Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack Discuss issues related to wheels and tires

Old 06-16-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
vafinest25

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS "Orange Crush"
Rim Color Clash??

I have a IOM Camaro with white stripes, and want to put black rims with an orange lip, but not sure how it will look. I have to orange interior, so if you have any pics of this let me know. thanks
Old 06-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
TJ's MARO

Drives: Fully Loaded Black on Black 2LT/RS
can i make a recommendation? i know in my case, money does not grow on trees, however your situation may be different.. IF i was you, i love your idea, i would have the white stripes removed (if they are the tape stripes from chevy & not painted on) then have some black stripes painted on, which i've seem multiple iom camaro's with black painted stripes and it looks amazing. then with your rims idea & your interior package, boom. looks amazing. could be totally off on your thinking, and your opinion is what truly matters, but just my 2 cents
TJ's MARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's MARO View Post
can i make a recommendation? i know in my case, money does not grow on trees, however your situation may be different.. IF i was you, i love your idea, i would have the white stripes removed (if they are the tape stripes from chevy & not painted on) then have some black stripes painted on, which i've seem multiple iom camaro's with black painted stripes and it looks amazing. then with your rims idea & your interior package, boom. looks amazing. could be totally off on your thinking, and your opinion is what truly matters, but just my 2 cents
+1
Old 06-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafinest25 View Post
I have a IOM Camaro with white stripes, and want to put black rims with an orange lip, but not sure how it will look. I have to orange interior, so if you have any pics of this let me know. thanks

Go thru this thread, should find plenty of ideas.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7061
Old 06-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #5
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '09 V8 SRX RWD
I think everyone's on the same page here. Black stripes will look better or you could go with dark grey and do gunmetal wheels.
Put the black wheels on and if you don't like it with white stripes, take the stripes off and drive around with it for awhile to see how you like that.
If you don't put the black stripes on. Not talking about a huge amount of money for a significant change in looks.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #6
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
I do not like white stripes and black wheels together. There was an IOM pace car on here with with black wheels and it looked strange imo.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote