Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack Discuss issues related to wheels and tires

Old 06-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
jas6762

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertivle
TSW Wheel Question

I just picked up a 2011 SS convertible and want to put some new wheels on it and am running into a probelm. I like the TSW Cadwell and my wife want ths TSW Nardo's (not sure who will win this one?). When I do the wheel configurator's from different sites they say they will fit but when I talk to the TSW dealer they say there is an issue with the back wheels and the factory will not guarantee a fit (something about the Brembo brakes). Does anyone own an SS with either of these wheels on them and did you have any fitment issues?
jas6762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #2
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Someone has to have an answer too this. I to am about to purchase a set of TSWs.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #3
Speed Depot

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Speed Depot
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas6762 View Post
I just picked up a 2011 SS convertible and want to put some new wheels on it and am running into a probelm. I like the TSW Cadwell and my wife want ths TSW Nardo's (not sure who will win this one?). When I do the wheel configurator's from different sites they say they will fit but when I talk to the TSW dealer they say there is an issue with the back wheels and the factory will not guarantee a fit (something about the Brembo brakes). Does anyone own an SS with either of these wheels on them and did you have any fitment issues?
I am a dealer for TSW wheels and neither the Nardo or the Cadwell wheels will properly fit the Camaro SS. They won't clear the rear calipers. You will need to use spacers and that point they will stick out past the fenders.

You can check out the Donington, Nurburgring or Interlagos wheels. These will fit perfectly, no spacers required.

TSW also makes a wheel line called Huntington which is specifically made for modern muscle cars. These wheels will also fit perfectly, no spacers required. Below is a picture of the 20" Huntington Bolsa.

Name:  huntington-bolsa20machined-blackrear1watermark.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  37.5 KB
Speed Depot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
jas6762

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertivle
i am really waniting a 20 inch chrome mesh design. Any suggestions since the 3 wheels you mentioned are not available in chrome?

thanks
jas6762 is offline   Reply With Quote