Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
TGG1SS

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro 1SS M6 LS3
Black Camaro 1SS Needs Waxing Question

Hello All,

I have a black 1SS 2010 Camaro that I plan on waxing this weekend, I have two types of paste wax (Mothers California Gold Carnuba Cleaner Wax) and (Meguiars #26 High Tech Yellow) There are a few water spots that have built up due to lack of waxing the black beauty (SHAME ON ME).

Would the Mothers Cleaner Wax be too harsh on black paint? and should I just use the High Tech Yellow? or use both, first the Cleaner Wax and then the High Tech Yellow.

Thanks In Advance.
TGG1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Best results would be to clay the car. Then polish it up then wax it. Wax won't help those water spots. Wax just seals everything in.

daveagogo1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #3
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
Welcome to

The cleaner wax "may" remove the water spots. A polish and or clay might be needed. Whatever you do put #26 on last as a topper. Try a synthetic/poly and top with #26 as it may only last a couple weeks.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #4
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Wash, clay, polish, wax. If you have porta cable - haze / swirl Orange color from Adams does a great job prior to polish.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
TGG1SS

Looks like a new Camaro after the Cleaner Wax and the #26 water spots gone along with most of the build up, the next detail will be with the fine grade Pinnacle clay, polishing and the #26.

Thanks for all you feedback everyone.

Ain't she a beauty?

Old 06-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #6
Dosin

Drives: 2010 2SS RS black ground effects
I just finished my black camaro last weekend. First wash the car and hopefully it will remove most of the water spots. Dry with a clean microfiber towel. I used a clay bar next but I didn't think it did too much on a newer car. I used McGuires polish on mine. Make sure to follow directions by not letting the polish dry completely and wiping it off quickly. Then I used mothers pure carnuba wax. Not the cleaner wax.
Attached Images

Dosin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #7
Dosin

Drives: 2010 2SS RS black ground effects
Forgot to add that I used the mother pure carnuba wax on my wheels also. I like it a lot better than any wheel wax. FYI
Dosin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
TGG1SS, since your quest is complete as of yesterday.....there is yet one last thing for me to add......Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in them...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 06-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #9
TGG1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosin View Post
I just finished my black camaro last weekend. First wash the car and hopefully it will remove most of the water spots. Dry with a clean microfiber towel. I used a clay bar next but I didn't think it did too much on a newer car. I used McGuires polish on mine. Make sure to follow directions by not letting the polish dry completely and wiping it off quickly. Then I used mothers pure carnuba wax. Not the cleaner wax.

Man!!! that is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #10
TGG1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
TGG1SS, since your quest is complete as of yesterday.....there is yet one last thing for me to add......Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in them...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Thank You Sir Nuke!!!! glad to be here and talk shop all about the Camaro!!! the most sought after GM vehicle there is!!!