Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #51
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,795
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Hey PQ, learn how to take pics with your iPhone son!! Save your pennies for a new bottom end!! Even with a 3.2 and the cam helping lower the boost you will be entering the "borrowed time" range. At least run some race gas when you beat that bitch.
Ok. On my iPhone the pics are sideways. But on the PC they are normal. I used MS Picture Manager to do turn them. WTF?
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:35 PM   #52
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,861
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Fair, but in a year I would be the same regarless. Even if I got another 15 rwhp with a bigger cam, I'd still want more after a year.
15hp....... you think too small lol

BUT, I'm pretty content. I think I'll hit my limit this time. And this LS3/L99 bottom end can only take so much. I'll be happy to keep it tame.
it can take plenty. water methanol install next...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Sweet. I really am done though.
I remember saying that when I sprayed 100 shot... then 125... then 150... then 175...then... well you get the picture...lol



Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ok. On my iPhone the pics are sideways. But on the PC they are normal. I used MS Picture Manager to do turn them. WTF?
get rid of the iphone?
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:43 PM   #53
SGOS252382


 
SGOS252382's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 6,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
call me in a year and tell me you are still content with your power level.
I'm remember PQ back in 09 saying he was going to stay stock. Now he's in need of an intervention for a very contagious modding addiction.

Once you're hooked, its hard to stop.
__________________
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #54
mikeSS


 
mikeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 7,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
I'm remember PQ back in 09 saying he was going to stay stock. Now he's in need of an intervention for a very contagious modding addiction.

Once you're hooked, its hard to stop.
hahah
__________________

2010 camaro cammed- sold
2013 E92 V8 M3 DCT ZCP
C7 Z06 next
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #55
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,795
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:47 AM   #56
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,861
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
I'm remember PQ back in 09 saying he was going to stay stock. Now he's in need of an intervention for a very contagious modding addiction.

Once you're hooked, its hard to stop.

its easy to stop...


once you're out of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #57
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..
 
hypurone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC LPO Rallies
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cali - NorthBay
Posts: 2,009
Send a message via AIM to hypurone Send a message via MSN to hypurone Send a message via Yahoo to hypurone
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
its easy to stop...


once you're out of money.
Nah, then you start doing things you wouldn't normally do to get the money!!
__________________
I can be used as a bad example! - Born on 10/05/09 MyCamaroBuildInfo
hypurone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:30 AM   #58
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,461
2 words

Cut Outs

You have heard mine and while they have it it is easy to do.


I am glad Ron is taking care of this for you. I know you will be happy when you get it back.

Remember he dyno'd mine with my 22's on it so that can give you some sort of idea of what you are getting. Mine made 463 with the cut outs open, and oh it went 191 mph
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #59
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,795
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
No money for cut-outs.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #60
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,461
I know wishful thinking, but they do sound good.
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #61
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,795
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I know wishful thinking, but they do sound good.
Holy crap. They sound heavenly. I'm just on a big time budget this time around.

I'd loved to have just had them throw yours in there. Get you some cash, and save me some. I e-mailed Ron but I think it's too late. This morning he said they were sliding it in.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #62
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Holy crap. They sound heavenly. I'm just on a big time budget this time around.

I'd loved to have just had them throw yours in there. Get you some cash, and save me some. I e-mailed Ron but I think it's too late. This morning he said they were sliding it in.
It's all good my brother. I can't wait to see the videos of your beast when you get it back. I am interested to see your numbers with the 22's on it now that you have a cam going in. I have always been told that a S/C is roughly 140 bolt on HP. I am hoping you make around 525 or so.
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #63
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,795
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
It's all good my brother. I can't wait to see the videos of your beast when you get it back. I am interested to see your numbers with the 22's on it now that you have a cam going in. I have always been told that a S/C is roughly 140 bolt on HP. I am hoping you make around 525 or so.
I am kinda using the 525 as a beggining. I'll be ok with that but hope for a little more. SAFELY of course.

