Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
how do you clean your wax applicators

I've used my wax applicator twice and they need to be cleaned. How do you do it? Can they go into the wash with my towels?

Thanks

Ken
Old 06-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #2
Tecca

Drives: ...
Yup no problem with throwing them in the wash machine and dryer. Remember no fabric softner as with microfiber towels. You can always use a couple table spoons in its place.

Second option would be will up a bucket with water and dawn dish soap and let them soak for a bit then scrub a bit by hand and let air dry.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
Nick@Adams

Drives: The shiny ones.
Nick@Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
Kunihiro1

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
I use the Porter Cable to apply my Adam's polish. I'll dump the pad in a bucket with a small amount of the Adam's car wash soap (just a small amount), then when I'm all done with everything, I use this pad spur while running hot water over the pad.

Although I am an avid Adam's user, unfortunately, this item is not an Adam's product.

Sorry Dylan,,,,

Allen

'69 SS Camaro
2SS/RS, CGM, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pfadt Suspension, Airaid intake (Sold)

71 RS Camaro (Sold)
Z Car (Sorry, Nissan 350Z)
Kunihiro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
Nick@Adams

Drives: The shiny ones.
Hey... do what works for you.
Nick@Adams is offline   Reply With Quote