Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #51
Rcfiddy1

 
Rcfiddy1's Avatar
 
Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Manalapan, New Jersey
Posts: 1,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
I have seen two of the tubes out in public.
Are these being sent out now due the supply issues you had with the tubes?

If the new placement of the maf is the one closest to the filter you need to extend the maf harness another 3-4 inches. When it's stretched the wires want to pull out of it.

agree, same situation here. They show the maf plug zip tied to coil bracet but then it wont reach the maf bung.
__________________
Build Thread
ECS Paxton Novi 1500 Blower Black, Alky Control Meth Injection, LS3 conversion, ECS Blower cam, Trunion upgrade, Vigilante 2800 stall, BMR suspension parts, 3.45 rear, Stainless Works LT headers, BnB fusion ZL1 exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #52
Matt@KB
 
Matt@KB's Avatar
 
Drives: 67 Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posts: 83
Ken our tuner and R&D engineer said when they changed to current tube the zip tie that holds the MAF harness to the coil bracket just needs to be cut to allow it to reach the new spot.
Matt@KB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #53
Sam88gta1
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2006 CC Duramax
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rowlett
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@KB View Post
Ken our tuner and R&D engineer said when they changed to current tube the zip tie that holds the MAF harness to the coil bracket just needs to be cut to allow it to reach the new spot.
Having 20" of wire dangle like a clothes line under the hood is asking for trouble.
Any chance you guys send out a new extension harness that can be secured to where it does not stretch out?
Sam88gta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #54
sting808

 
Drives: 4 wheels
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@KB View Post
Ken our tuner and R&D engineer said when they changed to current tube the zip tie that holds the MAF harness to the coil bracket just needs to be cut to allow it to reach the new spot.
The current tube incorporates two MAF bungs? If so, then the MAF is now relocated lower on the intake tube, nearer to the air filter for standard installs? What is the purpose? To improve tunning/performance/drivability? When is the second bung used?
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #55
red 2011 ss
 
Drives: red 2011 ss
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 69
So Ted are you making the tubes?
I would like to purchace one.
Price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
If it is the Customer your concerned about, Why not Give them the Best Kit Money can buy.

The Fact Remains, a larger tube reduces Resolution.

WHY, reduce resolution when the Stock Maf has enough range for 1K HP.

WHY Screw up the Trans Torque Calculations?

We spend most of our time driving our cars in the 2000 to 8000 Hz range on a Stock MAF This is where Resolution is Important and this is what makes a nice car a Great Car from a driveability standpoint.

Your tube only goes from 1500 to 6000 Hz range in the same driveability areas, Reduced resolution reduces Driveability.

The ONLY Reason I see for the Larger tube on This Car is a Guy thing, Mines bigger than yours.

If you won't make the Tubes I will.

Ted.
red 2011 ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:08 AM   #56
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 8,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by red 2011 ss View Post
So Ted are you making the tubes?
I would like to purchace one.
Price?
All I can tell you is, I will have a KB car here all next week to Play with.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #57
MJ
 
MJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 406
Hey Ted - While you have the car, maybe you can come up with a way to improve the IATs.
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #58
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 8,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ View Post
Hey Ted - While you have the car, maybe you can come up with a way to improve the IATs.
You Reading my mind again?
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #59
MJ
 
MJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 406
Guess I better fill up the tank before I drop it off, haha...
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:09 AM   #60
M6HuggerSS
 
M6HuggerSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Crane Truck
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Diego CA
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
All I can tell you is, I will have a KB car here all next week to Play with.

thats great news TED,
this should be interesting...
__________________
1998 Z28 M6 SOLD :(
315rwhp (3500lbs)

1999 HUGGER SS SOLD :(
400rwhp (3375lbs)

2002 YELLOW Z06 SOLD :(
360rwhp (3040lbs)

2013 CAMARO ZL1 COMMING SOON
M6HuggerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #61
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 8,958
Continue this discussion here.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160038
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #62
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ View Post
Guess I better fill up the tank before I drop it off, haha...
I'm putting my Bogarts on your car and taking it to the track tomorrow. You can pick it up on Monday!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #63
Matt@KB
 
