Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Redline Goods
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Canada Leafs

Old 03-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Tax Cuts for Us?

We all know that the US is getting a break apparently with their new car purchases, anyone know if we will have a chance of getting something similar. Having a tax break on the purchase of new cars can really stimulate the purchases of new cars, and it would really help me to add that sunroof to my order, if anyone knows, or cares to speculate, do you think we might get that same break?
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
undrcop2010

Drives: 1LT/RS SIM
i found a pretty good article on the issue you bring up

http://www.savingtoinvest.com/2009/0...-economic.html
Old 03-08-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
It would be nice. It would make me feel good about supporting our economy.
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Harper DID NOT put that in the budget.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Just finished watching the news about the tentative agreement reached this morning between the CAW and GM.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories

Finance Minister Jim Flaherty told Question Period the tentative agreement is "a good step forward."

"This is very important. This needs to be resolved, this month, during the month of March. It's a step in the right direction," he said.

... here's the interesting part that could pertain to your question...

"There's more to be done certainly in terms of reasonable assumptions about car sales, about the future of these companies, the Detroit Three, but this is a good step forward."

I'm expecting some kind of economic stimulus from the government to be announced once everything is in place finalizing the "bailout" loan... maybe a holiday on PST and GST?!?

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 03-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Tax breaks are nice, but they don't amount to too much. I've tossed around what I think is a better idea . . .

Imagine if our government(s) set aside $500M for consumers for buying from the big 3? Make it something like $5000 off the sticker price of a car for each month for the next 10 months? Heres the catch, its only on the last 10 000 units sold each month. Why? People are more likely to try and 'win' the free cash than take a guarenteed tax break. Plus if there is some sort of deadline will encourage people to get off the fence.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
cyberbro

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
We all know that the US is getting a break apparently with their new car purchases, anyone know if we will have a chance of getting something similar. Having a tax break on the purchase of new cars can really stimulate the purchases of new cars, and it would really help me to add that sunroof to my order, if anyone knows, or cares to speculate, do you think we might get that same break?
Only if you are going to be on Obama's Cabinet, then you don't even need to pay your taxes.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #8
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Im hoping we get something to help us out, it would be a great thing, and im sure tax breaks would help stimulate car sales!
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #9
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2010 Camaro & 2008 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Tax breaks are nice, but they don't amount to too much. I've tossed around what I think is a better idea . . .

Imagine if our government(s) set aside $500M for consumers for buying from the big 3? Make it something like $5000 off the sticker price of a car for each month for the next 10 months? Heres the catch, its only on the last 10 000 units sold each month. Why? People are more likely to try and 'win' the free cash than take a guarenteed tax break. Plus if there is some sort of deadline will encourage people to get off the fence.
I wish they would do this! The proposal currently in place is really not much of an incentive at all IMO, but being part of the working class, I'll take whatever the Aristocracy will throw at me.

Ordered 11-04-08, NFHCTC
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote