Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 04-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
Botoasy

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS Auto
Felt

Has anyone taken off the felt on their heads? It looks awkward as hell being there since I don't run the car with the cover on. Is there an easy way to take it off?
Current Mods: BBK Longtube Headers with Hi Flow Cats, BBK CAI, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Magnaflow X-pipe and Resonators, Ported TB, Mace Ported IM and Spacer,Trifecta Tune, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis front and rear sway bars.

My Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272765
Botoasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
I took mine off, I did it when I took off my valve covers to paint them, it isn't to bad. You will prob just have to remove the intake manifold and pull off the metal/rubber things.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:22 AM   #3
sappy

Drives: white 2011 1lt
im sick of seeing the felt too.. its looks so dirty! im pulling my manifold off tomorrow just to get rid of it. not painting the heads because of lack of time. plus thats a summer kind of thing for me.
sappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #4
sappy

well... i went out to the car today and popped the hood. while looking at the felt i really really didnt feel like unbolting my manifold for some felt, plus i didnt want to mess with my seal for my black iceolater. soooo i grabbed a razor knife and a pair of needle nose pliers for the tough spots. its all off and took about 10 mins.. glad i didnt mess with unbolting when it was so easy to just pull off. looks so much better! i was going to paint them but i am really digging the stock look of it. after seeing that felt there for so long the stock black looks amazing ha
Old 01-26-2014, 09:51 PM   #5
'11CamaroLS
E85 ethanol tuned

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sappy View Post
well... i went out to the car today and popped the hood. while looking at the felt i really really didnt feel like unbolting my manifold for some felt, plus i didnt want to mess with my seal for my black iceolater. soooo i grabbed a razor knife and a pair of needle nose pliers for the tough spots. its all off and took about 10 mins.. glad i didnt mess with unbolting when it was so easy to just pull off. looks so much better! i was going to paint them but i am really digging the stock look of it. after seeing that felt there for so long the stock black looks amazing ha
That's pretty much what I did too, came out good for me too and was super easy
Old 01-26-2014, 10:10 PM   #6
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
I've read that its only there to help with noise reduction. Let us know if you hear any real noise difference. If not, I may try this too.

I think the LLT engine with a painted or polished intake and painted covers looks awesome!
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:43 PM   #7
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
That is exactly what I was planing to do if this crazy cold weather ever breaks. Glad to know it was not that hard. I also did not want to mess with the manifold/iceolator. And Yeah, let us know if you hear any difference. I can't imagine that it would bother me though. I want to be able to hear my engine!
Old 01-26-2014, 11:56 PM   #8
sappy

yea ruby its really no big deal. i am pretty much maxed on bolt-on's.. ipf/bbk longtubes, high flow cats etc etc. and there is no noticeable noise that would be bothersome. i put my head close to see if anything seemed different.. nope the clicking is still the same annoying loudness. honestly the felt is thin and if it did block the engine noise a tad i woudnt even noticed with my setup. it just looked nasty with dust and such on it and had to go.

10 mins and its gone.. best thing i did to my car this week
Old 01-27-2014, 12:17 AM   #9
Evil-Bee-NH
Back in Black

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
Think i'm gonna hafta do this when it warms up. To damn cold up here in the northeast to bother spending 10 mins outside for something that can wait til it's warmer.

Roto-Fab CAI | Anzo Halo Projector Headlights | Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe | Cherry Bomb Glasspacks | 8" Kicker HideawaySub/Amp | Coverking Tactical Seat Covers | EmblemPros Black Onyx SS Bowtie & Badge Kit | Elite Oil Catch Can | Yellow T3 Stripes
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:10 AM   #10
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Thanks for the info using a knife and needle nose. Mine will be off this spring too.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:03 AM   #11
KFH
1LT Victory Red V6 Manual

Drives: 2010 1LT 6 speed manual #117
Quote:
sappy, Any chance you can post a picture of your engine with the felt removed.

1st Car-77 Type LT Rally Sport, Manual 3 speed, Inline 6, 3rd-94 Red & Black Z28, 6 Speed Manual V8
4th-2010 1LT, Manual V6, Injen CAI, RX Catch Can, Flowmaster American Thunder & Magnaflow Resonated "X"
KFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:34 PM   #12
sappy

Yea no problem.. as long as you don't mind the dirtiness of the bay.. to cold to detail the bay. Anyways I will snap a pic after work
Old 01-27-2014, 10:34 PM   #13
sappy

sorry guys pics to come.. i got a new phone (htc one) and the first time i ever tried plugging it in my pc to get the pics on here it wont connect.. apparently this is a huge problem with this phone. anyways once i figure out how to sync my phone with laptop i will post up here
Old 01-27-2014, 10:43 PM   #14
KMPrenger

Sometimes with Androids you have to go into the settings once it is plugged and select USB mode, although I don't have to do that with mine...it does act a bit differently if I do do that though.
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:48 PM   #15
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster

Drives: Shinier than yours
Quote:
sorry guys pics to come.. i got a new phone (htc one) and the first time i ever tried plugging it in my pc to get the pics on here it wont connect.. apparently this is a huge problem with this phone. anyways once i figure out how to sync my phone with laptop i will post up here
Feel free to PM me if you can't get it. I own that phone and also am an Android developer.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-27-2014, 11:40 PM   #16
sappy

pm'd

also i love this place
Old 01-29-2014, 11:44 PM   #17
sappy

sorry it took so long guys.. phone was horrible. anyways here it is.. try not to mind the dirt.. i will get to cleaning it in warmer weather.. anyways as you can see the felt is gone and looks 100% better imho. the dust you see where the felt would have been came from the felt when removing it..which i also have to clean up now lol
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2014, 11:47 PM   #18
sappy

10 mins guys/gals.. wont regret it!
Old 01-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #19
KFH
1LT Victory Red V6 Manual

Drives: 2010 1LT 6 speed manual #117
sappy, thanks for the pics. What grill do you have? I'ld like to see a full front end shot.

1st Car-77 Type LT Rally Sport, Manual 3 speed, Inline 6, 3rd-94 Red & Black Z28, 6 Speed Manual V8
4th-2010 1LT, Manual V6, Injen CAI, RX Catch Can, Flowmaster American Thunder & Magnaflow Resonated "X"
KFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:16 AM   #20
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFH View Post
sappy, thanks for the pics. What grill do you have? I'ld like to see a full front end shot.
Looks like a Street Scene grille. I had the lower with ducts before Ricky Racoon hit it! You can get it w/o ducts also.
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2014, 11:39 AM   #21
KMPrenger

I have the lower ducts on my car too with Heritage grille. Love the look.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:54 AM   #22
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I have the lower ducts on my car too with Heritage grille. Love the look.
That's the look I plan on going for soon. Been juggling ideas with what to do with the front end between heritage grill and ZL1 grill but decided on the heritage, just wish it wasn't so much compared to the ZL1.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:15 PM   #23
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Exactly! I have been having the same thoughts. Another thing is that so many folks now have the Heritage grill that is is almost too common & the ZL1 grill is not seen as much. I like the look of both of them. Right now I am leaning toward ZL1 one. Haven't decided on the lower grill.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:28 PM   #24
sappy

Yes they are both street scene. Haven't seen many people with them compared to heritage.. everyone I talk to says it looks mean. Just dropped it last week and getting my hex installed hopefully this weekend... And I still have my sound system in my closet waiting for free time
Old 01-30-2014, 09:51 PM   #25
KMPrenger

OK...last post on my front end lol....hate to thread jack.

Heritage grille, Street Scene lower grill, GM GFX, and carbon fiber replica vinyl on the bowtie. Pretty dang happy with the look. ZL1 front end is awesome, but I got away with all this stuff cheap compared to a whole new ZL1 front end, parts, and paint.