Matt@KB's Avatar
 
Drives: 67 Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posts: 83
If you guys need the extended MAF harness we are having some made we should have them within a week. PM me your name and address I will get them out to you no charge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post

agree, same situation here. They show the maf plug zip tied to coil bracet but then it wont reach the maf bung.
Matt@KB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #64
MJ
 
MJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I'm putting my Bogarts on your car and taking it to the track tomorrow. You can pick it up on Monday!!
The rumor around Waterbury is that guy in the roll-caged orange SS automatic (that would be YOU) can't drive a stick. But once Ted is done with car, maybe even YOU would be able to drive it without stalling, haaaaaa.

We'll continue the discussion here...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160038
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #65
Matt@KB
 
Matt@KB's Avatar
 
Drives: 67 Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posts: 83
CUSTOM TUNING
It’s time for some clarification on Kenne Bell policies and position on custom tuning.

First, we do not recommend our standard kits be re-tuned- unless installing headers, larger injectors, cams and/or cat removal. We think we know our kits best. We’ve tuned tens of thousands of GM, Ford, Chrysler and Mazda vehicles over a 20-year period. See http://kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Commo...er_ReTuned.pdf
98% of our customers surveyed use the KB calibration included with the kit and choose not to tweak our tune.

Very few (three on this site) claim to have issues. If you do, call or PM us and we’ll do our best to fix it. That doesn’t mean we never have problems. We do, but they are always handled in a professional manner. Kenne Bell has offered to upgrade the 4.5" tube which incorporates a huge new Honeycomb air stream straightener for those who have an issue.

Again, PM or call Matt and we’ll take care of your problem. It’s not the problems that matter. Everyone has them, it’s what you do about them that counts.

4.5" 4" INLET PIPES
Any restriction (4" vs 4.5") on ANY positive displacement supercharger kit will REDUCE HP. KB kits are designed for max HP. 4" is not sufficient by our standards. I do not agree 4" is the “correct size.” We use a 4.5" and tune for it successfully on all our kits, i.e., Mustang 2v, 3v, the new 5.0, Cobra, Hemi 5.7, 6.1, 6.4 and Camaro with our 2.8, 3.6 and 4.2.

Yes, of course, larger pipes, throttle bodies and meters require special tuning. So do superchargers. That’s what we do as a manufacturer of supercharger kits. Jannetty Racing has also stated they CAN tune with the 4.5" as can others. It’s not magic. S.T. Motorsports is another big tuner who has no problem with the 4.5". Our survey did not find a single customer who would like to pay extra money for a cool air kit upgrade and a “new tune.” So Kenne Bell includes the Mammoth Cold Air Kit and tune at NO EXTRA cost. Just bolt it on and go. No custom tuning required.

We too deal only in FACTS and the 4" tube will NOT make the same HP as a 4.5". THAT is FACT from our Dyno and flow bench. Why would we us a 4.5" if a 4" was large enough? I drive my 2010 Camaro (the one on our website) daily with zero issues and the 4.5" pipe.

Anyone in the vicinity of our shop or visiting is welcome to come by and test drive this 100% stock Camaro with a standard KB 9 PSI kit and tune. It drives flawlessly.

However, if you choose to redesign our 4.5" to a 4" or stock 3 ½", it’s your choice. Warranty is not void, but we, don’t warranty or support the custom tune as it’s not Kenne Bell.. Also, remember the tube size is not the only technical consideration in air flow. For starters, a 4.5" pipe has 60% less pressure drop than a 4”. Then there’s the meter size and flow, the air filter, TB adapters etc. Also, higher inlet temps expand the air, thereby reducing air flow. These are all considerations along with screens or honeycombs, MAF sensor position and filter size, location and shape.

Example: We have over 25 MAF meter sensor locations on one of our test 4.5" pipes. This technology is not new or unique to us in any way.

VELOCITY & TURBULENCE
High velocity is NOT good. Everyone knows that. It means higher air flow and increased pressure/boost/HP losses. So higher velocities should be minimized in any inlet design. Bigger is what makes more HP, not velocity.

