Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #57
68RS
 
68RS's Avatar
 
Drives: '68 327 RS, 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 582
This is a somewhat cyclical industry. We know that Ford will come out with their redesign in 2014, and when they do, Camaro will be on it's fourth model year with the same design. It is very likely that Ford will once again take a strong lead. I love my Camaro, it is an awesome car. But so is the Mustang. The competition makes them both (and the Challenger) better cars.

They need to get their factory production capabilities worked out, maybe with another Ford model. It wouldn't make sense for Ford to shut down Mustang production. 73K cars is still significant. If they can keep their cost down and make it to 2014, they will be back in the game stronger than ever.
__________________
CGM 2SS/RS M6. Way better than an econobox.
68RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #58
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 SS M6
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Joisey
Posts: 4,325
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I think we should all buy one of each. If my financial advisor would let me that is exactly what I would do. I want to add a Boss to my stable. While I am at it, I also like a car with a GPS and a sunroof. I would pick up a Challenger SRT8 too. Let's keep everybody working!
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #59
Black5thgen
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2007 C6
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
On the Mustang forums, probably, and how many Camaro defenders are there? Probably as few as there are Mustang defenders on Camaro5.
I disagree with you. I would bet there are much more mustang humpers here than Camaro humpers on all the mustang sites combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
And the Mustang IS the better car in terms of straight-line performance and handling (styling and looks are subjective things, as is brand loyalty). The Camaro is still riding a wave of popularity from its concept debut and Transformers, which just goes to show that hp specs and quarter mile times aren't everything in deciding what car is "best" - not that most of us here would have admitted that a year or two ago when the Camaro was (nearly) undisputed king in ALL categories, before Dodge and Ford re-engined their competitors.
You can't tell me that the hype hasn't died down in over 2 years. That argument holds no water any more. The mass public cars more about looks, quality and image than straight-line performance and handling. That is why the Camaro is out selling the mustang now and the mustang outsold the Camaro in the LS1 days. The mustang is a better performing car, not a better overall car.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #60
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,344
I don't know, looks like the mustang did just fine while the camaro was on a 7-8 year hiatus.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:23 PM   #61
AZCamaroFan
Camaro Vanguard
 
AZCamaroFan's Avatar
 
Drives: sometimes
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,365
yeah i hate to see any jobs jeopardized, but...after the Camaro being gone several years and the mustang declard the ponycar victor...i don't have any sympathy for mustang fans or ford.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #62
2SS BUMBLBE
 
2SS BUMBLBE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/L99
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 392
The Ford dealership in town has already sold its allotment of 2012 Bosses and Shelbys. I test drove a 5.0 today. It was a dealer trade because our dealer cannot keep enough. BTW, it sounds like I wish my SS sounded stock. It was pretty quick, handled well, no issues shifting like I have heard about the Camaro, and was an interesting color (lava red). All in all, I thought it was a pretty nice vehicle; I hope they do not die.
2SS BUMBLBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:14 AM   #63
kennynobodyrs
Sept 2013...Hurry!
 
Drives: 1997 Camaro RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeloVEnforcer View Post
This Camaro is obviously taken the nation by a storm. Coupled with the Transformers marketing, it is the premier sports car in America at the moment. In actuality, I think the Camaro's 8 year layoff actually helped because its return brought such an uproar of enthusiasts anticipating its return that it launched with a bang. The Mustang has always been around, yes it has been updated, but the Camaro of 2010 revolutionized the sports car.

Everybody sees Mustangs out there, but I still have people staring at my car, and even taking pictures of it. Nobody does that with a Mustang. Why? Because they see the Camaro as "that car in that cool Transformers movie." And that's a good thing. It's got such an aura that whenever I tell people I have a Camaro, they automatically have a connection with it. The Mustang is ingrained into our culture so it will always be there, but the Camaro has taken a leap in its status as not just Chevy's pony car, but America's pony car.
very well put
kennynobodyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:32 AM   #64
Wvallediego
 
Wvallediego's Avatar
 
Drives: Inferno Orange 2010 RS SS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: uas
Posts: 407
All this talk about feeling sorry and not wanting to see people loss their jobs really does not matter,,,,,,don't worry. Those people who stop working for ford because is downsizing will start working for Chev because they'll start reving up production.