Dude. Call Ron and let him know. He just told me that he was about an hour away from the swap. He'll need to hear from you. As long as it's the exact same cam, I'm fine.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #64
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,461
OK I call him
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:59 PM   #65
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,795
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ


How's THAT for use of the boards......???
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #66
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,461
Done deal, I'll PM you
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #67
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,795
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Sweet.

Always nice to save a little money. LOL
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #68
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,382
I thought John's was a stage II and your getting stage I.....
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #69
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,795
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I thought John's was a stage II and your getting stage I.....
Yup. But John had bought a stage 1 first. AFTER the one from Janetty. Ultimately ended up with a stage 2.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #70
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,382
Oh, I see what's happening here. Gotcha!

EIDT: perfect example of jumping in the middle of an A > B conversation!
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #71
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Sweet.

Always nice to save a little money. LOL
Yepper, always nice to do that , Bonnie will love me for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I thought John's was a stage II and your getting stage I.....
Remember I had it changed twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Yup. But John had bought a stage 1 first. AFTER the one from Janetty. Ultimately ended up with a stage 2.
You are so Johnny on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Oh, I see what's happening here. Gotcha!

EIDT: perfect example of jumping in the middle of an A > B conversation!
Never Norm , you are always helpful
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #72
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,382
I got a feeling someone is on the phone right now......and maybe doing a cost analysis of a certain 'toy'.........
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #73
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Why would I do that? Be a waste of money. When if it starts to go out THEN I do it. I may never have to do it.
LOL... I said the same thing right before the fest... "why change good parts"... Exactly two days after returning tranny got re-built... Camaro21 almost ran me down in the shootout due to tranny slipping. But I'd still do it the same way again... you could last forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Fair, but in a year I would be the same regarless. Even if I got another 15 rwhp with a bigger cam, I'd still want more after a year.

BUT, I'm pretty content. I think I'll hit my limit this time. And this LS3/L99 bottom end can only take so much. I'll be happy to keep it tame.
Good to know your limit... we all learned a huge lesson last weekend when Chris rolled his car 4 times due to rod through block... Roll cage should be next on your list...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #74
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,795
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
LOL... I said the same thing right before the fest... "why change good parts"... Exactly two days after returning tranny got re-built... Camaro21 almost ran me down in the shootout due to tranny slipping. But I'd still do it the same way again... you could last forever

Good to know your limit... we all learned a huge lesson last weekend when Chris rolled his car 4 times due to rod through block... Roll cage should be next on your list...
I remember. But you have more power than I do and track it way more. But you are right. I'll beggin a little savings account for the iminent breakdown.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #75
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"
 
bi11ymc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I am kinda using the 525 as a beggining. I'll be ok with that but hope for a little more. SAFELY of course.

Dude. Call Ron and let him know. He just told me that he was about an hour away from the swap. He'll need to hear from you. As long as it's the exact same cam, I'm fine.
Yeah, 525 is where I ended up with a 'baby cam', zero fuel system upgrades, and stock pulley.
__________________
Silver Street - 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, SIM, Gray, Cyber Gray Rally Stripes, Polished Wheels, Automatic (L99) - 553 RWHP/510 RWTQ

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chronicle of the Red Devil - a Lingenfeltered and Pedderized 2010 Camaro 600hp-lpe Member Car Journals 86 09-14-2011 06:17 AM
My Story on Geting my Dream Car. aberafik USA - California 7 10-07-2010 02:24 AM
2010 Chevrolet Camaro makes finalist list for 2010 World Car Design of the Year Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 37 02-17-2010 04:22 PM
Cam Headers Intake Tune 446 RWHP 430 RWTQ JANNETTYRACING Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 72 11-25-2009 03:09 PM
2010 Chevy Camaro SS Indy 500 Pace Car Drive linkwpc Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 0 05-23-2009 09:47 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.