Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack Discuss issues related to wheels and tires

Old 06-23-2011, 05:47 AM   #1
Man1acs

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro SS
Tire Questions

I'm looking to get new tires and iv been talking to a few people and someone sugested getting 2 dif types of tires for the front and the rear. I was looking to get the Pilot Sport PS2 for the front and Nitto Nt05 for the rear. Is this smart or should I just keep it all the same.

This is my DD at the moment. I will have a winter car so it wont be driven in any sort of snow or ice or extrem cold. I want them to be good in wet and dry. I drive this car like I stole it! They might go the the 1/4 track about 2 times a year if that. I also have 458 RWHP if that makes any difference. If you have any ideas on what tires I should get also, I am always open for ideas.
Man1acs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
What you might want to consider is buy a matching set for DDing, and a pair of WHEELS and TIRES for the REARS of a different/stickier tread compound for the track.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
What you might want to consider is buy a matching set for DDing, and a pair of WHEELS and TIRES for the REARS of a different/stickier tread compound for the track.
Excellent advise from Sir Nuke. You really can't get much better than the OEM PZeros for a Daily Driver Wet/Dry Summer Performance Tire. I think TireRack sells the stock sizes for a pretty good deal.
QA1 DA Front Coilovers, Strange Engineering DA Rear Coilovers, Mike Norris Catch-Can, V-Max CNC PTB, Aeromotive Fuel Rails.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
Man1acs

I do alot of road raceing on tracks. I kinda need a higher proformance tire. I know the tread life might not be great but thats fine. It just needs to get me where I need to go every day and proform well when I drop the clutch and launch or take a turn.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man1acs View Post
I do alot of road raceing on tracks. I kinda need a higher proformance tire. I know the tread life might not be great but thats fine. It just needs to get me where I need to go every day and proform well when I drop the clutch and launch or take a turn.
I think in your situation, I would look at the Nitto Invo's. I think as far as performance, they are better than the PZero's (at least from what I've heard), and they are more suited to road racing than the NT05's.
QA1 DA Front Coilovers, Strange Engineering DA Rear Coilovers, Mike Norris Catch-Can, V-Max CNC PTB, Aeromotive Fuel Rails.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #6
Man1acs

I was thinking Invos or N05 its such hard choice, Invos better in rain but the N05 are not bad eirther.