Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

USA - California The Golden State

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #2501
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
haha yea I sure do, I remember when I used to sell Umbrella policies thats when your eyes just wouldnt believe the amount of zero's the check would come out because in insurance majority is paid by commision and umbrella policies usually covered a million dollars or more so imagine the commision on those !!!!!!!!!!!!! shit now I wish I would of stayed in the business just thinking about it lol ........ and in logistics I pretty much take care of managing all incoming and outgoing freight from our location to places from all over US in other words lots of data input and analyzing ... fun stuff i love my job
Sweet man, that sounds like a really good jig. I can only imagine how much the commision was, hahaha .
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #2502
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]
 
leonardo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Turbo SS / Ducati 1198s
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,691
.

New plates came in just in time !!!

"WE WILL NEVER FORGET" 9-11
Attached Images
 
__________________
leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:09 PM   #2503
BROMARO909
SO CAL HEAD TURNERS
 
BROMARO909's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CHEVY BROMARO
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: AGOURA HILLS, CA
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
New plates came in just in time !!!

"WE WILL NEVER FORGET" 9-11
Very nice!
__________________
SOCAL HEADTURNERS
APPEARANCE MODS: STILLEN FRONT SPLITTER, CUSTOM PAINTED BOWTIE, TINTED FOGLIGHTS, BLACKED OUT RIMS, CUSTOM PAINTED BRAKE CALIPERS, BLACKED OUT KEYHOLE, 35% FRONT 15% REAR WINDOWS, TINTED TAIL LIGHS, BLACKED OUT TRUNK LID. LIGHTING MODS: BFXENON 6K HID KIT, STEALTH TURN SIGNAL BULBS, LED FOG LIGHT BULBS.
INTERIOR MODS: RED LED BULBS IN MAP/TRUNK, FLAT BLACK CLUSTER BEZEL, CUSTOM PAINTED SHIFTER BEZEL
PERFORMANCE MODS: BLASTIN BOBS AXLEBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM, HURST SHORT THROW SHIFTER, H&R SPORT LOWERING SPRINGS
BROMARO909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #2504
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]
 
leonardo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Turbo SS / Ducati 1198s
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,691
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROMARO909 View Post
Very nice!
thanks bro, yesterday I got like a thousand thumbs up while driving :-) very patriotic day yesterday was
__________________
leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #2505
FeArLeSsInSoCaL
SoCal Mayhem
 
FeArLeSsInSoCaL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 310 - WEST COAST
Posts: 308
yesterday was a somber day. we had a moment of silence before my baseball game yesterday for a teammate who's sister died in one of the towers. it makes me think how I will never forget that morning waking up to the images... and even though I hold my personal opinion about that day I still strap on my extra 20 lbs of gear everyday and hope I find one of them sumbitches during my beat. Semper Fi to Luis and all those other jarheads out there and to those standing a post at our borders with a rifle back at home. OOH-RAH!!!!!!
__________________

"I see a beautiful city, and a brilliant people, rising from the abyss. I see the lives for which I lay down my life... peaceful... useful... prosperous... and happy.
I see that I hold a sanctuary in their hearts, and in the hearts of their descendants, generations hence...
It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done. It is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known."
FeArLeSsInSoCaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:20 PM   #2506
FeArLeSsInSoCaL
SoCal Mayhem
 
FeArLeSsInSoCaL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 310 - WEST COAST
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
New plates came in just in time !!!

"WE WILL NEVER FORGET" 9-11
THOSE ARE BADASS!!!!
__________________

"I see a beautiful city, and a brilliant people, rising from the abyss. I see the lives for which I lay down my life... peaceful... useful... prosperous... and happy.
I see that I hold a sanctuary in their hearts, and in the hearts of their descendants, generations hence...
It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done. It is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known."
FeArLeSsInSoCaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #2507
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]
 
leonardo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Turbo SS / Ducati 1198s
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,691
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeArLeSsInSoCaL View Post
yesterday was a somber day. we had a moment of silence before my baseball game yesterday for a teammate who's sister died in one of the towers. it makes me think how I will never forget that morning waking up to the images... and even though I hold my personal opinion about that day I still strap on my extra 20 lbs of gear everyday and hope I find one of them sumbitches during my beat. Semper Fi to Luis and all those other jarheads out there and to those standing a post at our borders with a rifle back at home. OOH-RAH!!!!!!
OOH-RAH!!!!! +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeArLeSsInSoCaL View Post
THOSE ARE BADASS!!!!
thanks brotha ! its the least I can do to show my support for the 9-11 victims
__________________
leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #2508
Chito
SoCal HT5
 
Chito's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro black 2ss/rs
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: So CAL.
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
New plates came in just in time !!!

"WE WILL NEVER FORGET" 9-11
those are
__________________
Chito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #2509
Chito
SoCal HT5
 
Chito's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro black 2ss/rs
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: So CAL.
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeArLeSsInSoCaL View Post
yesterday was a somber day. we had a moment of silence before my baseball game yesterday for a teammate who's sister died in one of the towers. it makes me think how I will never forget that morning waking up to the images... and even though I hold my personal opinion about that day I still strap on my extra 20 lbs of gear everyday and hope I find one of them sumbitches during my beat. Semper Fi to Luis and all those other jarheads out there and to those standing a post at our borders with a rifle back at home. OOH-RAH!!!!!!
+1 :flag2:
__________________
Chito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #2510
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Great plate Leo!
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #2511
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
I posted these in my build thread, but let's see what you guys think. I used Krylon Fusion spray paint, and Krylon Fusion Clear Coat. I did the work on a Sunday and finished the clear coats after dinner time. It was plenty dry by the next morning and I was able to out it on the car and drive 30 miles to work. I popped the hood when I got there and it handled the heat perfectly so far without worry. I popped the hood again after work, and after driving in stop and go traffic. The paint was still perfect. Looks like Fusion is a winner. A lot of people said to go with high temperature paint but this handles the heat perfectly fine. This paint is for plastic so no primer was needed. It also dries in 15 minutes or less. Two thumbs up. Hopefully this helps someone else who wants to do this mod themselves.





__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #2512
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,627
Looks good Tommy.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #2513
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Thanks! You should have seen how many times I had to let it dry and sand it. It was so windy that day that the bugs were just flying right into the wet paint, lol. I used tweezers to pick off the body of the bug and then the wings were still stuck to the paint. This happened to me 4 times.

I finally had a few times where no bugs landed on it. When I sprayed the paint outside and had a clean coat, I immediately moved it into the garage so bugs wouldn't fly into it.
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #2514
Agent orange
socal ht5
 
Agent orange's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro ss
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Valley village CA
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
New plates came in just in time !!!

"WE WILL NEVER FORGET" 9-11
Thats tight mr.ceo!
__________________
Agent orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #2515
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Thanks! You should have seen how many times I had to let it dry and sand it. It was so windy that day that the bugs were just flying right into the wet paint, lol. I used tweezers to pick off the body of the bug and then the wings were still stuck to the paint. This happened to me 4 times.

I finally had a few times where no bugs landed on it. When I sprayed the paint outside and had a clean coat, I immediately moved it into the garage so bugs wouldn't fly into it.

That's happened to me so many times. Now I paint in my shed so now only spiders get on the wet paint lmao.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #2516
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
That's happened to me so many times. Now I paint in my shed so now only spiders get on the wet paint lmao.
Lol, that's a great idea actually . I should buy a shed with some ventilation of some sort.
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #2517
*NeRD*2LTRS
HT5:Keeping it Exclusive
 
*NeRD*2LTRS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Mamba 2010 2LT RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 462
Shout out to Chito for coming down to the hood to show me the dash abl , HT5 more than just a car club, it's a brotherhood. Thanks again hermano. !
__________________
*NeRD*2LTRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:23 PM   #2518
Chito
SoCal HT5
 
Chito's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro black 2ss/rs
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: So CAL.
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by *NeRD*2LTRS View Post
Shout out to Chito for coming down to the hood to show me the dash abl , HT5 more than just a car club, it's a brotherhood. Thanks again hermano. !
You welcome bro. Glad I can help.
__________________
Chito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #2519
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS
 
ChvyBoss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 2,083
That's very true manny. HT5 is more then just a car club it's a BrotherHood
__________________
SoCal HT5 ENOUGH SAID
ChvyBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:50 AM   #2520
AKAviking14
SoCal HT5
 
AKAviking14's Avatar
 
Drives: Summit White 2012 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Anaheim Hills, California
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChvyBoss View Post
That's very true manny. HT5 is more then just a car club it's a BrotherHood
__________________

YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/akaviking14


Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/akaviking14


2012 Summit White 2SS/RS
AKAviking14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #2521
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]
 
leonardo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Turbo SS / Ducati 1198s
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChvyBoss View Post
That's very true manny. HT5 is more then just a car club it's a BrotherHood
+1
__________________
leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #2522
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,627
AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW group hug
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #2523
SlyJester7
SoCal HT5 *COTW 8/26/13*
 
SlyJester7's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,019
yea thanx guys for checkin out my journal and leaving some love
__________________
SlyJester7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #2524
Demon Hunter
 
Demon Hunter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
I posted these in my build thread, but let's see what you guys think. I used Krylon Fusion spray paint, and Krylon Fusion Clear Coat. I did the work on a Sunday and finished the clear coats after dinner time. It was plenty dry by the next morning and I was able to out it on the car and drive 30 miles to work. I popped the hood when I got there and it handled the heat perfectly so far without worry. I popped the hood again after work, and after driving in stop and go traffic. The paint was still perfect. Looks like Fusion is a winner. A lot of people said to go with high temperature paint but this handles the heat perfectly fine. This paint is for plastic so no primer was needed. It also dries in 15 minutes or less. Two thumbs up. Hopefully this helps someone else who wants to do this mod themselves.





Looks really good.
__________________
Demon Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #2525
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
Looks really good.
Thanks! I'm glad that I can finally pop the hood and see some color coordination going on .
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Release Thread of the Subthump 2010 Camaro Plug N Play RCA T-Harness Steve@Subthump Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav 201 06-07-2011 08:06 PM
Official Camaro SL,UT C5FESTII Thread SSOOCH USA - Southwest 70 04-17-2011 10:47 PM
PWA "The Lounge" DGthe3 Off-topic Discussions 143815 11-06-2010 11:00 AM
OFFICIAL Photo Thread from the SA Photoshoot 11-22-2009 CamaroSkooter USA - Texas 39 12-09-2009 10:45 PM
Official $5999 Ultimate Performance Single Turbo kit for sale thread. JTinFL Forced Induction 30 10-21-2009 06:43 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.