Turbulence issues are best solved with a screen as seen on all OEM systems or better yet a Honeycomb stream straightener insert.

At KB, we use Pitot tubes on a 1200HP flow bench to measure air flow velocity from 2-1800 CFM and boost drop from 0-10 PSI. We now use a huge hi-flow 4.5" Honeycomb air stream straightener of our own design. It has “0" HP loss at 560RWHP. Screens are okay for stock engines but eat 10-40HP on SC applications. All our kits now incorporate this Honeycomb.

If you have an issue and a kit without the Honeycomb, we will send you one no charge. Just give us a call with your supercharger serial number. It doesn’t matter if the kit is in warranty or not. You will be taken care of. We are in the Camaro supercharger business for the long haul and want all our customers to be satisfied with the kits.

Call, PM, email or Fax Matt at Kenne Bell.

RESOLUTION
This is easily adjusted without the expense of a new restrictive 4" pipe and custom tune. We are well aware of the difference in resolution. The 4.5" and Kenne Bell tune work great on my Camaro. Don’t bet your house on a 4" and custom tune working better.

Again, give us a call and we’ll send you the Honeycomb 4.5" pipe and the tune.

CAK/TUNE UPGRADES
We have sold thousands of 9PSI kits. They all use external cool air from a 1200HP rated Mammoth inlet system and produce great power without upgrading the inlet system or testing with the hood up.

Not one of the 250 Camaro owners surveyed thought coughing up $350-500 for a custom tune and another $300-$500 for a CAK upgrade was acceptable. All respondents preferred to avoid this added expense of replacing a stock filter box. So Kenne Bell offers our higher HP 4.5" Mammoth “real” cool air kit at NO EXTRA COST including the tune for all Camaro, Hemi and 5.0 Mustang kits. The same “outside the hot engine bay” concept we’ve offered since 1990.

And not one new customer has reported that there is a better Cold Air Kit than the KB. We conclude that an expensive Cold Air Kit upgrade and tune only benefits the tuner and not KB customers, at least on KB kits. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

MATT KENNE BELL TECH
Yes, Jim knows Matt is on the site. We meet every day. First question is “Any customer issues?” I think he does a great job in customer relations.

I personally, will have to assure responsibility for not getting back with the re-test data in a timely manner and hanging Matt out to dry. Sorry, Matt. Our dyno has been tied up on two CARB (50 state legal) projects for over a month now. We re-tested to be absolutely sure something had not changed.

TEMPS
I’ll just say this for now. Our data DOES NOT agree with Ted’s test that indicates the KB kit charge temp rise is 56* while the Whipple is only 9*. NO WAY. We have tested both kits on the same car, same tune, same dyno. During the R&D phase, there is even interchanging of parts between our kits and the competitions to determine the merit of each individual component. We too have FACTS. Our tests clearly show 18-20*, not the 56* claimed. And there’s a big question on the 9*for the Whipple.

KENNE BELL CUSTOMER SERVICE
There are hundreds of satisfied Camaro customers that never had their cars re-tuned or had to purchase a more restrictive and expensive 4" pipe and tune.

Everyone has an agenda and an opinion. We are data only oriented. We don’t do custom tuning for customers. That’s a job for the tuners. But we sure the hell know what makes our kits work and we possess the data to back our claims. Again, PM or call us if you have any issue with the kit and we’ll take care of it.

Our goal, as always, is to offer factory direct-no middle man tech support. That is Matt’s, Brian’s, Ken’s and my job. I hope this answers some of your questions about Kenne Bell. More to come.

Jim Bell

P.S. S.T. Motorsports has also run some comparison tests that should prove interesting. They are well experienced in GM, Ford and Mopar tuning as well as supercharging. 9's @ 143 with only a 3.6 kit. Legal weight car. No headers, NOS, cams or cat removal. And it is daily street driven-all 4.5" pipe.

