Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

4th Generation Camaros 1993-2002

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2011, 09:14 AM   #51
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie
 
01pewterz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ocoee, FL
Posts: 7,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
I actually planned on doing that, Is that what you did on your Z28 Sean?
Yep BTW looking good
__________________
2010 2LT/RS, 2001 Z/28, 2014 Impala 2LT
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:36 AM   #52
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431
 
Bulldogwinters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 1,224
My buddy.. He likes to keep me company while I polish, wax, and do any other scrupulous tasks involved with cleaning my baby

.. And before anyone gets at my throat for havin a dog in the car, he knows better than to lay a paw on the leather.. first time he even thought of it I caught him before he could climb up.. He never did again (and no I didn't beat him, just gave him a good ol' talkin to!)
Attached Images
   
__________________

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:22 AM   #53
Zabo
Bowtie to the brim
 
Zabo's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 R6P 2SS/RS M6, '96 S10 ZR2 M5
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Woodhaven, Michigan
Posts: 9,584
..You're missing a pedal, man.

__________________
2010 2SS/RS M6
Black on Black, Silver Rally Stripes, NPP Exhaust, 1LE Rear Diffuser,
SLP Z/28 style Blackwing CAI
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #54
dmginc


 
dmginc's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 Jeep/11 HHR/14 Camaro 1LS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Freeville, NY
Posts: 3,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
..You're missing a pedal, man.

+1
__________________

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Gen5DIY Fog Lights,
Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal), GTS Tail Light Covers,
Purple Under Hood Lighting, Purple Gill Inserts, Purple Hood Vinyl,
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
dmginc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #55
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431
 
Bulldogwinters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 1,224
If it was up to me, I wouldn't be :( However, when the opportunity to buy an SS came up, I had to take it.. I've only seen 2 other 4th gen SS's in person in my life.. (one of them is for sale.. 97 SS, Sebring Silver 40K miles A4, hardtop... very poorly optioned car but they want 12,000$$ for it!
buuut I digress.. I wish I had a 6 speed hurst equipped like yours zabo
__________________

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #56
Zabo
Bowtie to the brim
 
Zabo's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 R6P 2SS/RS M6, '96 S10 ZR2 M5
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Woodhaven, Michigan
Posts: 9,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
If it was up to me, I wouldn't be :( However, when the opportunity to buy an SS came up, I had to take it.. I've only seen 2 other 4th gen SS's in person in my life.. (one of them is for sale.. 97 SS, Sebring Silver 40K miles A4, hardtop... very poorly optioned car but they want 12,000$$ for it!
buuut I digress.. I wish I had a 6 speed hurst equipped like yours zabo
Hey, it's even more fun when you LEARN stick on a Hurst LS1. However, you put a stall in that A4 and you'll be hanging with any M6 at the track. More consistent launches and with some tweaking more consistent access to the powerband.

You also don't have to deal with skip-shift.

However.. when this happens..

Dynoing your Camaro/Firebird for the hell of it: 50 bucks
Deleting CAGS(Skip shift) to 200mph: 20 bucks
Finding out your stock LS1 only makes 303 RWHP with no adders, old oil, injector cleaner, and clogged cats: Priceless

Things get a bit better.

I'd take an SS or WS6, but knowing that my color was passed over my GM for WS6 treatment kinda makes me feel good. Not good enough for 'special option package' treatment, GM? Well so what.. still looks badass 11 years later.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS M6
Black on Black, Silver Rally Stripes, NPP Exhaust, 1LE Rear Diffuser,
SLP Z/28 style Blackwing CAI
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #57
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431
 
Bulldogwinters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Hey, it's even more fun when you LEARN stick on a Hurst LS1. However, you put a stall in that A4 and you'll be hanging with any M6 at the track. More consistent launches and with some tweaking more consistent access to the powerband.

You also don't have to deal with skip-shift.

However.. when this happens..

Dynoing your Camaro/Firebird for the hell of it: 50 bucks
Deleting CAGS(Skip shift) to 200mph: 20 bucks
Finding out your stock LS1 only makes 303 RWHP with no adders, old oil, injector cleaner, and clogged cats: Priceless

Things get a bit better.

I'd take an SS or WS6, but knowing that my color was passed over my GM for WS6 treatment kinda makes me feel good. Not good enough for 'special option package' treatment, GM? Well so what.. still looks badass 11 years later.
That was always my goal to learn on a hurst LS1... other things got in the way unfortunately.

I was hoping to get mine dynoed before I did any mods, however it'll probably wait till I do my headers and need a tune. bet I can beat your stock to stock rwhp I'm gonna guess and say around 320 hp stock for my LS1

I know kinda how you feel, I loved my old camaro, purple pearl metallic was a unique color. I think there were like 3K built over the 93-94 period.. it wasnt even good enough for GM to continue it more than 2 years!
__________________

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #58
dmginc


 
dmginc's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 Jeep/11 HHR/14 Camaro 1LS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Freeville, NY
Posts: 3,033
ive been thinking about dynoing my TA. probably before and after my exhaust upgrade, SLP ORY and going to go with LM2 for now.
__________________

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Gen5DIY Fog Lights,
Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal), GTS Tail Light Covers,
Purple Under Hood Lighting, Purple Gill Inserts, Purple Hood Vinyl,
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
dmginc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #59
Zabo
Bowtie to the brim
 
Zabo's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 R6P 2SS/RS M6, '96 S10 ZR2 M5
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Woodhaven, Michigan
Posts: 9,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
That was always my goal to learn on a hurst LS1... other things got in the way unfortunately.

I was hoping to get mine dynoed before I did any mods, however it'll probably wait till I do my headers and need a tune. bet I can beat your stock to stock rwhp I'm gonna guess and say around 320 hp stock for my LS1
Eh, if CFIII is in Joliet and you hoof it out, I'll let you try it out.

As for the '01 SS, it's pretty much a CAI on a stock LS1 w/o EGR. I'd say around 307-310hp. All in all the claims made of 340hp and 305hp on various LS1s are bogus.

They all fall on the dyno between 300-310RWHP stock or 345-360 crank hp stock. Mine came out via 15% power loss math to 348 crank hp. GM didn't de-tune them from the vette. They just built more of 'em and stuck them in the F-Bodies.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS M6
Black on Black, Silver Rally Stripes, NPP Exhaust, 1LE Rear Diffuser,
SLP Z/28 style Blackwing CAI
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:28 AM   #60
dmginc


 
dmginc's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 Jeep/11 HHR/14 Camaro 1LS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Freeville, NY
Posts: 3,033
01 and 02 came with LS6 intakes which boosted HP a little. i have seen many stock 01/02 ws6's pull 320+ hp at the wheels and around 340 tq, they are rated 325/350 for those 2 years. firehawk was rated at like 345hp.
__________________

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Gen5DIY Fog Lights,
Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal), GTS Tail Light Covers,
Purple Under Hood Lighting, Purple Gill Inserts, Purple Hood Vinyl,
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
dmginc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:46 AM   #61
GEEo
OKCamaros
 
GEEo's Avatar
 
Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 4,602
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #62
Zabo
Bowtie to the brim
 
Zabo's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 R6P 2SS/RS M6, '96 S10 ZR2 M5
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Woodhaven, Michigan
Posts: 9,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
01 and 02 came with LS6 intakes which boosted HP a little. i have seen many stock 01/02 ws6's pull 320+ hp at the wheels and around 340 tq, they are rated 325/350 for those 2 years. firehawk was rated at like 345hp.
Hence why I said w/o EGR. That's what boosted the power. No parasitic loss with the 'barely-worth-it' EGR system that plagues my '00. :/ And you aren't the only one to see a WS6 pull 320. Hell the highest I've seen a stock T/A go was 318 (and that was a 2000 too..)

But just because they were rated at that number (305-345-pick a number in between) doesn't mean that all LS1s from 01-02 couldn't pump out 345-350hp at the crank like a stock LS1 vette. There's a reason why LS engines are the go to crate and modern approximation to the venerable crate SBC.

Not arguing so much as pointing out that in reality, factory numbers of LS1s were moot cross models, CAI or no. In the end they all made north of 345 consistently.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS M6
Black on Black, Silver Rally Stripes, NPP Exhaust, 1LE Rear Diffuser,
SLP Z/28 style Blackwing CAI
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #63
insidethreat07


 
insidethreat07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Camaro 3.8
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Continental Ohio
Posts: 13,860
off topic, what kind of dog is that? Is it a pug?
__________________
2001 Camaro 3.8 V6
Berger Panel, Cardinal Red Camaro Rear Insert, 10 Spoke SS Wheels, Bowtie Center Caps, BMR Shock Tower Brace, Air Silencer Delete, SLP Lid, K&N Air Filter, Whistler/BLS Headlights, Eaton Limited Slip, UMI Rear LCAs PHB & SFCs, Nitto 555s/Nitto 555R, MT ET Drag Radials, Flowmaster Axle Back Exhaust, Pacesetter Mid-Tube Headers & Y-Pipe, 3'' Exhaust, SS Front & Rear Sway Bars, !EGR, !Cat, Poly Bump Stops.



insidethreat07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #64
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431
 
Bulldogwinters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethreat07 View Post
off topic, what kind of dog is that? Is it a pug?
Yep, We have two black pugs.. however, Max (the one in the pic) likes to be a part of everything I do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Hence why I said w/o EGR. That's what boosted the power. No parasitic loss with the 'barely-worth-it' EGR system that plagues my '00. :/ And you aren't the only one to see a WS6 pull 320. Hell the highest I've seen a stock T/A go was 318 (and that was a 2000 too..)

But just because they were rated at that number (305-345-pick a number in between) doesn't mean that all LS1s from 01-02 couldn't pump out 345-350hp at the crank like a stock LS1 vette. There's a reason why LS engines are the go to crate and modern approximation to the venerable crate SBC.

Not arguing so much as pointing out that in reality, factory numbers of LS1s were moot cross models, CAI or no. In the end they all made north of 345 consistently.
I may have to do it, just to see what it is.. my buddy's dad owns a diesel shop and they have a dyno..
__________________

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #65
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie
 
01pewterz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ocoee, FL
Posts: 7,496
All of the HP claims vary my 01 Z28 on the dyno was 311 rwhp that was stock w/2.73's, my friends 02 Hawk with the 345 HP package dynoed at 293 rwhp A4 was well.

Sean
__________________
2010 2LT/RS, 2001 Z/28, 2014 Impala 2LT
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #66
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431
 
Bulldogwinters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 1,224
UPDATE
Filed a claim on ebay, my exhaust (ordered june 24th) still hasnt even shipped!! So we'll see how that ends up working out..

In the meantime, just went and got a quote on tinting my side windows and got the only "sticker" that will ever go on my car..

Rest In peace Austin Tyler St. Germaine, You are already missed.
Attached Images
 
__________________

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #67
Zabo
Bowtie to the brim
 
Zabo's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 R6P 2SS/RS M6, '96 S10 ZR2 M5
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Woodhaven, Michigan
Posts: 9,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
All of the HP claims vary my 01 Z28 on the dyno was 311 rwhp that was stock w/2.73's, my friends 02 Hawk with the 345 HP package dynoed at 293 rwhp A4 was well.

Sean
What brand Dyno was it? That also has a big thing to do with these numbers. The only way to really tell the difference is to get a bunch of LS1s to the same shop, the same day, and just take down data.

That's how I got my 'proof' (my car, then a WS6 w/ TB, then another stock LS T/A, a Stock Z w/ suspension, and an SS, then various monsters..). Various gearing and other things (like past dyno sheets on the TB'd WS6) was accounted for and they were within 20hp of each other, like the new LS3 engines are getting.

However, unlike the LS3s, the LS1s when corrected are showing consistently more power than factory rated.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS M6
Black on Black, Silver Rally Stripes, NPP Exhaust, 1LE Rear Diffuser,
SLP Z/28 style Blackwing CAI
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #68
dmginc


 
dmginc's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 Jeep/11 HHR/14 Camaro 1LS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Freeville, NY
Posts: 3,033
was it that much cheaper on ebay? only 375 for the LM1 or LM2 at ws6store.com
__________________

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Gen5DIY Fog Lights,
Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal), GTS Tail Light Covers,
Purple Under Hood Lighting, Purple Gill Inserts, Purple Hood Vinyl,
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
dmginc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #69
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431
 
Bulldogwinters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
was it that much cheaper on ebay? only 375 for the LM1 or LM2 at ws6store.com
one dollar cheaper.. however, I didn't check WS6store or else I woulda gotten it from them!

Luckily though, The seller finally shipped it, it'll get here next wednesday.. I'm sick of waiting!!!!:upset:
__________________

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5

Last edited by Bulldogwinters; 07-07-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #70
dmginc


 
dmginc's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 Jeep/11 HHR/14 Camaro 1LS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Freeville, NY
Posts: 3,033
ill be ordering my SLP Y pipe and LM2 in a couple of weeks. Then a trip to Long Island to install it in my uncles garage, he has a nice new lift!
__________________

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Gen5DIY Fog Lights,
Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal), GTS Tail Light Covers,
Purple Under Hood Lighting, Purple Gill Inserts, Purple Hood Vinyl,
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
dmginc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #71
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431
 
Bulldogwinters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
ill be ordering my SLP Y pipe and LM2 in a couple of weeks. Then a trip to Long Island to install it in my uncles garage, he has a nice new lift!
Nice! I'm gonna be putting mine in at my friends garage, hopefully it'll be quick.. Can't wait to get my TSP ORY and pacesetter LT's.

Better not keep us waiting too long on your exhaust!
__________________

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #72
dmginc


 
dmginc's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 Jeep/11 HHR/14 Camaro 1LS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Freeville, NY
Posts: 3,033
won't be too long, pretty sure ws6store wont wait a month to ship it
__________________

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Gen5DIY Fog Lights,
Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal), GTS Tail Light Covers,
Purple Under Hood Lighting, Purple Gill Inserts, Purple Hood Vinyl,
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
dmginc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:57 AM   #73
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431
 
Bulldogwinters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
won't be too long, pretty sure ws6store wont wait a month to ship it
Don't rub it in DMG!!!!

One of my buddies found a 2002 SS that he might be getting soon, hope he gets it! Sebring silver 6spd hardtop. mine's still sexier
__________________

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:05 AM   #74
LS1-Z28
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
LS1-Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 NBM Camaro SS #612
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Don't rub it in DMG!!!!

One of my buddies found a 2002 SS that he might be getting soon, hope he gets it! Sebring silver 6spd hardtop. mine's still sexier
LS1-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #75
LS1-Z28
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
LS1-Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 NBM Camaro SS #612
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 717
So where's the exhaust?!
LS1-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blueclyde's 2011 2SS/RS LS3 Build Thread Blueclyde Member Car Journals 18 05-04-2011 01:01 PM
SS vs Z. Why?? Not another Z28 Thread!! Just curious. TRIXXTERR General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 29 01-21-2011 10:27 AM
PWA "The Lounge" DGthe3 Off-topic Discussions 143815 11-06-2010 12:00 PM
Do you want the Z28? ChrisB Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 1616 09-05-2010 12:49 AM
2001 SS HELP HOTRIDES1 4th Generation Camaros 4 03-06-2009 05:23 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.