Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #1151
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,399
Haz zee name of zaid Beazty been finalizzzed?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:48 PM   #1152
427camaro
 
Drives: 2011 HTR-454SS Camaro, 87 Buick GN
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
One time builds cost an arm and a leg. The Z will be sold as a complete vehicle, but not by Pedders. While I know exactly what I wanted from a Z, the Z required a very special skill set. I would like to take credit for the project, but I can't. All the heavy lifting was done by my 'friends'. Pedders is just a piece of the puzzle.
This sounds like it's a project heading in the direction I would like to also go in. I don't know if I can afford it, but time will tell. Yes, one off builds & even many of the aftermarket tuner cars are expensive. If it turns out that a recognised name (Lingenfelter, Hennessey, etc) is doing the building, then that's a big plus, as people recognise that value. Just hope that a name brand like those don't cause it to be priced too high. I'm currently selling another car to make room for the camaro, and waiting to see what the GM version of the Z28 will be, but when your car is ready to market it sounds like a good one to consider.
427camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #1153
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Haz zee name of zaid Beazty been finalizzzed?
Yes and it will be a Z / XX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427camaro View Post
This sounds like it's a project heading in the direction I would like to also go in. I don't know if I can afford it, but time will tell. Yes, one off builds & even many of the aftermarket tuner cars are expensive. If it turns out that a recognised name (Lingenfelter, Hennessey, etc) is doing the building, then that's a big plus, as people recognise that value. Just hope that a name brand like those don't cause it to be priced too high. I'm currently selling another car to make room for the camaro, and waiting to see what the GM version of the Z28 will be, but when your car is ready to market it sounds like a good one to consider.
There is no way that I / Pedders would partner on a project like this with anyone less than the best. It is too early to make the full announcement, but no way no how will anyone be disappointed. Did I mention the 427 is dry sumped?
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #1154
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,214
So Pete? I didn't know my thread title would be used as a formula.
Hey that's it "Formula Z"!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #1155
427camaro
 
Drives: 2011 HTR-454SS Camaro, 87 Buick GN
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

There is no way that I / Pedders would partner on a project like this with anyone less than the best. It is too early to make the full announcement, but no way no how will anyone be disappointed. Did I mention the 427 is dry sumped?
Sounds great !!
Is there any down side to a dry sump system other than additional cost ?
This was most likely outined in one of your earlier posts, but I'll ask anyway, are you putting a hot cam in the LS7 Z project ? I really like the old school thumpy idle. Have actually heard several cammed LS7's and when you hear it you just know it's a very special car.
427camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #1156
LOWDOWN
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 4,162
Congrats, Pete, et al. Glad "the plan" is coming together!

I, for one, will be sorry I'm not at SEMA for the reveal and, of course, the Optima Challenge!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #1157
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
So Pete? I didn't know my thread title would be used as a formula.
Hey that's it "Formula Z"!
We were all hoping your thread would be used as a formula... by GM. There is still hope for a LS7 factory Z/28 and the core group here, if you'll allow me to include myself, we'll continue to demonstrate to GM there are Z/28 buyers waiting for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427camaro View Post
Sounds great !!
Is there any down side to a dry sump system other than additional cost ?
This was most likely outined in one of your earlier posts, but I'll ask anyway, are you putting a hot cam in the LS7 Z project ? I really like the old school thumpy idle. Have actually heard several cammed LS7's and when you hear it you just know it's a very special car.
Expense is the only downside to a dry sump system I am aware of. The LS7 has been massaged. The ZL1 will be looking up to Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Congrats, Pete, et al. Glad "the plan" is coming together!

I, for one, will be sorry I'm not at SEMA for the reveal.
While this thread did not generate an assembly line Z/28 it created a lot of discussions in and out of GM. When the Go Call finally came, I was as excited as a little kid on Christmas. Without this thread, the Z project may not have moved forward. Passion is the driver for this project and this is the home of Z/28 passion.

I will make it a point to post pictures from the unveil on Day One of SEMA. My guess is that before I leave the show that day others will have already posted them. Double or triple photos of a Z will be a good thing.

Sorry to read you won't be at SEMA. I am hoping we can all get together at C5FEST III. I am starting a list.

Attending SEMA
Attending C5FEST III
I am chained to my desk and can't make either one
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #1158
LOWDOWN
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 4,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
We were all hoping your thread would be used as a formula... by GM. There is still hope for a LS7 factory Z/28 and the core group here, if you'll allow me to include myself, we'll continue to demonstrate to GM there are Z/28 buyers waiting for them.
Yes...yes we will...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
While this thread did not generate an assembly line Z/28 it created a lot of discussions in and out of GM. When the Go Call finally came, I was as excited as a little kid on Christmas. Without this thread, the Z project may not have moved forward. Passion is the driver for this project and this is the home of Z/28 passion.
Yes...yes it has...

Unless/until they say, "NO!", we'll continue to be as persuasive as we can be...

An SSX is "something"...your "Z/XX" will be "something else"...and a production version DOES NOT HAVE TO BE either of those, but merely contain some of that "special DNA".
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #1159
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,214
Getting very excited! Bring it on!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #1160
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
We were all hoping your thread would be used as a formula... by GM. There is still hope for a LS7 factory Z/28 and the core group here, if you'll allow me to include myself, we'll continue to demonstrate to GM there are Z/28 buyers waiting for them.



Expense is the only downside to a dry sump system I am aware of. The LS7 has been massaged. The ZL1 will be looking up to Big Brother



While this thread did not generate an assembly line Z/28 it created a lot of discussions in and out of GM. When the Go Call finally came, I was as excited as a little kid on Christmas. Without this thread, the Z project may not have moved forward. Passion is the driver for this project and this is the home of Z/28 passion.

I will make it a point to post pictures from the unveil on Day One of SEMA. My guess is that before I leave the show that day others will have already posted them. Double or triple photos of a Z will be a good thing.

Sorry to read you won't be at SEMA. I am hoping we can all get together at C5FEST III. I am starting a list.

Attending SEMA
Attending C5FEST III
I am chained to my desk and can't make either one
I hope all the effort filter backs down to ordinary consumers such as I somehow, someway, someday soon to an assembly line GM Z-28, good luck Pete with this awesome sounding project! Sounds like it's going to be way over the F products head...as in stratospheric levels way over their head....
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #1161
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 FI Corvette and CRT ZL1 #336
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,098
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
This is sounding like the car that so many Z/28 hopefuls have been waiting for. I hope that it will be everything that all of you have been hoping for. Thanks Pete for continuing the Z/28 momentum.
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #1162
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Getting very excited! Bring it on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post

I hope all the effort filter backs down to ordinary consumers such as I somehow, someway, someday soon to an assembly line GM Z-28, good luck Pete with this awesome sounding project! Sounds like it's going to be way over the F products head...as in stratospheric levels way over their head....
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
This is sounding like the car that so many Z/28 hopefuls have been waiting for. I hope that it will be everything that all of you have been hoping for. Thanks Pete for continuing the Z/28 momentum.
I really want to open another can of beans, but I can't. On the otherhand, when this car hits the streets and track it will open a commercial sized can of
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #1163
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I really want to open another can of beans, but I can't. On the otherhand, when this car hits the streets and track it will open a commercial sized can of
...loud and clear Pete! And I especially like hearing about the part of it hitting the streets . I talked to a source yesterday about my affinity and connection with the Z-28 and he replied why not then wait for the Z-28. Understanding it was an eventuallity gives no comfort to a performance enthusiast who can obtain something now for a predictable price rather than wait on uncertainty. I can't wait much longer. At my age grabbing a sure thing is better than waiting for something intangible that will or may happen in the near or distant future. My camp reside here, I am a Z-28 guy, and my spendible income for a Chevy Z-28 depends on if, when, and how much the Z-28 comes in at as a factory produced ride. So, in the end, the fact that I may be in on the ZL1 does not preclude me from jumping ship down the road when the time is right. I'm optomistic. You're commitment to this end will be doing the groundwork for such a future project.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #1164
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,214
Thanks LowDown.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #1165
monstertodd


 
monstertodd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tega Cay, South Carolina
Posts: 4,041
So it sounds like Pedders is coming up with something pretty special.....
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #1166
LOWDOWN
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 4,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
So it sounds like Pedders is coming up with something pretty special.....
No...

I suspect we'll see something "other-worldly" from a consortium of prominent players (not the least of whom will be PEDDERS)...built in limited numbers...with performance capabilities previously beyond expectations...for this segment...offered by ANYONE...

I wish I was going to SEMA...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #1167
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
.

I wish I was going to SEMA...
I as well....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #1168
monstertodd


 
monstertodd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tega Cay, South Carolina
Posts: 4,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
No...

I suspect we'll see something "other-worldly" from a consortium of prominent players (not the least of whom will be PEDDERS)...built in limited numbers...with performance capabilities previously beyond expectations...for this segment...offered by ANYONE...

I wish I was going to SEMA...
The pictures no doubt will be amazing!
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #1169
LOWDOWN
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 4,162
Not nearly as amazing as the "finished product"...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #1170
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,214
How much HP is needed for the Z/XX to best the ZR1 stats?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #1171
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 22,096
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
How much HP is needed for the Z/XX to best the ZR1 stats?
To beat the ZR1? More than my bank account can support

*edit*
Same could probably be said if you want a Z28 to beat a ZL1 in a straight line
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
don't believe a thing you read about the next gen Camaro -- as history has proven time and time again:

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather
__________________

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #1172
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,214
I believe that is what Pete was saying the Z/XX (not a factory Z28) was being built to do?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #1173
Pappa Joe

 
Pappa Joe's Avatar
 
Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
So what % of the now ZL1 buyers will be looking for a mid $40's Z28 when the ZL1's $$,$$$. is announced?

Not I Sir......Still getting a ZL-1....I have to ,i ordered a custom plate!
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #1174
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,399
Pete, What is it going to take to make the Z/28 beat a 7:41 at the ring?

That's a pretty impressive time!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #1175
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,345
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I'm no expert and my names not pete. . .but I like playing this game.



lighter weight, 540 hp. . .well tuned suspension for the course and a better driver?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
700 hp z/28 in 2014, the greatest camaro

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BREAKING: 2012 CAMARO ZL1 - 6.2L LSA Supercharged - 6MT Revealed! Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 756 05-01-2013 06:22 AM
Transcript of Camaro ZL1 Q&A Webchat with Chevrolet Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 38 02-17-2012 12:45 AM
Installation Camaro Needed for Manual for a Justice Install Package in SF Bay Area Info@PeddersUSA.com USA - California 6 04-30-2010 08:02 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 06:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.