Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Gaming Lounge For all the gamers out there - consoles, PC, etc.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Free PS Store games.

They are all available as of yesterday. It's a pain because they are getting slammed so tons of error messages. Just keep trying.

Make sure to complete the download of each title all the way otherwise you’ll have to go into account management>transaction management>services list>SCEA Promotions to download the games.

The PSP games seem to be more of a pain to get to download. I suppose you could do it from your PS3 and transfer them. Be prepared to clear some space if your drive is crowded. Infamous is a 7GB+ download and the others aren't to small either.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
baumy2eagle
Baumy2eagle

Drives: 2010 Camaro & 96 GMC Jimmy
Send a message via Yahoo to baumy2eagle
my friend told me how you can get all the games. if you have 2 login names for your ps3 you can get two on the one you usually use, then login with your other name and download the other two....My friend said it worked for him I 'm gonna try it later!!!!!

Deadnation is one fun kick ass game by the way
4200- 9/09/09
Brian Dean Baumgartner
voice over artist for movie trailers
imaging and liners for music
KIXS 108 Morning Show
http://www.myspace.com/baumy2eagleproductions

http://www.kixs.com
baumy2eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Dead Nation and inFAMOUS here
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Took a few tries but I managed to get inFamous and Little Big Planet. I just basically left my PS3 on overnight to download inFamous, their network is so slow it took FOREVER to download 7gb!
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
MAGfuz

Drives: 1SS LS3 IOM
Dead Nation and Wipeout HD + Fury for me. Haven't played either one yet, also downloaded Sonic 2 for free (get one month of plus for free, take advantage!)
MAGfuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
You won't be disappointed with Wipeout, I would have downloaded that if I hadn't already bought it a long time ago!
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:30 PM   #7
Slick1
New Guy

Drives: Black 2011 1SS.
I have like 4 accounts so I got all the games. I can't install InFamous though because my 60g PS3 is full. I went through last week deleting everything I could to free up some space but it looks like I need to do a stricter sweep. Might put some stuff on an external hard drive and wipe it from the system's. Never thought I'd fill it up but here I am.
Slick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #8
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Infamous and Dead Nation are great. Very pleased.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:18 PM   #9
Slick1
New Guy

Drives: Black 2011 1SS.
Deleted dead nation and wipeout. The space one is next probably. Waiting to start infamous till after I finish Fallout and then LA Noire
Slick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:42 PM   #10
rydahog

Drives: 2012 SS 45th..Auto
new to gaming

hello all. i am new to game stuff so bear with me..
i am looking to get PS3 360gb ..for games and netflix stuff..is this good?
also what and where is best price to get this..?
what other options should i look into getting now or later date to make this system work good..? thanks ryd.
rydahog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:50 PM   #11
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
hello all. i am new to game stuff so bear with me..
i am looking to get PS3 360gb ..for games and netflix stuff..is this good?
also what and where is best price to get this..?
what other options should i look into getting now or later date to make this system work good..? thanks ryd.
You just opened up a SH*t Storm But ignore the fanboys. IMVHO it depends on what you like. Personaly I have a PS3 and 360 here are my pros and cons.

My Personal opinion is 2005-2007 = Xbox 360 and 2008-Present = PS3.

If all your going to do is play some multiplatform Shooter games, then it don't matter what system you get. But if your going to use system as a gameing machine AND as a multi-media center then the PS3 Pwns since its more open platform when compared to the 360. On the 360 you have to subscribe to XBL Gold INORDER to get access to subscribe to netflix on top of the gold subscription, not so on the PS3.

XBL is a bit more streamline than PSN, but it cost $60 a year per user I.D.. (if you are the only one playing on the console and not other family members with their own I.D. then this is not really that important) But PSN isn't bad at all, and sony puts all their exclusives on dedicated servers which is big IMO. (Though Gears 3 on the 360 is getting dedicated servers too, THANK GOD!!!)

Both system has great exclusive games, IMO PS3 has the best exclusives largley because sony simply has the most 1st party Studios, Im playing Infamous 2 and its Awesome. Don't get me wrong I expect Gears 3 to be great on the 360 aswell.

IMVHO if you like games regardless of platform then get both the PS3 and 360, I personaly use the PS3 as my lead console and multi-media center (including bluray player) and use the 360 for exclusive.
If you only can get one console and want to use your console as a multi-media center then the PS3 is the way to go. For example I put a 640GB 2.5" sata HDD in my ps3 and have used about 195GB so far, about 85gb of it is free movies downloaded straight to the PS3 HDD via the ps3 web browser from websites like Divxcrawler.com and I have netflix aswell as HULU plus.

But at the end of the day just get what suits your tastes best. I hope you consider this a Fair opinion, but everybody has different taste and circumstances.

edit: oops I think I mis-read your post lol. Honestly if you want to switch out your HDD (plenty of videos on youtube on how to do it) then it don't matter what version of the PS3 you get. I got my PS3 from Frys because for some reason the PS3 controllers was cheaper there when compared to Gamestop.

Last edited by truth411; 06-24-2011 at 09:04 PM.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote