, and is one of the very few vehicles currently being marketed as a true sports car.

While Mustang and Challenger will always be the traditional rivals, I agree that the imports such as the 370 and the Genesis will pose more of a sales threat to the current generation Camaro.
__________________
TheMadHatter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
Crowley
Okie doke
 
Crowley's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GT500
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 3,569
IMO it should be considered a direct SALES competitor but can't be considered a direct performance competitor as I believe the 2 were designed with different intentions in that area ...

Crowley
__________________
Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #5
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 3,982
"Competitiors" to the Camaro will be seen as Challenger and Mustang by your average enthusiast.

But the Camaro will have to compete with the 370Z, Genesis, and the likes to survive in todays market.

I truly believe once Camaro arrives, the others will be scrambling for 2nd place.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
ponycrusher21
 
ponycrusher21's Avatar
 
Drives: the passenger seat
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: awesometown,tn
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Ok after all the discussion of what car competes where with the Camaro . I looked at all the factors, price, drivability, speed , design, and that IT factor. When I narrowed it down out of all the cars out there that I can afford and would consider(and this is coming from a pro-american pro-GM guy) is the 370Z. The only other foreign car that I ever owned was the 350Z and Nissan has corrected all that I didnt like and then some. This car is Camaros biggest threat in my opinion in the hearts of the buyer. I look at it this way Mustang will always have its following, so Camaro won't steal many sales from them if at all. Plus this Camaro not only calls to us Camaro enthusiasts but introduces this car to a generation that never knew it. This generation is all about the Z!!! So these two cars are gonna be direct competition. I believe both cars in there own right stir the soul in a way that lets say the mustang and chally do not. There performance will be outstanding for both and even though the Z is more expensive for what it offers its still a bargain. LET THE GAMES BEGIN....So how many flames do I have to endure LOL
when you look at price and performance numbers its the only one that makes ALOT of sense. I saw a couple of them in person a while ago, and i gotta say those cars are pretty nice.
__________________


Ponycrusher 21
ponycrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:36 AM   #7
Miamimatt
 
Miamimatt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2 LT RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Miami
Posts: 203
Send a message via Yahoo to Miamimatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
I'd agree, but I'd also say that people are underestimating the dark horse candidate: the Hyundai Genesis. While its styling isn't all that impressive, it does resemble what many of the younger generation view as a high-performance vehicle, comes at a very reasonable price, and is one of the very few vehicles currently being marketed as a true sports car.

While Mustang and Challenger will always be the traditional rivals, I agree that the imports such as the 370 and the Genesis will pose more of a sales threat to the current generation Camaro.
I agree i think the Genesis is a hot car, but with that being said its Camaro all the way. I love my american car and GM and it will always have the edge when all other things are equal. I am 27 and i never owned a 67 Camaro but that doesnt mean i havent fallen in love with the Camaro old and new. GM will always have my heart even though io might ocasionally take a look at the other girls lol.
Miamimatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:36 AM   #8
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!
 
FirstLSK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 811
Sorry to hear you would consider that car. It is about as un-American as it gets. Non of the parts, nor assembly is from the U.S.

Performace wise -- we will just have to see how is sizes up to a SS. Engine wise, it is undisputable fact that the LS3 does and will always have more potential that the uncle bens burner under the hood of the 370.

As far as looks -- I think it is butt ugly. When I took my 20 year old step Son to the auto show, he didn't like it either. He said "something about it just looks funny to me..... I don't like it at all"


To me, the back half of the car is the real turn off. It looks like an extremely fat person sat on the back of a 350Z.

FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #9
ArcAngel


 
ArcAngel's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manalapan-NJ
Posts: 2,872
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
yea in the end when it comes down to it these two the maro and Z will be the best handling, most expressively designed and fastest of all the competitors. They are designed with the most modern of the platforms, and most modern of the engine/transmission combos. These two are the best of the best! First slk Im sorry to hear that, but in the end it is your opinion and I respect it. I am not saying that I will get the 370Z im saying it is the only true competitor.
__________________
Through HIM you believe in GOD, who raised HIM from the dead and Glorified him..
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #10
diddiyo


 
Drives: .
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .
Posts: 3,053
not this again...
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #11
Vash


 
Drives: 00 Blazer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,109
Sounds like you just want the Nissan for the "it" factor.

Yawn... boring. Chix are not gonna give a crap how fast it is just that the Camaro looks a hell of a lot better than that VW beetle looking POS Nissan.

As a former 300 ZX owner I am entitled to bitch about Nissan. Like I said try working on it after your warranty expires. It will cost you a lot more in TCO in the long run cause parts and service gonna be more $$$ than the Camaro.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:55 AM   #12
1camaro70
 
1camaro70's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BUTLER, PA
Posts: 531
actually the 370Z is not the best comparison, the Infiniti G37 Coupe has a back seat that adults can use, much like the Camaro, My G35 Coupe is for sale now, waiting for my Camaro.
1camaro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #13
xfiremd
 
Drives: corvette
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 17
I had a similar thought, although I was thinking that it was the g35 or g37. Just yesterday I told my wife that I think there is going to be alot of embarrassed M3 owners, once the ss starts hitting the streets. I think the new Camaro is not even in the same class as the mustang. I have a friend who is a big mopar guy, and was going to buy a v6 challanger, I emailed him the link to win jimmies Camaro, after her did a search to answer the questions he decided to order A V6 Camaro.
xfiremd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #14
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 27,648
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
not this again...
What? You're not agonizingly tired of talking about Nissan's wonder-shoe?

*facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
actually the 370Z is not the best comparison, the Infiniti G37 Coupe has a back seat that adults can use, much like the Camaro, My G35 Coupe is for sale now, waiting for my Camaro.
I hadn't thought about this one. But he's right.
If we're ignoring the Mustang and Challenger, this is the most comparable to the Camaro in terms of overall vehicle. It's a larger 370z with back seats.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Real paint on real Camaros - Color options - 9 of 10 so far rolnslo Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 96 02-27-2009 05:50 PM
Bummer - No Real Camaro At SF Auto Show Roadster 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 11-30-2008 02:27 AM
GM!! Please give us a real orange!!! 454lsxss Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 3 11-12-2008 04:54 PM
How about this??? 2sharp 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 44 09-07-2008 11:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.