Typically, Adam installs our kit and tune as shipped but re-tunes for headers, larger injectors and throttle bodies.
Matt@KB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #66
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 8,958
Quote:
=Matt@KB;3506240]
CUSTOM TUNING


4.5" 4" INLET PIPES
Any restriction (4" vs 4.5") on ANY positive displacement supercharger kit will REDUCE HP. KB kits are designed for max HP. 4" is not sufficient by our standards. I do not agree 4" is the “correct size.” We use a 4.5" and tune for it successfully on all our kits, i.e., Mustang 2v, 3v, the new 5.0, Cobra, Hemi 5.7, 6.1, 6.4 and Camaro with our 2.8, 3.6 and 4.2.

Yes, of course, larger pipes, throttle bodies and meters require special tuning. So do superchargers. That’s what we do as a manufacturer of supercharger kits. Jannetty Racing has also stated they CAN tune with the 4.5" as can others. It’s not magic. S.T. Motorsports is another big tuner who has no problem with the 4.5". Our survey did not find a single customer who would like to pay extra money for a cool air kit upgrade and a “new tune.” So Kenne Bell includes the Mammoth Cold Air Kit and tune at NO EXTRA cost. Just bolt it on and go. No custom tuning required.

We too deal only in FACTS and the 4" tube will NOT make the same HP as a 4.5". THAT is FACT from our Dyno and flow bench. Why would we us a 4.5" if a 4" was large enough? I drive my 2010 Camaro (the one on our website) daily with zero issues and the 4.5" pipe.
Agreed but at What Power Level?

We are talking about a 9 PSI Kit here correct?

This one Below is at 775 Crank HP or 675 RWHP back to back testing has shown At this power level NOT to be the Case.


Quote:
Anyone in the vicinity of our shop or visiting is welcome to come by and test drive this 100% stock Camaro with a standard KB 9 PSI kit and tune. It drives flawlessly.
6 Speed or Auto?

Quote:
However, if you choose to redesign our 4.5" to a 4" or stock 3 ½", it’s your choice. Warranty is not void, but we, don’t warranty or support the custom tune as it’s not Kenne Bell.. Also, remember the tube size is not the only technical consideration in air flow. For starters, a 4.5" pipe has 60% less pressure drop than a 4”. Then there’s the meter size and flow, the air filter, TB adapters etc. Also, higher inlet temps expand the air, thereby reducing air flow. These are all considerations along with screens or honeycombs, MAF sensor position and filter size, location and shape.

Example: We have over 25 MAF meter sensor locations on one of our test 4.5" pipes. This technology is not new or unique to us in any way.
Would you Not Agree that installing a Honey Comb reduces cross section of the pipe?

We know the Answer is Yes, so why not just build a 4 inch pipe that does not require a Honey Comb to straighten The Air ?

The Larger the Pipe the Bigger the Turbulence Problem.

Why so many locations, because it is so hard to find a clean signal at the low flow rates for this size Pipe, Folks have to drive these cars not just RACE them.

Quote:
VELOCITY & TURBULENCE
High velocity is NOT good. Everyone knows that. It means higher air flow and increased pressure/boost/HP losses. So higher velocities should be minimized in any inlet design. Bigger is what makes more HP, not velocity.

Turbulence issues are best solved with a screen as seen on all OEM systems or better yet a Honeycomb stream straightener insert.
Again Screen Reduces Cross section, increases Velocity, to straighten the air.

So Is this a contradiction?

Quote:
At KB, we use Pitot tubes on a 1200HP flow bench to measure air flow velocity from 2-1800 CFM and boost drop from 0-10 PSI. We now use a huge hi-flow 4.5" Honeycomb air stream straightener of our own design. It has “0" HP loss at 560RWHP. Screens are okay for stock engines but eat 10-40HP on SC applications. All our kits now incorporate this Honeycomb.

If you have an issue and a kit without the Honeycomb, we will send you one no charge. Just give us a call with your supercharger serial number. It doesn’t matter if the kit is in warranty or not. You will be taken care of. We are in the Camaro supercharger business for the long haul and want all our customers to be satisfied with the kits.

