Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

View Poll Results: Which brand of exhaust?
Slp 7 7.37%
Borla 32 33.68%
Corsa 24 25.26%
Magnaflow 12 12.63%
Flowmaster 13 13.68%
Stainless Works 7 7.37%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #51
RedDragonSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Red Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Miami,FL
Posts: 6,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
Going back to what others have said, it's simple 16 year olds don't drive brand new 5th gen Camaro SS's You're talking about a $35k plus car, and if you got it in August 2010 then it was brand new & probably in the $37-$38k price range. It's more like Mom & Dad bought you a 5th gen SS just to give you what you want and to try to make you into the coolest kid in school that's better than everyone else.

Now back on topic and being nice and answering your question. Go ahead and install whatever mod you can dream of that your parents will buy you next. I'm sure if you don't like what you installed your parents will buy you something else instead.

Sorry! I don't like to be disrespectful and I'm not that type of person at all, but I'm just being dead honest. 16 year olds who appreciate what they have & who are level headed don't drive brand new $37k-$38k cars.
Dude stop Hating.... Who cares if he's 16... Post like these ruin all the good things you've contributed to this forum... Like it or not he's got the car now support him rather than hating on his so called status.. Were talking a Camaro here not a ferrari...

For exhaust the best sounding exhaust I've heard is the Borla Attack...
Good luck and enjoy...
RedDragonSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #52
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!
 
TSSUNAMI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 1,720
OP, some suggestions for you.

1. Don't post your age. Especially since you are a minor. Also because for some reason, people hate seeing a young kid with a nice car. They have the right to feel that way, but why open yourself to be judged.

2. Try the search button. Or just do what I did and immerse yourself in the vast wealth of information on these forums. I'm twice your age and went into this about a year ago knowing NOTHING about these cars. Now I know enough to get me in trouble, but I'm still learning. Learning, is part of the fun.

3. The other members directed you to the exhaust video links, keep in mind that many of them sound much different in person.



Good luck with the car. Hope you enjoy it.
__________________
TSSUNAMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #53
JohnnyComeLately
 
JohnnyComeLately's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 306
Another thing I'd pay attention to is quality of build. You mention cams are too pricey so I'm assuming you don't want to throw away good money after bad. A poorly built header will rust and look like junk quickly. Some will also give you fits during installation. This 5th Gen looks insanely easier to mod than my 97 Trans Am (built just after you started walking hahahaha ) but its never fun re-doing a mod much less dealing with headers that just won't line up (or hit stuff, etc).

I'm not sure if you're putting them on yourself, but some other things to consider besides just the exhaust tone.

A good friend of mine had an insurance settlement or something which enabled him to buy a brand new Formula Firebird with the 350 V-8 when he was in high school. People just hate. Ignore it. When I read your title, I understood you mentioned age just so people new you were a noob. Hating on you just because you put 16 in the title means people are either A) insecure B) tolerate others who bash due to their insecurity. It's not like you came in here and said, "Hey this is my first car, and I plan to roll it 20 times on the freeway, total it out and then go buy a Ferrarri. Good luck with your peasant lives, bishes"

To be honest, I admire ya for putting it out there. Most 16 year olds would assume they know it all and just do whatever they felt, or their buddies suggested. A sign of maturity is having the humility to concede you don't know it all and look to others for help. So good on ya... If it were me, I'm part smart ass so I'd pre-pend to every thread I'd post from this point forward, "I'm 16:..." and then just delete every PM that isn't a reply or has a subject relevant to something I needed.

Back on point: SLP is a great company and so I support them whenever I can. I'd suggest their shorties. JBA Long tubes were awesome on my supercharged Trans Am and I had them JetHot coated. You might consider coating them to reduce heat, etc.
__________________
Both my rides will smoke ya 2010 L99 2SS/RS - Hertz HE HSK 165 components/PPI A404 & A600/JL Audio 10W6/Audio Control EQX, FAST Intake Manifold
JohnnyComeLately is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #54
automatic1221
 
automatic1221's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tyler
Posts: 227
get your Kooks or ARH headers, 3 inch full exhaust with a medium level exhaust (sound wise.. and a brand that you like), then go get the QTP cutouts.

1) you can encounter huge problems with your exhaust being too loud ie: neighbors and cops by getting TOO much attention

2) cut outs are something that not many people have and there is a wow factor with it

3) with the cut outs closed your car sounds custom, but isnt too loud for longer trips (drone from the exhaust)

4) once you open the cut outs all hell will break loose, but once its time to fly under the raydar just close them and go on about your business.


Oh yeah... just be sure to have it tuned
automatic1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #55
DuhKoDuh

 
DuhKoDuh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pilot Point, Texas
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS View Post
Dude stop Hating.... Who cares if he's 16... Post like these ruin all the good things you've contributed to this forum... Like it or not he's got the car now support him rather than hating on his so called status.. Were talking a Camaro here not a ferrari...

For exhaust the best sounding exhaust I've heard is the Borla Attack...
Good luck and enjoy...
thank you man!
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #56
DuhKoDuh

 
DuhKoDuh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pilot Point, Texas
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone★ColdNuts View Post
OP, some suggestions for you.

1. Don't post your age. Especially since you are a minor. Also because for some reason, people hate seeing a young kid with a nice car. They have the right to feel that way, but why open yourself to be judged.

2. Try the search button. Or just do what I did and immerse yourself in the vast wealth of information on these forums. I'm twice your age and went into this about a year ago knowing NOTHING about these cars. Now I know enough to get me in trouble, but I'm still learning. Learning, is part of the fun.

3. The other members directed you to the exhaust video links, keep in mind that many of them sound much different in person.



Good luck with the car. Hope you enjoy it.
thanks for the advice!
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #57
DuhKoDuh

 
DuhKoDuh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pilot Point, Texas
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyComeLately View Post
Another thing I'd pay attention to is quality of build. You mention cams are too pricey so I'm assuming you don't want to throw away good money after bad. A poorly built header will rust and look like junk quickly. Some will also give you fits during installation. This 5th Gen looks insanely easier to mod than my 97 Trans Am (built just after you started walking hahahaha ) but its never fun re-doing a mod much less dealing with headers that just won't line up (or hit stuff, etc).

I'm not sure if you're putting them on yourself, but some other things to consider besides just the exhaust tone.

A good friend of mine had an insurance settlement or something which enabled him to buy a brand new Formula Firebird with the 350 V-8 when he was in high school. People just hate. Ignore it. When I read your title, I understood you mentioned age just so people new you were a noob. Hating on you just because you put 16 in the title means people are either A) insecure B) tolerate others who bash due to their insecurity. It's not like you came in here and said, "Hey this is my first car, and I plan to roll it 20 times on the freeway, total it out and then go buy a Ferrarri. Good luck with your peasant lives, bishes"

To be honest, I admire ya for putting it out there. Most 16 year olds would assume they know it all and just do whatever they felt, or their buddies suggested. A sign of maturity is having the humility to concede you don't know it all and look to others for help. So good on ya... If it were me, I'm part smart ass so I'd pre-pend to every thread I'd post from this point forward, "I'm 16:..." and then just delete every PM that isn't a reply or has a subject relevant to something I needed.

Back on point: SLP is a great company and so I support them whenever I can. I'd suggest their shorties. JBA Long tubes were awesome on my supercharged Trans Am and I had them JetHot coated. You might consider coating them to reduce heat, etc.
thanks alot man, great advice!
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #58
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,406
Only 1 reason why he posted his age, to get attention. Plain and simple. To answer your question, use the "Search" button.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:35 AM   #59
Bay Area SS
 
Bay Area SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 rs/2ss
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ca bay area
Posts: 669
youngster wit an SS! Nice! my very first car was a 67 RS SS. Dont be like me and total it! Hey not sure how your money situation is, but if your like me its kind of a tight budget. I just bought the XS Power Systems complete exhaust for a screamin deal. Stainless steel 1 7/8 long tube headers X pipe and mufflers. Its highly polished and looks great. One of my buddies on the forum has the same set up and they sound great! oversteeringonline.com
Bay Area SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:03 AM   #60
bojangles37
 
bojangles37's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 blk ss
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: new orleans
Posts: 103
best possible exhaust imo... ARH or LG longtubes into high flow cats.. noweeds diverters and and then maybe loudmouth II or S.W. s tube catback
bojangles37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:20 AM   #61
Man1acs
 
Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 215
Love the car. Dont go to loud, if you drive it alot it will drive you nuts. I got American Raceing headers and exhuast and love it. I know a few people that went to loud then had to spend more money to make it less annoying haha.

Haters gona hate. I wish I was 16 again. But im only 25 and have 10k worth of mods and a fully payed off 2SS RS.
Man1acs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #62
DuhKoDuh

 
DuhKoDuh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pilot Point, Texas
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man1acs View Post
Love the car. Dont go to loud, if you drive it alot it will drive you nuts. I got American Raceing headers and exhuast and love it. I know a few people that went to loud then had to spend more money to make it less annoying haha.

Haters gona hate. I wish I was 16 again. But im only 25 and have 10k worth of mods and a fully payed off 2SS RS.
dang thats awesome! i bet you feel like the king of the world right?
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:05 AM   #63
WI-MO B/W
 
WI-MO B/W's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 CAMARO 2SS/RS -M6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WISCONSIN - MISSOURI
Posts: 19
Everybody will tell you "What they have" or "what they could only afford" and that is the direction you should go...

Some will tell you to visit some links or go to youTUbe...

My suggestion (for what it's worth) is spend some time riding around and taking notice of what "others" in your area have installed. You be the judge (LIVE) and determine "what" best fits your preference and budget. MEMOREX does not accurately depict LIVE. Good Luck!
__________________
WI-MO B/W
Waterford, WI
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Rwerner6@tds.net

White w/ Black Accents
2SS/RS 6-Speed, Sunroof, GFX
Hennessey CAI, Hurst Short-Throw
ARH Long Tube w/ HF Cats & X-Pipe, SLP LoudMouthII
Competition Cams, West Bend Dyno Tune
Black Chrome Wheels, Black Billet Gills
WI-MO B/W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:24 AM   #64
mikeSS


 
mikeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 7,335
corsa, kooks headers

quick vid of my setup, i have a cam now so its louder.

__________________

2010 camaro cammed- sold
2013 E92 V8 M3 DCT ZCP
C7 pending order
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:51 AM   #65
DuhKoDuh

 
DuhKoDuh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pilot Point, Texas
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
quick vid of my setup, i have a cam now so its louder.

That sounds great, what do you have done on that video?
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:53 AM   #66
mikeSS


 
mikeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 7,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhKoDuh View Post
That sounds great, what do you have done on that video?
exhaust wise, corsa cat back with kooks headers with cats.
__________________

2010 camaro cammed- sold
2013 E92 V8 M3 DCT ZCP
C7 pending order
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:54 AM   #67
DuhKoDuh

 
DuhKoDuh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pilot Point, Texas
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
exhaust wise, corsa cat back with kooks headers with cats.
Very nice!
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #68
DuhKoDuh

 
DuhKoDuh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pilot Point, Texas
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by WI-MO B/W View Post
Everybody will tell you "What they have" or "what they could only afford" and that is the direction you should go...

Some will tell you to visit some links or go to youTUbe...

My suggestion (for what it's worth) is spend some time riding around and taking notice of what "others" in your area have installed. You be the judge (LIVE) and determine "what" best fits your preference and budget. MEMOREX does not accurately depict LIVE. Good Luck!
Thanks
__________________

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #69
SSBUSDRVR


 
SSBUSDRVR's Avatar
 
Drives: '112SS/RS'12CruzECO'11CruzeLTZ,Mini
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central FL
Posts: 3,260
Save the money for college,beer and women. Its worth it.
Seriously though, if you have to there are so many great options out there you have to find some cars to listen to and see what you like best. Buy it for yourself and not anyone else. Don't take shortcuts. It's all personal preference. Went with Flowmaster American Thunder Catback.(set off a guys car alarm on intial fireup yesterday that was parked behind me in a parking garage. LOL) and getting ARH coated 1 7/8" Longtubes w Cats installed as we speak. Should be a loud for the neighbors but one of them has a Viper with Modded exhaust which is loud as h*ll LOL.
__________________
'11 IBM 2SS/RS
RIP LS3 01/03/14 Stock Bottom Go Boom.
Suspended,Fueled, Bumped,Blown, Now Really Blown.
Vengeance Racing 416 coming soon
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:01 PM   #70
orangejuice
H1 OFCR
 
orangejuice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Shelby Twp., Michigan
Posts: 1,342
I have Corsa. Perfect rumble on start up/accleration. No drone. I wouldn't go for headers unless you're going to race it. But if you're 16 try to stay under the radar because if you get pulled over as soon as the cop sees you're young, hes gonna **** you way harder than an older individual to teach you a lesson
__________________
Corsa
Rotofab
BBK
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights


orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #71
orangejuice
H1 OFCR
 
orangejuice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Shelby Twp., Michigan
Posts: 1,342
And my own personal opinion, I think you're just paying for the Borla name to be honest. I got the Corsa for $950 shipped when autoanything.com had the 15% off. It's up to you but I don't think spending the extra $500 was worth it to me.
__________________
Corsa
Rotofab
BBK
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights


orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #72
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,066
Did you ever get an exhaust setup? Looks like it's been a couple months.

One thing you might consider doing is going out to the Classic Chevy/TMS event on September 10th. Should be alot of different Camaros for you to listen to. That will probably be one of the best places to see a bunch of different exhaust setups in one place.
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:22 PM   #73
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
I have a Borla Touring exhaust (their quietest exhaust). I had it installed with my Kooks 1 7/8" headers. It mades a nice rumble at idle and sounded great under throttle, but it was quiet when cruising.

I have since added a cam and exhaust cutouts (and a supercharger). When the cutouts are open, it is monster truck LOUD. When the cutouts are closed, it still sounds like a muscle car.

Headers and cams add significant sound. So, you might want to think about whether you plan to add those later before you select your exhaust.

Here is a recent video of my car. He opens the cutouts about 30 seconds into the video.

__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #74
IROCanSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 89 IROC 350
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Back roads, southern Ohio
Posts: 12,518
cutouts. I had to show mine off twice today... and it's only 4:27
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #75
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com
 
LED Crazy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM L99
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Posts: 1,710
Congrats on having a Camaro man. If you treat your car well and respect other Camaro owners as well as forum members (which it appears you do) you'll be okay. I bought my Camaro when I was 19. My dad is a conservative old school banker and he taught me very young to save my money. I was lucky enough to by a Camaro with my own money. I maybe upgrading to a SS soon and I am looking into a cat back Borla Atak. I can't give you advice on headers or long tubes because I do not know what is best in that category, but get a CAI if you have not already. My obsession is LED's. Hence my member name.
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
arh, exhaust videos, headers, loudmouth, slp

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.