Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Question about Adam's Brilliant Glaze

So my brilliant glaze came today, I haven't had a chance to use it yet but and am very much looking forward to it.

A couple of questions:

First, I was surprised by the thickness (or really how thin it was) of the glaze, it is very runny - consistency somewhere between detail spray and super VRT. Is this right? If so, how much product should I use for a given area?

Second, a whole bundle of bristles came out of my Adam's Blonde Boar's Hair brush . . . pretty depressing. I only use it to clean my engine compartment, wheels and exhaust so I don't abuse it. As expensive as this brush is, is there a way to repair it? A whole bundle came out from the brush head still attached to the plastic anchor . . . I can take pictures if it would be helpful.

Lastly (I guess I had one more than a couple of questions) I was hoping to get your volume 7 DVD - I saw it's online. When will that be shipping with orders? This was the first Adam's order I've received without a DVD - I was actually looking forward to volume 7 (yes, I know I'm a nerd).

Actually one more thing - I got some new pads with my latest order because I wanted to have two of each. At first I thought you guys downgraded the quality of the pads (my old ones had the hard plastic ring in them) but after actually using them to restore the paint on my wife's 1999 Mercedes Benz SLK - I have to say these new pads are fantastic! The foam feels so much more substantial and they are so much easier to clean - great job! I wish I could trade in my old ones for the new model!

Thanks guys!

Chad
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
So my brilliant glaze came today, I haven't had a chance to use it yet but and am very much looking forward to it.

A couple of questions:

First, I was surprised by the thickness (or really how thin it was) of the glaze, it is very runny - consistency somewhere between detail spray and super VRT. Is this right? If so, how much product should I use for a given area?

Yes, that is the right consistency. You want to squirt a small/medium amount (don't over do it) onto the blue applicator pad. Then just apply it to the car. It does not need much time to dry, so once you finish applying it to an area it'll be good to wipe off. Be sure to wipe it off with an Adam's single/double microfiber towel.

Second, a whole bundle of bristles came out of my Adam's Blonde Boar's Hair brush . . . pretty depressing. I only use it to clean my engine compartment, wheels and exhaust so I don't abuse it. As expensive as this brush is, is there a way to repair it? A whole bundle came out from the brush head still attached to the plastic anchor . . . I can take pictures if it would be helpful.

I would possibly email Adam and/or Dylan about that. Could you post a picture? I mean I use a boars hair brush to shave (yes, I'm old like that) and the bristles do fall out over time. But if some of the plastic fell off too then that could just be a manufacturing error. No big, if something like that did occur I am sure Dylan would be able to help you out with getting a replacement.

Lastly (I guess I had one more than a couple of questions) I was hoping to get your volume 7 DVD - I saw it's online. When will that be shipping with orders? This was the first Adam's order I've received without a DVD - I was actually looking forward to volume 7 (yes, I know I'm a nerd).

Email or PM Dylan (his user name is "Dylan@adams") he should be able to get you one.

Thanks guys!

Chad
Please see my notes in red.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #3
Nick@Adams

Drives: The shiny ones.
Responses in RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post

A couple of questions:

Yes, its supposed to be thin... shake well before use. Apply as much as you need to put a thin coating over the area to be treated.

How much do you mean by "a whole bunch"... some shedding is normal in the first few uses, if its more than a few then contact our customer service. We have a guarantee on everything we sell... no sense in complaining about it here. We'll get you a brand new one if there are any issues. You can call us toll free @ 866-965-0400, email tips@adamspolishes.com, or shoot me a PM here and I'll get you taken care of.

You can add a DVD to any order for free (CLICK HERE FOR DVD) once the videos are out for a few months we stop putting them in any 'repeat' customers orders without a request so as not to waste them. Plus, some customers get annoyed getting 10 DVD's

The videos are free to watch online anytime (CLICK HERE FOR VIDEOS) and the ones online are the very same ones you get on the DVD.

Actually one more thing - I got some new pads with my latest order because I wanted to have two of each. At first I thought you guys downgraded the quality of the pads (my old ones had the hard plastic ring in them) but after actually using them to restore the paint on my wife's 1999 Mercedes Benz SLK - I have to say these new pads are fantastic! The foam feels so much more substantial and they are so much easier to clean - great job! I wish I could trade in my old ones for the new model!

That would be our Gen3 Pads, glad to hear you like them. They've been out for a little while now and the changes are covered in the instructional videos as well. If you want to read a little more about the differences in the new pads versus the Gen2 (plastic ring pads) check out this thread:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9465

Thanks guys!

Chad
Nick@Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:53 AM   #4
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Thanks Dylan, I must have missed the free DVD on the web site and I will give customer service a call about the brush (I was hoping there would be an easy way to repair it). Really looking forward to trying out the Brilliant Glaze (I use my wife's SLK as a test platform before trying things out on the Camaro ). Keep up the great work you guys are the best!
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
I love the brilliant glaze. I bought some buttery wax that should come in this week I cant wait to put it on. The brilliant glaze reminded me of milk. When I first got it it was about 100 outside so I figured it melted, so I left it the fridge for 1/2 the day and still looked like milk. Its supposed to be that way. Good stuff though.