Call, PM, email or Fax Matt at Kenne Bell.
So if there is absolutely no problem with a 4.5 in tube on this application, Why go through the trouble and expense to design and then now add this to your existing Tube, as you stated there is no problem with the current design?


Quote:
RESOLUTION
This is easily adjusted without the expense of a new restrictive 4" pipe and custom tune. We are well aware of the difference in resolution. The 4.5" and Kenne Bell tune work great on my Camaro. Don’t bet your house on a 4" and custom tune working better.

Again, give us a call and we’ll send you the Honeycomb 4.5" pipe and the tune.
When does a 4 inch pipe become Restrictive?

We pulled 971 RWHP thorough a 4 inch pipe then removed it and no Performance advantage.

See below Dyno graph,

With the 4 in pipe, Both LS3 and L99 Cars drive Much Better and the Trans computer is Much Happier on the Auto Car.

Quote:
CENTER]CAK/TUNE UPGRADES
[/CENTER]
We have sold thousands of 9PSI kits. They all use external cool air from a 1200HP rated Mammoth inlet system and produce great power without upgrading the inlet system or testing with the hood up.

Not one of the 250 Camaro owners surveyed thought coughing up $350-500 for a custom tune and another $300-$500 for a CAK upgrade was acceptable. All respondents preferred to avoid this added expense of replacing a stock filter box. So Kenne Bell offers our higher HP 4.5" Mammoth “real” cool air kit at NO EXTRA COST including the tune for all Camaro, Hemi and 5.0 Mustang kits. The same “outside the hot engine bay” concept we’ve offered since 1990.

And not one new customer has reported that there is a better Cold Air Kit than the KB. We conclude that an expensive Cold Air Kit upgrade and tune only benefits the tuner and not KB customers, at least on KB kits. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
It is Nice that you offer a Cold Air Kit included, Kudos

Quote:
MATT KENNE BELL TECH
Yes, Jim knows Matt is on the site. We meet every day. First question is “Any customer issues?” I think he does a great job in customer relations.

I personally, will have to assure responsibility for not getting back with the re-test data in a timely manner and hanging Matt out to dry. Sorry, Matt. Our dyno has been tied up on two CARB (50 state legal) projects for over a month now. We re-tested to be absolutely sure something had not changed.
Congrats, did you get it?

Quote:
TEMPS
I’ll just say this for now. Our data DOES NOT agree with Ted’s test that indicates the KB kit charge temp rise is 56* while the Whipple is only 9*. NO WAY. We have tested both kits on the same car, same tune, same dyno. During the R&D phase, there is even interchanging of parts between our kits and the competitions to determine the merit of each individual component. We too have FACTS. Our tests clearly show 18-20*, not the 56* claimed. And there’s a big question on the 9*for the Whipple.

KENNE BELL CUSTOMER SERVICE
There are hundreds of satisfied Camaro customers that never had their cars re-tuned or had to purchase a more restrictive and expensive 4" pipe and tune.
Whether you agree with me or not is Irrelevant, LOGS DON'T LIE.

I have some new ones from yesterday if you want to see those as well.


Quote:
Everyone has an agenda and an opinion. We are data only oriented. We don’t do custom tuning for customers. That’s a job for the tuners. But we sure the hell know what makes our kits work and we possess the data to back our claims. Again, PM or call us if you have any issue with the kit and we’ll take care of it.

Our goal, as always, is to offer factory direct-no middle man tech support. That is Matt’s, Brian’s, Ken’s and my job. I hope this answers some of your questions about Kenne Bell. More to come.

Jim Bell
My only Agenda was to Help you. If you don't want the Help that is fine, We will go our separate ways.

I will continue to work with Manufacturers that are interested in our Factual Findings.

Obviously you don't know who I am or what I am capable of.
I have a 25 Year Professional history in business Making aftermarket parts fit better work better and go faster, it is what I do.

I wish you Well.

Ted.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #67
mcdoogle6969

 
mcdoogle6969's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,879
I am having the same issues, I have the auto trans and it's not going to run the way it should. Matt, my car is at the shop right now and my guy cannot tune it with that 4.5in intake tube.

My tuner is seeing the same issues that everybody else is. He cannot tune it to make it run perfectly. Do you guys have a tune so the car does not run like dog shit? I am very unhappy with this product at the moment. (Don't blame the tuner either, my tuner is very experienced and does amazing work. It's apparent that the tube can/is causing problems for the automatic cars.)

Can you please provide the data of your claims that the 4.5in intake works on the automatics.

Ted, what would you do at this point? I am looking for a fix asap, it's driving me nuts. Where could I get a 4in tube?

Thank you.
__________________
mcdoogle6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #68
mcdoogle6969

 
mcdoogle6969's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@KB View Post


We too deal only in FACTS and the 4" tube will NOT make the same HP as a 4.5". THAT is FACT from our Dyno and flow bench. Why would we us a 4.5" if a 4" was large enough? I drive my 2010 Camaro (the one on our website) daily with zero issues and the 4.5" pipe.

Anyone in the vicinity of our shop or visiting is welcome to come by and test drive this 100% stock Camaro with a standard KB 9 PSI kit and tune. It drives flawlessly.
Whats the last Eight digits of the vin? Also, is it a manual or automatic?
__________________
mcdoogle6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #69
Matt@KB
 
Matt@KB's Avatar
 
Drives: 67 Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posts: 83
PM me your name (used on the order), phone number, name of the shop tuning your vehicle and I will get you guys some help to get the car right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
I am having the same issues, I have the auto trans and it's not going to run the way it should. Matt, my car is at the shop right now and my guy cannot tune it with that 4.5in intake tube.

My tuner is seeing the same issues that everybody else is. He cannot tune it to make it run perfectly. Do you guys have a tune so the car does not run like dog shit? I am very unhappy with this product at the moment. (Don't blame the tuner either, my tuner is very experienced and does amazing work. It's apparent that the tube can/is causing problems for the automatic cars.)

Can you please provide the data of your claims that the 4.5in intake works on the automatics.

Ted, what would you do at this point? I am looking for a fix asap, it's driving me nuts. Where could I get a 4in tube?

Thank you.
Matt@KB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #70
mcdoogle6969

 
mcdoogle6969's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,879
PM sent.
__________________
mcdoogle6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #71
Meister@Torq

 
Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,013
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Firstly, let me state that I am basing my responses on the following:

1. We have tuned MANY of these setup's - REAL WORLD DATA COUNT'S. STEP AWAY FROM THE FLOW BENCH
2. I am a smart person and use OEM calibration logic when tuning so I can come guns blazin to this topic :-)
3. Did I mention real world experience and tuning these setups :-)

Without question, the larger diameter pipe is going to reduce the resolution of the mass air meter and cause non-laminar air-flow (bad bad bad). The smaller the pipe the more laminar the airflow.

In all of the vehicles we have tuned we have had these similar and very small issues relating to the trailer hitching people are complaining about. If the car is tuned MAF only, which most seem to be doing on these blower cars (GM tunes from the factory use a blended MAF and VVE until 4000rpm) this problem becomes worse. If you tune the car using a blended VVE/MAF the problems become a lot less problematic. There is no need for such a large diameter pipe in this setup regardless of what all the flow bench data provides. If you want a quick easy fix, buy a HKS or similar "mushroom" filter, which will be half the size, outflow the large K&N filters and not drag on the ground and potentially sucking up water and small children like the KB setup :-)

KB admits to adding a Honeycomb "air stream straightener" to their kits because they were aware of this problem....end of discussion. Also, it does not make a lot of sense to run a 4.5" inlet pipe when going into a 3.5" throttle body in this specific application. 3.5"-4" is more than adequate for these setups.

We use all brands of superchargers including KB, which seem to make crazy power with smaller than 4.5" inlet's and have no issues....
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #72
honeybucket99
 
Drives: 2SS/RS CGM CAMARO BEAST
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: carrollton, ga
Posts: 426
love my KB

Matt and Jim,

I have to tell you guys that I absolutely love my Kenne Bell. Now, mine is a manual so I can't speak to the issues others are discussing, but I have been following these threads and wanted the world to know how much I love my Kenne Bell. The only issue I have had (if you have a fix for it I would love you forever) is that my wallet keeps getting slimmer as I need additional speed. Anyway, you guys have a great product and a great dealer in Atlanta Performance and Fabrication
__________________
2010 CGM 2SS/RS; 418 stroker; JE Forged Pistons (offset wrist pin); Forged Crank; upgraded valvetrain; Custom Comp Cams Cam; Kenne Bell 2.8; ID 1000s; Aeromotive Fuel pump with return; ARH Long Tubes; Spec heavy duty clutch; 3" Magnaflow Cat Back; Nick Williams 102 mm Throttle Body; Tune fixed by Dave Steck; 815 HP and 14 mpg


Upcoming--
Disintegrated drivetrain;
Divorce if/when my wife catches on to
my addiction
honeybucket99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #73
honeybucket99
 
Drives: 2SS/RS CGM CAMARO BEAST
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: carrollton, ga
Posts: 426
McDoogle

There was another member on with the same problem you seem to have. He got John at APF to send him a tune, and I think it solved his issues. Get in touch with John he'll hook you up!
__________________
2010 CGM 2SS/RS; 418 stroker; JE Forged Pistons (offset wrist pin); Forged Crank; upgraded valvetrain; Custom Comp Cams Cam; Kenne Bell 2.8; ID 1000s; Aeromotive Fuel pump with return; ARH Long Tubes; Spec heavy duty clutch; 3" Magnaflow Cat Back; Nick Williams 102 mm Throttle Body; Tune fixed by Dave Steck; 815 HP and 14 mpg


Upcoming--
Disintegrated drivetrain;
Divorce if/when my wife catches on to
my addiction
honeybucket99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #74
mcdoogle6969

 
mcdoogle6969's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybucket99 View Post
McDoogle

There was another member on with the same problem you seem to have. He got John at APF to send him a tune, and I think it solved his issues. Get in touch with John he'll hook you up!
I am not willing to pay out any more cash (for another tune, or anything else that would cost hundreds) to get something that should be already working properly, to work properly. I already spent 8 grand (that's not peanuts) on the kit plus cash to install and tune. There is a obvious problem, and it's clearly not in the tune itself. I am very confident in my tuner that he can get the job done, but I think that KB needs to step up to the plate because Ted, and others, prove that the 4.5in tube causes problems...and the problems so happen to be what I'm experiencing. The issue is, how to fix it? If we change out to a 4in tube I'm afraid of loosing the warranty with the kit and having to pay even more cash to get the car strapped down on the dyno again...Not only that but I wouldn't know where to get one, or if we would have to fab or own.

As I said though, Matt has sent me a message and wants to help us out. I am just hoping for a fix, soon. I thank him for taking the time to help us...Waiting to see if he contacted my tuner or not atm though.
__________________

Last edited by mcdoogle6969; 07-22-2011 at 05:39 PM.
mcdoogle6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #75
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!
 
HufferSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SC
Posts: 3,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@KB View Post
But you admit saying it then to one customer? And you back it up in this thread. So i would say that makes it pretty reliable. Maybe not 100% correct on what came out of your mouth but you do admit to telling a customer the only way to fix it is to change the tube to the 4". All we are saying is that it does NOT need to be changed to fix the issue which has been proven by the shops that can tune it.

This is just some unsolicited advice...but you really should consider not posting on here anymore or get someone else from KB to do it. You are doing your company no favors.
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot air Intakes -By Kenne bell ADM PERFORMANCE Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 66 02-08-2011 08:33 PM
10.54@134 Kenne Bell SC'd Adam@ST USA - California 15 08-01-2010 03:14 PM
L99 Kenne Bell 2.8L Installed + Pics SonnyakaPig Forced Induction - V8 38 05-17-2010 03:20 PM
Kenne Bell Supercharger Release Special (FREE INSTALL) Total_Perf_Eng Forced Induction 33 04-16-2010 11:00 AM
List of Intakes that will work with the TVS-2300 MagnaCharger JJ2010 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 26 03-19-2010 02:11 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.