Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes Intake, exhaust, tunes, other bolt-ons.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Talking Apex Motorsports Washer Fluid Tank Replacement Kit Now Available: $69.99! IN STOCK!!!

Apex Motorsports Washer Fluid Tank Replacement Kit: $69.99!!!

Scoop/Washer Tank and Intake/Scoop/Washer Tank packages will be available soon!!!

When upgrading your stock air intake to an aftermarket performance intake or adding air induction accessories, you can lose the use of your stock windshield washer tank. The Apex Motorsports Washer Tank Replacement Kit is a complete solution for these cases. Our kit features OEM quality components and utilizes your stock 12V electric pump so there are no wires to cut. The design allows for unlimited installation options that can contribute to a clean and cluster free engine compartment and does not interfere with the installation of aftermarket strut tower braces.

The kit includes:
  • Durable, molded plastic tank with vented cap
  • 6 feet of polyethylene tubing
  • Remote fill with vented cap. (Cap has universal washer fluid logo)
  • Clamps and hardware for typical installation
  • Installation instructions
Optional: Add a modified GM washer fluid pump to the assembly. The relocation kit uses your stock GM washer pump, but requires some modification (cutting of pump stem). Order this option if you prefer to keep your stock pump in it's original condition. GM part no. 92214706 (Retail $35.44) Modified pump comes installed.

There have been several Camaro5 members who have post outstanding DIY install threads for the Apex Washer Tank Relocation Kit and Air Scoop package. Here are a few links.

DIY - ADM Scoop & Apex Washer Tank Installed with a CAI intake
By: ClutchKargo

Apex Motorsports Washer Tank Relocation Kit & Air Scoop
By: edgar3

Apex Motorsports Washer Fluid Tank Replacement Kit Now Available!!!
By: Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
EASY SHMEASY.

Took me all of an hour and a half to install.

I put it up on blocks to get the jack under it, took off the wheel, took out the wheel well liner and went to work. It's VERY straight forward and directions really aren't needed... I mounted the washer inlet inside the rotofab CAI. Looks like it was meant to be there. Works great!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawrencepdx View Post
Hello Everyone.
I received my w/w relocate and air scoop today from Apex.
The installation went flawless and the pieces work as expected.

I notice the difference and am very pleased with the end result.
+1 for the Apex kit

Cheers from Portland

Below is an example of one possible installation option.

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 05-24-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Apex Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:23 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Installation instructions
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 070823AE Installation Instructions.pdf (124.2 KB, 305 views)
Old 05-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
Turbo99

Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Are you working on something to include the "Race scoop"?
TVS2300 ,Hendrix Street Slayer Twin Carbon Clutch, Dana 60 3.73, DSS 1400HP Axles,JRe cam & LaMotta Performance tuned,LPE Fuel, AI Super Chiller,MT ET Streets
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
Are you working on something to include the "Race scoop"?
We will have a complete package available in the next few weeks.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Installation instructions
Just a suggestion but in the instructions, could you possibly include a picture of exactly what is suppose to be removed from the pump? I read over it a few times and I'm still confused on what is needed to be cut off.

Also what does that piece do on the factory washer bottle? This information may be handy in deciding whether to cut the piece off if it doesn't do anything or to order one from you.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Just a suggestion but in the instructions, could you possibly include a picture of exactly what is suppose to be removed from the pump? I read over it a few times and I'm still confused on what is needed to be cut off.

Also what does that piece do on the factory washer bottle? This information may be handy in deciding whether to cut the piece off if it doesn't do anything or to order one from you.
The post being referred to is the small round one closest to the camera in the picture below. It is not a functional element on the pump but it does interfere with installing the pump into the new tank. There is really no reason why I would expect someone to order the optional pump but it is there if someone wants the work already done.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #7
Apex Motorsports

It is FRIDAY!!! Be sure to place your order early today to beat the weekend shipping lull.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #8
mst504

Drives: 2010 Orange SS L99 HPE Supercharged
So this will mount the washer bottle outside my heatshield?

Any update on the race scoop package? I'm thinking about both.
Attached Images

mst504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #9
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mst504 View Post
So this will mount the washer bottle outside my heatshield?

Any update on the race scoop package? I'm thinking about both.
The tank would actually be mounted completely out of sight down on the air scoop. The only visible part is the remote filler neck. You can mount it almost anywhere but on the heat shield seems to be the most popular. The scoops are still a few weeks out. As soon as we get them we will be shouting from the roof tops. There are a lot of folks waiting on the package before they buy.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #10
Apex Motorsports

Weekend and Monday orders have shipped. Thank you Camaro5!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #11
CamaroSS426

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via AIM to CamaroSS426
Hi Chase, Just wanted to let you know thanks for all your help! Got everything I ordered with in days, now I just have to find the time to install! keep up the great work, I look forward to ordering from Apex in the future!
CamaroSS426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #12
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS426 View Post
Hi Chase, Just wanted to let you know thanks for all your help! Got everything I ordered with in days, now I just have to find the time to install! keep up the great work, I look forward to ordering from Apex in the future!
No problem. I appreciate your feed back and your business.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #13
Apex Motorsports

Thanks for a great weekend Camaro5! Weekend orders have shipped.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:43 PM   #14
Darth V8R
I'm on a horse

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Just ordered this, thanks for putting it together! I had originally ordered the one that ADM sells with their intake, but that thing fits about as well as a fat lady in a clown car
Old 06-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #15
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth V8R View Post
Just ordered this, thanks for putting it together! I had originally ordered the one that ADM sells with their intake, but that thing fits about as well as a fat lady in a clown car
Thank you for your order.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #16
Apex Motorsports

Here is a post made by Camaro5 member Darth Emma after she installed the Apex Washer Tank Replacement Kit on her Rot-Fab equipped Camaro SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I installed the washer bottle, scoop, and heritage grill today. If I may offer a few bits of advice to those putting on the washer bottle.

1) Mount the fill tube piece INSIDE your intake. If you mount it outside the intake box, there is no easy way to route the fill tube to the washer bottle because the bottle is directly below the intake. Here is where I put it:

We put the fill tube inside the intake in front of the filter. We had to be careful where we mounted it so that the bolts and nuts wouldn't touch the air conditioner lines outside the air box. So we took the intake box out of the car, drilled the holes, and mounted the fill tube with the bolt heads toward the AC lines and the nuts inside the air box. That way, the bolts didn't touch the AC lines.

2) As it says in the instructions, mount the bottle as far back on the scoop as you can like I did in this picture. If it had been any further forward, then it would hit the DRL light recess on the front bumper.

3) You don't really have to cut the little nub off the pump. It would fit in the washer bottle recess just fine with the nub on.

Thanks to Apex for a great kit! It work perfectly.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #17
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Any ETA yet on when the package will be available?

Also any chance of you offering a intake package with all three items?

I want to buy a CAI intake in the next couple weeks but I want to wait until the package becomes available to save on shipping.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #18
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Any ETA yet on when the package will be available?

Also any chance of you offering a intake package with all three items?

I want to buy a CAI intake in the next couple weeks but I want to wait until the package becomes available to save on shipping.
We are about 1 1/2-2 weeks out on the scoops. As soon as they are in we will have a smoking package for all three items.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #19
Apex Motorsports

Thank you for a great weekend and start to a new week Camaro5! Weekend and Monday orders have shipped.

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 06-28-2011 at 06:42 AM.
Apex Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #20
ClutchKargo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Got my kit installed great product!

Got my washer bottle kit earlier this week and got it installed with my ADM scoop in conjunction with my CAI intake.

Thanks guys I've been waiting on a great solution like this and the install went fantastic.

