Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 05:54 AM   #1
GrandPrixGXP
 
Drives: Grand Prix GXP
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Terre Haute, Indiana
Posts: 108
Why no 2012 pricing?

I know there is probably no answer for this, but I'm really amazed there is still no pricing for 2012's, considering we're less than a month til production begins. Seems like it was certainly out by this time last year.

Also, why no really good pictures of the new interior yet?

It doesn't really matter, I guess, since my order has already been placed for a 2012 with dealer allocation, but a price would be nice to see. As it is, my dealer just gave me a price based on 2011 models.
GrandPrixGXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:14 AM   #2
shockandawe

 
Drives: 2006 LeMans Blue C6 Vette
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,333
New interior same as the old interior,except new fonts on gauges and new steering wheel.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:32 AM   #3
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six
 
NoSyT's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Posts: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
New interior same as the old interior,except new fonts on gauges and new steering wheel.
...and the dash insert, and the center A/C vents are slightly different.

These pics are from the 45th Anniversary edition but the changes should carry over across all trims. No drastic changes besides the "Love It or Hate It" steering wheel.
Attached Images
  
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:47 AM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
...and the dash insert, and the center A/C vents are slightly different.

These pics are from the 45th Anniversary edition but the changes should carry over across all trims. No drastic changes besides the "Love It or Hate It" steering wheel.
That's actually a really good way to refer to the steering wheel.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #5
snizzle
Recalled user
 
snizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 2SS MT 45th AE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,974
There are people that love it?
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #6
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A
 
sasquash1984's Avatar
 
Drives: The yeti
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Saginaw/ Ft Worth TX
Posts: 3,088
I'll stick with my 2011 thank you
__________________
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #7
E.T.


 
E.T.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,229
I'm sure the prices will probably be going up. I remember seeing an article in the paper the other day about Cruzes being more expensive. We should find out soon though.
__________________

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #8
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet
 
GearHeadPeter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 1,568
I had to drop off my Camaro at the dealer yesterday to have a cracked A/C condenser fixed, and sitting right next to a 2011 SS was a new Cruze. Sorry to say this but the new Camaro steering wheel is the same as in the Cruze. Don't like it, but to each their own.

When I ordered my 2011 in May of 2010 there was no pricing until about a week after production started in June.

The door locks on the 2012 are now on each door whereas on the 2010-2011 it was under the radio.
__________________
2011 - 2LT/RS - RY, A6, Gray Interior - Team LLT:
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:56 AM   #9
locd32
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT SIM
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPrixGXP View Post
I know there is probably no answer for this, but I'm really amazed there is still no pricing for 2012's, considering we're less than a month til production begins. Seems like it was certainly out by this time last year.

Also, why no really good pictures of the new interior yet?

It doesn't really matter, I guess, since my order has already been placed for a 2012 with dealer allocation, but a price would be nice to see. As it is, my dealer just gave me a price based on 2011 models.
That's great that he'd price it for the 2011, but what about new features and packages like the SRU? I definitely want that on my 2012 but have no idea how much it is. If it's considerably more then the connectivity package then it's a no go for me.

I really need that pricing to come out so I can place an order!!!!

Also, was the rear assist dropped from the connectivity package? If so, how much would that change the price?

Last edited by locd32; 06-21-2011 at 08:16 AM.
locd32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #10
snizzle
Recalled user
 
snizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 2SS MT 45th AE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,974
I'm waiting on Anniversary Edition pricing....come on GM!
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #11
Burnt_RS
 
Burnt_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 1LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
There are people that love it?
I figure the only people that love the steering wheel, are those that already have one... in their Volt.
Burnt_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #12
exflirt
Corvette Goddess
 
exflirt's Avatar
 
Drives: Soon - 2015 Z06 Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
There are people that love it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_RS View Post
I figure the only people that love the steering wheel, are those that already have one... in their Volt.
I drove a Cruze this last weekend and wasn't a huge fan of the steering wheel. But then I don't own a Camaro with the original version and I don't buy cars because of steering wheels, so I figure I'll get used to it and it really can't/shouldn't be that big of a deal. I've had steering wheels that weren't my absolute favorites before but it's not like that affected my experience with the vehicle in any way. I figure if I can't appreciate the overwhelmingly positive and fun qualities the Camaro has, but instead get hung up on a steering wheel I would have designed a bit differently, I've got bigger problems to deal with.

I can see how one might be glad they bought an earlier Camaro, though, if they like theirs and think this one is less useable.
__________________
x
8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #13
pnyklr

 
Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by exflirt View Post
I drove a Cruze this last weekend and wasn't a huge fan of the steering wheel. But then I don't own a Camaro with the original version and I don't buy cars because of steering wheels, so I figure I'll get used to it and it really can't/shouldn't be that big of a deal. I've had steering wheels that weren't my absolute favorites before but it's not like that affected my experience with the vehicle in any way. I figure if I can't appreciate the overwhelmingly positive and fun qualities the Camaro has, but instead get hung up on a steering wheel I would have designed a bit differently, I've got bigger problems to deal with.

I can see how one might be glad they bought an earlier Camaro, though, if they like theirs and think this one is less useable.


-Funk
__________________
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #14
snizzle
Recalled user
 
snizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 2SS MT 45th AE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_RS View Post
I figure the only people that love the steering wheel, are those that already have one... in their Volt.
And the mags that complained so much about the original. Actually Motortrend will hate this one too
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 "Track Pack" Camaro to be called Z/28... RLHMARINES Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics 346 01-18-2013 09:35 PM
45th Anniversary Edition 2012 Camaro and New 3.6L LFX V6 Engine FenwickHockey65 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 647 03-04-2012 01:18 PM
The New 2012 GT-R is OMFG amazing. Mr CLuTcH General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 80 02-28-2011 10:55 PM
2012 Camaro Z28 HP Edition Production Begins Jan. 1, 2012! (Confirmed to dealers!) Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 504 02-08-2011 08:00 PM
GMS Pricing..Someone please define. Banshee 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 4 02-03-2009 10:46 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.