Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
RanDMC

Drives: 1LT/SS
Adams Wax

Dylan or anyone else with experience.

How much Adams Buttery wax should I use to do the whole car? I tried following the instructiosn but it seemed like only apllying to the yellow hex pad one time was not enough wax to get the whole car done.
RanDMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
Nick@Adams

Drives: The shiny ones.
Apply about a nickel - quarter sized drop for every panel roughly.
Nick@Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
BigCarrot
xbox: this is tedious

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanDMC View Post
Dylan or anyone else with experience.

How much Adams Buttery wax should I use to do the whole car? I tried following the instructiosn but it seemed like only apllying to the yellow hex pad one time was not enough wax to get the whole car done.
I wish it lasted that long

Dylan has the know how. I'd listen to that
Seems like just yesterday I spent $450 for a Roto Fab CAI!!! What the hell happened.
BigCarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
mcamisgroup

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Wish I had known the first time I used it how much to put on the hex pad. I obviously used too much and my car was a big smeary mess. It took me a while to get it off, but, the car looked fabulous afterward....Next time the nickel/quarter size for each panel rules.
mcamisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #5
Nick@Adams

Drives: The shiny ones.
Don't take that as a hard number either guys... panels vary in size a great deal and after you complete the first couple panels theres already wax on the pad, so you won't add AS MUCH to keep going. The reference I'm giving is more of a guide, you're gonna have to use some common sense too.

Just get a thin, even coat on everything...
Nick@Adams is offline   Reply With Quote