Hope that does not happen, because WE NEED THE MUSTANG!!!!!!.....WE NEED SOMETHING TO BEAT!!!! THE MUSTANG plays that role!
Wvallediego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:50 AM   #65
Schmidty
Facebook.com/SoCalCamaro5
 
Schmidty's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
As much as I'd love to say "Suck it Mustang" -- I honestly can't.. Putting the smack down on a rival car is one thing, but I'm not going to cheer on the possibility of American workers being put in to unemployment just to brag on my own platform's success...

I'd rather they stay open and share the spot light with Mustang, than have even a single worker laid off..
+1
__________________
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:58 AM   #66
AngeloVEnforcer
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
I disagree with you. I would bet there are much more mustang humpers here than Camaro humpers on all the mustang sites combined.


You can't tell me that the hype hasn't died down in over 2 years. That argument holds no water any more. The mass public cars more about looks, quality and image than straight-line performance and handling. That is why the Camaro is out selling the mustang now and the mustang outsold the Camaro in the LS1 days. The mustang is a better performing car, not a better overall car.

The Camaro hype may die down, but, like myself, I had to wait until January 2011 to get my car. I could've gotten something else, but I didn't. When you've got a hot car, you've got 5 years at least to make some serious money off it. Then you go to a re-design, will most likely make those buyers trade in their 3-4 year old Camaros for the new body style. That's what happens in the car business (being a former car salesmen), you get a buyer to love the car they're driving, and they tend to stick with it. I've sold numerous trucks/cars/suvs to the same buyers. They literally bought the same car (maybe different color/options) several times.
AngeloVEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:07 AM   #67
CamaroBelarus
 
Drives: black 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Belarus
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
guess the professional drivers who have tested this many times are wrong and you right. who would have known
Yeah, such as http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...mparison_tests maybe? Or http://www.insideline.com/ford/musta...camaro-ss.html ? Maybe tons of them on youtube proving cars are identical? Even roadandtrack got 1/4 in ss.

Cmon loser, just admit u dont dont have a babe and driving mustang, so il just ingore u, like other trolls out there.

Last edited by CamaroBelarus; 06-17-2011 at 01:20 AM.
CamaroBelarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #68
doc7000
 
Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lomita,CA
Posts: 580
I think more important then which car is faster is the fact that most of the times the cars are not driven in a way where it makes a difference.

I think we put too much into car rag test when it comes to sells, I bet most people can't tell you the difference between the Mustang and Camaro in any performance area.

In this market what is selling these cars is not bragging rights, instead its style and the Camaro just has more of it. Though you can't go wrong with either car.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:52 AM   #69
CamaroBelarus
 
Drives: black 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Belarus
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
I think more important then which car is faster is the fact that most of the times the cars are not driven in a way where it makes a difference.

I think we put too much into car rag test when it comes to sells, I bet most people can't tell you the difference between the Mustang and Camaro in any performance area.

In this market what is selling these cars is not bragging rights, instead its style and the Camaro just has more of it. Though you can't go wrong with either car.
Exactly what im saying. But there is always 1-2 "....", who will say "BUY IT! MUSTANG IS FASTER" and u just have to put his face in the facts that they are identical. Trolls are a disease.
CamaroBelarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:29 AM   #70
Agent orange
socal ht5
 
Agent orange's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro ss
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Valley village CA
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
The Mustang is not going anywhere guys. If anything you'll see a new Lincoln Mark after the 2014 redesign to fill the high end market and some of that plants volume.

As for the axle talk just drop it already. It's been proven time after time stock for stock the Mustang handles better than the mediocre setup in the Camaro. I hope the Camaro and Challenger stick around to keep Ford honest and I would hope you all feel the same so GM keeps pushing the Camaro further.

If it wasn't for the success of the 05+ Mustang you all wouldn't even be driving a Camaro.
i agree. if you look at it mustang improved their engine. its more quiker and handles better. is just that the mustang looks small for being a muscle car.
__________________
Agent orange is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Product Manager - interview Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-04-2012 06:10 PM
GM March 2011 Sales Up 11%, 206,621 Units Sold FenwickHockey65 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 6 04-01-2011 10:57 AM
My Reivew of Camaro SS vs Mustang GT ss ZHO Chevy Camaro vs... 6 06-05-2010 12:23 AM
GM MAY SALES UP 34%, 223,822 UNITS SOLD FenwickHockey65 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 27 06-04-2010 07:18 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.