Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
Jajru

Drives: a pretty darn good vehicle
Need to get rid of shine/gloss

my sister spilled some juice on the center console as well as the dash (around the radio area). Panicking i stopped by the nearest store and all i could find was armor all products..... picked up the leather and cleaning wipes...cleaned out the spill. However, my center console and part of the dash has this glossy shine that is just unbearable to see. Is there anyway i can get rid of it and bring it back to normal. Also, for future reference what would be a good product to clean/protect the interior? Ive got a leather interior by the way.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Jajru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
Nick@Adams

Drives: The shiny ones.
Any good interior cleaner should be able to get it off, its likely the oils and silicones in wipes you used on the surface.

I'd start with Leather & Interior Cleaner diluted about 50% and a microfiber towel to clean the area.

Once its cleaned treat it with Leather & Interior Conditioner to even out the look.
Nick@Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
CyberDan

Drives: 1SS Camaro
Damn... I hope you don't start getting squeaky plastic noises... I had a drink in the cup holder that had a plastic top that wasn't on all the way, and as I turned, it spilt all over the gear shift and around the shift plate. I had to completely take apart the center console because the sound of dryed soda around the seams was unbearable. Good luck
CAI Cold Air Intake, VMax CNC TB, Borla Sport Catback Exhaust, EE Oil Catch Can, Eibach Sway Bars and Drop Springs, AAC concept side markers, stealth signal bulbs, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations front and rear modern SS emblems
CyberDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
OMG!! SHE WAS DRINKING IN YOUR CAR!!! THE HORROR!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #5
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jajru View Post
my sister spilled some juice on the center console as well as the dash (around the radio area). Panicking i stopped by the nearest store and all i could find was armor all products..... picked up the leather and cleaning wipes...cleaned out the spill. However, my center console and part of the dash has this glossy shine that is just unbearable to see. Is there anyway i can get rid of it and bring it back to normal. Also, for future reference what would be a good product to clean/protect the interior? Ive got a leather interior by the way.
Thanks in advance for any help.
I see that you are in Anaheim...you should check out West Coast Corvettes over on Kraemer, just north of La Palma. They carry Adam's products and they might even have Leather & Interior items Dylan was referring to.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
Nick@Adams

Drives: The shiny ones.
I'm almost 100% positive they will...
Nick@Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #7
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
I'm 100% positive they will...
I took a trip to WCC about an hour and a half ago...so I edited your post.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #8
Jajru

Drives: a pretty darn good vehicle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
I see that you are in Anaheim...you should check out West Coast Corvettes over on Kraemer, just north of La Palma. They carry Adam's products and they might even have Leather & Interior items Dylan was referring to.
Thanks for the tip ill swing by the place see if they carry em

Jajru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jajru View Post
Thanks for the tip ill swing by the place see if they carry em
Cool! If there is something that isn't on the shelf, you'll most likely have to ask the dudes behind the counter if they have more in the back.