Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
VeNoM
 
Drives: I dare not say
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 11
Difference in LS and 1LT and 2LT ?

I've been looking at GM's websites and the sites that people have posted to build your Camaro with whatever options you want, but have gotten confused.

I see there is a few thousand difference between the 1LT and the 2LT, yet there doesn't seem to be very much difference in the options. Why is the 2LT better?

Plus, I read on the accessories list that the LS will not have the option to have a steering wheel control for the iPOD or mp3 player, but having just checked on the Newman builder site and there is still an option for the LS to have the steering wheel control...

I mainly want to know what the big difference is between the LT and 2LT...

Thanks for your time
VeNoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,658
2LT comes with leather and a number of the things that are only optional on the 1LT. It also comes with the four-pack gauges.

The 1LS doesn't have any of those options.
- Xanthos
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNoM View Post
I've been looking at GM's websites and the sites that people have posted to build your Camaro with whatever options you want, but have gotten confused.

I see there is a few thousand difference between the 1LT and the 2LT, yet there doesn't seem to be very much difference in the options. Why is the 2LT better?

Plus, I read on the accessories list that the LS will not have the option to have a steering wheel control for the iPOD or mp3 player, but having just checked on the Newman builder site and there is still an option for the LS to have the steering wheel control...

I mainly want to know what the big difference is between the LT and 2LT...

Thanks for your time
If you want everything that is on the 2LT on a 1LT it would cost more to order the individual options, but if the 2LT has things on it you don't want or will never need and some you do, you need to buy the 1 LT then load it up with the options you want..
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar
 
Chevyrocker's Avatar
 
Drives: Depends on the day...
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: West Palm Beach
Posts: 1,445
pretty much what they said...2LT is loaded. Boston Acoustics sound system, leather, ABL, PDIM, 4-pack gauges, wheels, etc. If you're gonna buy a V6, and this stuff is important to you, don't even bother optioning out a 1LT, get the 2. Plus, leather and ABL aren't even available on the 1LT.
__________________
Shortcuts can slow you down...
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
VeNoM
 
Drives: I dare not say
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 11
Ahh the leather. I see now.

Okay then thanks

2LT is very tempting then...

2LT and the RS package + short throw shifter = win.
VeNoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #6
GM'r_For_Life
9A108207
 
GM'r_For_Life's Avatar
 
Drives: 95 S10
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 200
Here are some PDF files of each model with no options on each.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf LS no Options.pdf (316.9 KB, 1396 views)
File Type: pdf 1LT No Options.pdf (315.6 KB, 1476 views)
File Type: pdf 2LT no Options.pdf (315.7 KB, 1419 views)
File Type: pdf 1SS no Options.pdf (316.6 KB, 336 views)
File Type: pdf 2SS no Optioins.pdf (316.0 KB, 348 views)
GM'r_For_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #7
bluch
OH CANADA!
 
bluch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB, CAN
Posts: 3,931
check this out for options on all models
Attached Images
File Type: pdf camaro 2010 (1).pdf (1.98 MB, 1339 views)
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #8
VeNoM
 
Drives: I dare not say
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 11
Oh wow thanks for posting that stuff.

So if I'm reading that right... I can get an LS1 RS with the sound/audio equipment package (or wahtever package that was) and I'll be able to get the USB hook up and steering wheel mp3 control right?
VeNoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #9
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNoM View Post
Oh wow thanks for posting that stuff.

So if I'm reading that right... I can get an LS1 RS with the sound/audio equipment package (or wahtever package that was) and I'll be able to get the USB hook up and steering wheel mp3 control right?
You can order a 1LT with RS and the C&C package. These options are NOT available on the LS. In fact the only options available on the LS is if you want floor mats and if you want a spare tire, that's it.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:41 AM   #10
w31-w41-ho
 
Drives: 83 Hurst Olds 70 Cutlass W-31
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St. Paul MN
Posts: 7
A few posts above "GM'r for life" has the sweet pdf's of each Camaro option. I do not follow all of the yellow boxes. Some yellow boxes are empty, some yellow says "not selected".

Please explain the yellow boxes. I was looking at pdfs for the 1LT and 2LT

Thanks
w31-w41-ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:37 AM   #11
joepitt
 
joepitt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 LT2 Camaro, 2008 Enclave
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNoM View Post
Ahh the leather. I see now.

Okay then thanks

2LT is very tempting then...

2LT and the RS package + short throw shifter = win.
The shifter is on contraint.
__________________
It's HERE! 2013 2LT/RS, Auto, Red Crystal, Tan Interior, polished aluminum wheels, Nav.
Past highlights: 2010 pre-order Camaro 2LT,1969 Chevy Malibu, 1972 Plymouth 'Cuda, 1972 Pontiac GTO, 1979 Turbo Buick Century.
'See the USA in your Chevrolet...'
Dinah Shore, 1952: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGZvQoPxhNs
joepitt is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.