Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
race29
Robin

Drives: 1983 Z28, 2010 2SSRS Camaro
Collinite

Hi
Anyone every used Collinite products? My son worked with a detailer adn that's what they used. Just curious how it compares to Adams.
Thanks
race29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
Tecca

Drives: ...
Collinite 845 wax is awesome. What is good about it, for a liquid wax it is pure wax in a bottle. No precleaner no nutting just good old wax. The thing you have to consider though is that Collinite is only a wax so it is only as good as the prep work before hand.

As far as comparing it to Adams Machine wax or Buttery Wax, as everyone know I am a Adams fan, 110% of the time I will buy Collinite without second guessing.

Now with that said Adams does have a good system that works for a lot of people.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
race29
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teccboxx View Post
Collinite 845 wax is awesome. What is good about it, for a liquid wax it is pure wax in a bottle. No precleaner no nutting just good old wax. The thing you have to consider though is that Collinite is only a wax so it is only as good as the prep work before hand.

As far as comparing it to Adams Machine wax or Buttery Wax, as everyone know I am a Adams fan, 110% of the time I will buy Collinite without second guessing.

Now with that said Adams does have a good system that works for a lot of people.
Thanks!
Always good to get input...you know how kids are...they know everything lol
Old 06-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
scuba264

Drives: Manual 2011 CGM LS
I love some of the Adam's products, but I'm all about the Collinite 845 also. If you google around enough, especially checking out sites like autogeek.net and autopia.org you'll find some members that test different types of wax on the same car for months and Collinite usually comes out on top or close to it. Plus you can't beat the price on the stuff.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
>>>If you google around enough, especially checking out sites like autogeek.net and autopia.org you'll find some members that test different types of wax on the same car for months and Collinite usually comes out on top or close to it. Plus you can't beat the price on the stuff.

Comparison test after test it always comes out as one of the most durable.

Alot of the detailers call the last step LSP - last step protection. Getting "it" to look good is done in the previous steps of cleaning and polishing. After these steps I want protection and Collinite delivers better than anything I have used.

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
race29
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba264 View Post
I love some of the Adam's products, but I'm all about the Collinite 845 also. If you google around enough, especially checking out sites like autogeek.net and autopia.org you'll find some members that test different types of wax on the same car for months and Collinite usually comes out on top or close to it. Plus you can't beat the price on the stuff.
Great thanks. Picking up some Adams stuff this weekend but I heard I have some Collinite kicking around so we'll have to give it a try when we get done with the cleaning.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #7
race29
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by race29 View Post
Great thanks. Picking up some Adams stuff this weekend but I heard I have some Collinite kicking around so we'll have to give it a try when we get done with the cleaning.
Does this mean I have to tell my son he is right???????