Here is my install:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155694

Thanks again,
Cluth
Solo Mach XL CatBack w/ J Pipe - Texas Speed LT Headers - 3M Nano-Carbon Polyester Tint 20% - 3M Crystalline 90% Tint on Windshield - Azentek Smart Mirror w/Back up Camera - CAI Intake - ADM Scoop - APEX Washer Tank Kit - PowderPro Ported & Polished TB
ClutchKargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:44 PM   #21
Apex Motorsports

Here is a great write up posted buy Camaro5 member ClutchKargo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchKargo View Post
Well I have waited until there was a good washer bottle replacement solution to install my ADM scoop so now I have finally installed my scoop using the Apex washer tank replacement kit.

It produced fantastic results!

I have to admit my biggest fear was cutting the plastic behind the grill for proper placement of the scoop. So here are some of my tips and pictures during my installation.

First of all as suggested by the folks at ADM I taped the plastic piece to be cut vertically at the edge of the reinforcements and then horizontally to the left using this as a guide to make the cuts straight. I did not however get a picture of the how I taped this onto the plastic. Sorry.

Here is a picture of the plastic after the cut:

And here is the piece that came out:

Here are a couple of suggestions for cutting this piece out. First I used a Dremel tool with a circular disk to make the vertical cut. Put the Dremel on its low speed setting, this will make it easier to guide the tool while you are cutting and it still has plenty of speed to cut through the plastic. You will have to use the round metal tip to make the horizontal cut because there is very limited room so I went with the round metal bit. It is more difficult to be careful making the cut straight so take your time and leave the tool on low.

Next you will need to cut off an eraser sized piece of plastic on the washer pump for it to fit properly into the new washer tank. This is described in good detail with your instructions you get with the APEX kit. I used the round metal tip on the Dremel as well and used the low setting again. Just start at the top and work down the piece until you get it worn down. This was very quick and easy.

Here is a picture of the circular blade, the metal blade (on the Dremel), and the washer pump after I removed the plastic piece:

Next I used a conical stone grinder bit on the Dremel to clean up the opening where the scoop will go, I placed the scoop into the hole and found I needed to take off about 1/16" to 1/8" more off the bottom so the scoop would fit in better and was snug when in place.

Here is the cleaned up opening:

Next is the installation of the washer bottle to the scoop. Place the washer bottle on the scoop far to the right and to the top to mark where to drill the holes for installation. Make sure you go as far to the right as possible because my washer bottle fit very snug up against the back of the DRL light on the inside of the bumper on final install it worked but could have been a little more to the right about a 1/2" more would have been just right.

Drill some small holes first:

Then your 5/16" final holes:

Here is the washer bottle installed on scoop with washer pump installed into the bottle.

The inside:

Next I took off the CAI housing to install the filler piece, I went on the outside of the housing and went ahead and attached the hose so I could route it when I reinstalled the housing which worked out very well. I routed the hose along the bottom and then back to the front there will be space of about 1" in the front that you can fit the hose through when you get the housing back in place.

Here is the housing with the filler installed:

Install the scoop with bolt supplied on the top that will go through the front side of the horn mount. Install the bottom bolt which is one of the original washer bottle bolts. Replace the hose on the bottom pump that goes to the wiper blades. Finally plug in the wiring harness to the pump.

Here is everything finished on the bottom side before I put the fender well back in place:

Fill the bottle and you are finished:

Three great products that work fantastic together!!

Clutch
Old 07-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #22
Apex Motorsports

CAI or Roto-Fab + Scoop + APEX Washer Bottle Kit Now Available Only @ APEX
Old 08-08-2011, 12:16 AM   #23
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Going to order mine this week.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Doug Thorley Shorty Headers, JBA Hi Flow Cats, Borla S-Type Catback, o2 Sensor Extensions, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:28 AM   #24
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyroar View Post
Going to order mine this week.
Sounds good. We have plenty in stock and ready to rock.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:36 AM   #25
Apex Motorsports

Thank you for a great start to a new week Camaro5!

Tags
intake scoop, scoop, washer bottle, washer tank relocation