Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 06-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #51
Shrader

Drives: 1999 supercharged Mustang
Glad to see you've done your research on E85 before you just jumped into the conversion. I'm somewhat of a E85 self proclaimed expert. Been running it in Mustangs for about 3 years now with great results. One of things people don't realize is that you have to COMPLETELY drain your tank of old gas before loading in the e85. If there's any residual gasoline in the tank, it makes the mixture blend down to a lower ethanol content, and that directly changes the air/fuel ratio that occurs from the mixture in the tank. Adding more gas makes it richer. Adding more ethanol makes it leaner (with no other PCM changes). So the trick to swapping back and forth is a clean fresh tank of fuel.

There's not huge gains to be made on N/A cars but you can pickup a little with tuning. Boosted cars really wake up because of the cooling properties and how much timing advance you can throw at it and how much more compression you can throw into the motor safely.

As you can tell, I love this stuff!

You can get some other info on my e85 site at www.e85mustangs.com . I know it's not Chevy related, but the concepts are the same.
Shrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #52
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Thanks for your feedback! I actually praised your article on e85mustang here on C5. I thought it was very informative especially for starters. When I went into converting to e85 I went in expecting at least 5% increase in power with the right advance in timing and tuning. During this time vince@trifecta (our v6 tuner) came up with ideas to take full advantage of e85 via our high compression, direct injection, and VVT.
So far the power gain has been incredible! In my opinion, more than what a normal N/A car will see. I will be putting the car on the dyno very shortly so stay tuned in for final number
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote