Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #86
Falundir

 
Falundir's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Bay
Posts: 2,126
Looks sharp, I love anything where people go for the subtle approach. Great work.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #87
dmginc


 
dmginc's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Camaro 1LS AGM
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,357
looks good. i think silver panel with NBM letters would have looked good, or maybe pewter with blue letters...not as subtle but...would look good
__________________

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #88
LS1-Z28
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
LS1-Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 NBM Camaro SS #612
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
Looks good did you paint the Camaro letters or just put the chrome inserts in I cannot tell
Thanks

I already had Silver vinyl letter inserts on it, so I just taped them off and then painted it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
Looks sharp, I love anything where people go for the subtle approach. Great work.
Thanks! I love the subtle look of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
looks good. i think silver panel with NBM letters would have looked good, or maybe pewter with blue letters...not as subtle but...would look good
Thanks DMG!

At first I was think of going the silver way, but I was thinking it would stick out like a sore thumb.. And I really wanted a real subtle look to it. I'm proud of the way it turned out.. First time i have done anything like that

I will post some pics in a little bit. I forgot to get the clear coat today so I will get it tomorrow and it will make it look a ton better I believe.. It's pretty damn glossy like it is now lol.
LS1-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #89
LS1-Z28
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
LS1-Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 NBM Camaro SS #612
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 721
Here are the pictures... At least my car isn't afraid to get in the sun... even if it is cloudy...






Should I put the old SS and Bowtie back on or do something different??


You can see that my taping job on the letters didnt go so hot lol. I will probably be ordering stainless steel ones from Emblem Pros...






So I thought that my passenger side looked lower then my drivers side......... It is.... Idk how that happened but I measured from the ground to the fender and the Drivers side rear is about 29" The Passenger side rear is 28"

Drivers side front is 28". The Passenger side front is 27"....

Any ideas on what could have happened and/or how to fix it??

LS1-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:16 PM   #90
LS1-Z28
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
LS1-Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 NBM Camaro SS #612
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 721
Took my car to our Camaro Clubs meet today! Got a lot of compliments. Here are some better pictures of the Berger Panel.. Seeing it in the sun real good today really made me start liking it more...





And now some pictures of the car... Nice and shiny... and Tops Missing....




LS1-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:28 AM   #91
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431
 
Bulldogwinters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 1,224
Have I mentioned.....

: drool::d rool::dr ool::dro ol:
__________________

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:47 PM   #92
LS1-Z28
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
LS1-Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 NBM Camaro SS #612
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Have I mentioned.....

: drool::d rool::dr ool::dro ol:
Thanks!
LS1-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #93
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431
 
Bulldogwinters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 1,224
NBM is like sex to me..
__________________

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:21 PM   #94
LS1-Z28
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
LS1-Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 NBM Camaro SS #612
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 721
I could say so many things to that, but I will keep them to myself.....

I love it it has such a rich color to it... Pewter has grown on me a bunch because there is one in town for sale that is pewter.. Looks sharp.
LS1-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #95
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431
 
Bulldogwinters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1-Z28 View Post
I could say so many things to that, but I will keep them to myself.....

I love it it has such a rich color to it... Pewter has grown on me a bunch because there is one in town for sale that is pewter.. Looks sharp.
much appreciated

I would trade my pewter for NBM ANY day! lol
__________________

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #96
LS1-Z28
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
LS1-Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 NBM Camaro SS #612
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
much appreciated

I would trade my pewter for NBM ANY day! lol
LS1-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #97
LS1-Z28
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
LS1-Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 NBM Camaro SS #612
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 721
What do you guys think about straight pipes?? I know it's loud, but I have heard that LM1 Resonator is basically like running straight pipes, so why waste 70 bucks on the resonator when I could do this?

I am going to go buy the local muffler shop tomorrow and see how much they would charge me for cutting out my muffler and putting the pipe in where it was.

I just listened to some videos and it sounds sick without headers, but down right nasty with them
LS1-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #98
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth
 
Zabo's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Woodhaven, Michigan
Posts: 9,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1-Z28 View Post
What do you guys think about straight pipes?? I know it's loud, but I have heard that LM1 Resonator is basically like running straight pipes, so why waste 70 bucks on the resonator when I could do this?

I am going to go buy the local muffler shop tomorrow and see how much they would charge me for cutting out my muffler and putting the pipe in where it was.

I just listened to some videos and it sounds sick without headers, but down right nasty with them
If they charge you more than probably 100 bucks out the door for a clamped in piece then I'd go elsewhere. Deleting the muffler isn't all that hard on these cars; cut just after the axle, install bent pipes to chosen set of tips.

I've been tossing around the idea myself. With Cats it'll still be a little muted and raspy but if you can have a custom bent/extended Y pipe-back assembly made and you'd probably get the better sound.

Thing is that unless you don't have emissions regs you can't touch the Cats. You'd also have to do some tuning to the emissions systems if you ran true straight pipes from the headers due to the sensors.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:16 PM   #99
LS1-Z28
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
LS1-Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 NBM Camaro SS #612
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
If they charge you more than probably 100 bucks out the door for a clamped in piece then I'd go elsewhere. Deleting the muffler isn't all that hard on these cars; cut just after the axle, install bent pipes to chosen set of tips.

I've been tossing around the idea myself. With Cats it'll still be a little muted and raspy but if you can have a custom bent/extended Y pipe-back assembly made and you'd probably get the better sound.

Thing is that unless you don't have emissions regs you can't touch the Cats. You'd also have to do some tuning to the emissions systems if you ran true straight pipes from the headers due to the sensors.
Yeah they only charged my dad 50 bucks to cut out his stock mufflers and weld in the Borla Mufflers. So hoping it's the same for me.

No emission stuff here. I'm gonna run the straight pipes for a while untill I buy my headers then put them on, and if it's TOO loud I am thinking of either putting the LM2 Resonator in or putting the Borla XR1 muffler in, that sounds so good lol

I've got a buddy here that does some tuning so once i do my headers I will just get him to tune the code out if it throws a Check Engine Light at me lol
LS1-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:23 PM   #100
GEEo
OKCamaros
 
GEEo's Avatar
 
Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 4,585
The car is turning out great man!!

A 4th Gen Camaro is definitely on my car list.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:53 PM   #101
LS1-Z28
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
LS1-Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 NBM Camaro SS #612
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
The car is turning out great man!!

A 4th Gen Camaro is definitely on my car list.
Thanks!

I absolutely love it, definitely worth getting man!
LS1-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:45 AM   #102
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,842
Lookin mean man! She's even better lookin topless :tweetz:

Though I gotta say I'm super relieved that's not your car sporting the Blazer SS badges...
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3rd Gen Camaro Street Stock build thread (dialup beware) zlathim 3rd Generation Camaros 7 02-20-2013 12:04 AM
2001 Camaro SS Joebot8484 Autos For Sale / Wanted 10 09-01-2011 10:06 PM
2010 SS ls3 vs 2001 Trans Am ls1 reedster20 Chevy Camaro vs... 12 05-03-2011 07:41 PM
Do you want the Z28? ChrisB Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 1616 09-05-2010 12:49 AM
2001 SS HELP HOTRIDES1 4th Generation Camaros 4 03-06-2009 05:23 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.