Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack Discuss issues related to wheels and tires

Old 06-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
ZED SLED

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2011 Equinox
plugs or a new tire?

On the way back from Oshawa my TPMS starting whining about the left front. A great feeling when you don't have a spare. I was able to stop and put air in it and it held all the way home, but lost pressure again after sitting for a couple of days. I had to take it to the dealer for PDIM issues and had them also check the tire. Here's what they pulled out of the tire between the tread, between the center and inside edge, about the same distance apart as shown. They said they could only plug from the outside or maybe I should think about a new tire since they weren't sure about plugging a Z rated tire. Due to time issues I had them plug it. They didn't think a patch on the inside to cover both holes would have worked, and I would have had to take it elsewhere for that anyway.
Do you think it will be OK or should I get a new tire? (Keys are there for size ref LOL)
Attached Images

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Have the tire patched from the inside, and you will be fine. As long as the damage was not in the side wall.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace, BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushings,Forgestar F14's 20x9/11,Nitto Motivos, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS A6
Dealer clueless, take it to a tire store. The tire should be plugged and patched from the inside as well.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote