Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
josephs8

Drives: 2011 Yellow 2LT RS Camaro
Zaino Total Protection Question

I have been looking at buying the Zaino Total Protection Kit. I know that wax is amazing but what I am wondering is do I just buy the polish and wax and get the other things cheaper by like meguiars?
josephs8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
BATMANs

Drives: GTO & NSX
Let's see some current pics of ur current paint.

If it's newish and there is really nothing to buff out then the Z2 is suffice.

The Z6 or Z8 sprays are nice for in between car waxes, keeping the dust off (the process of waxing and buffing is enough to make the painted surface attract dust from static electricity).
2005 GTO Maggie, Forged engine, CAI, Kooks LTH, Magnaflow, Billet Pro shifter, LS7 clutch, 245/275 18" on Petrol Octane, Addco Sways, Koni Yellows, King Springs, Whiteline bushings, EBC Red, X-drilled/slotted rotors, SS brake lines, 55w HID, PLX gauges

1993 NSX Kenne Bell 2.1, Laminova IC, sway bars, NSX-R chassis bars, and non-compliance toe links, Tien EDFC, STMPO exhaust & brake ducts, RM Racing headers, K&N/Cantrall intake, Enkei RP03 17"18", APR GTC-300
BATMANs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
If you're new to detailing cars, I suggest you might check out the Junkman's videos. He is a member here and his videos are very educational (an humorous).

I knew very little about detailing cars before finding his videos. I'm now happy with the results I get!

(I have no stock in his videos, I just found them helpful to me.)
Old 06-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
josephs8

Drives: 2011 Yellow 2LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATMANs View Post
Let's see some current pics of ur current paint.

If it's newish and there is really nothing to buff out then the Z2 is suffice.

The Z6 or Z8 sprays are nice for in between car waxes, keeping the dust off (the process of waxing and buffing is enough to make the painted surface attract dust from static electricity).
My Brand new Yellow Camaro is coming Friday, and I am just trying to figure out what to do get to detail it with.
josephs8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #5
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I use all stuff from Adam's Polishes (Adamspolishes.com). I love their stuff and they have the best customer service I've found in any company.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Wave....

Another Zaino user here. Personally I would just order all that separate and leave out the Z-5, you don't need it. It's mostly for dark colored cars and it will save you $16. If you add up all of what's in that package together it comes out to about $87 so the package isn't saving you much.

I absolutely love Zaino and can promise you won't be disappointed but be warned, the first time using it took me about 8-10 hours to do everything.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:18 PM   #7
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
I have had good results with Z2 & Z5 with the accel...you need a good applicator and clay from some where...the detail spray helps in wipe off...good will cost ya...OK is less
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #8
Viral

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
The answer to your OP question is Yes, but with some exceptions. Things like leather cleaner, interior detailer, wheel cleaner and tire shine and trim detailers you can get at other places. Zaino stuff is awesome, but in those areas, other companies are close enough IMO. Where you DO NOT want to skimp, however, is in the car wash products - The car shampoo, wash mitts, drying and detailing towels should be of the highest quality. Don't get those at Walmart or an auto parts store. Stick to Zainos or Adams (or your other high quality brand of choice). Waxing and polishing your car is what keeps it looking great, but WASHING you car is where everything can go wrong. That's when the damage is done in the first place. Search for and use the two bucket wash method with high quality materials is the best advice I can give a new detailer wanting to take care of their Camaro!
Old 06-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #9
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephs8 View Post
I have been looking at buying the Zaino Total Protection Kit. I know that wax is amazing but what I am wondering is do I just buy the polish and wax and get the other things cheaper by like meguiars?

Can you be more specific please. What products are you looking to buy? If you want to go Zaino, (which I use and love), I would suggest you pair the Zaino wash with the polish and detail spray.

But if you're budget-minded right now I suppose you could get away with just the polish. Bare minimum, get Z5, Z2, ZFX, and Z6.

lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:32 PM   #10
BATMANs

I really dun think he needs to use the car wash from Zaino.
2005 GTO Maggie, Forged engine, CAI, Kooks LTH, Magnaflow, Billet Pro shifter, LS7 clutch, 245/275 18" on Petrol Octane, Addco Sways, Koni Yellows, King Springs, Whiteline bushings, EBC Red, X-drilled/slotted rotors, SS brake lines, 55w HID, PLX gauges

1993 NSX Kenne Bell 2.1, Laminova IC, sway bars, NSX-R chassis bars, and non-compliance toe links, Tien EDFC, STMPO exhaust & brake ducts, RM Racing headers, K&N/Cantrall intake, Enkei RP03 17"18", APR GTC-300
Old 06-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #11
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
I agree. He doesn't need Zaino car wash. But it needs to be good. Any good quality car wash will suffice, as long as he uses the proper technique ( foam, 2 bucket wash, etc). It's the other products that are most critical - polish, wax, etc. And blow dry (230 mph leaf blower from Home Depot. $40).
REDXIIIDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:11 PM   #12
BATMANs

I wash, then use the very suds to clay with.

Excellent results and I'm talking about black cars too.