Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #188
TCAT


 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: Has Wheels
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
No I meant if you want to do cradle bushings then everyone says do this bushing then that bushing. That kind of can lol. I am gong Pfadt for the most part, at some point Hotchkis rear brace and Pfadt strut brace. Don't care about name as long as it's good. I was going to replace toe link and trailing arms which have the new bushings but Jason says I don't need it. But still thinking of trailing arms just because of the sway bar mount weakness.
Haha, yeah I definitely see a lot of suspension threads going that direction too. Lots of people are like due hard fans of a particular company. I think there are a pod group of suspension vendors, and whichever one offers a quality product for a competitive price, I'll be there. I just hope I make the right decision the first go around. I may go all out and get the more expensive bushings that I REALLY want, since I don't want to drop out the rear end and pay for labor twice to get previous ones changed out.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #189
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX
 
Inferno LSX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Haha, yeah I definitely see a lot of suspension threads going that direction too. Lots of people are like due hard fans of a particular company. I think there are a pod group of suspension vendors, and whichever one offers a quality product for a competitive price, I'll be there. I just hope I make the right decision the first go around. I may go all out and get the more expensive bushings that I REALLY want, since I don't want to drop out the rear end and pay for labor twice to get previous ones changed out.
True, I installed all the Pedders bushings before I went Supercharged. Mike stocks all the pedders stuff and I'm sure he will honor the sale price online. Give him a call and tell him their on sale.
__________________
Inferno LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #190
TCAT


 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: Has Wheels
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,563
Bitchin, thanks Jason.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #191
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
The sway bar bolts to the LCA not the trailing arm. For what you do not sure you need the arms and links. If you were to talk to Mike I'm almost sure he would say do bushings first.
Oh shit my bad lol. I know Mike would say bushings and that is a fortune. To me sways and springs are needed more. I would like to do the diff bush and cradle but not sure what that install would cost.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #192
TCAT


 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: Has Wheels
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,563
The install on some cradle bushings and diff are a lot due to labor. I'm not sure how much Mike would charge though. The good thing is that the labor is minimal when doing the diff. bushings as long as your getting the subframe bushing done at the same time since the cradle is dropped anyhow.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #193
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
The install on some cradle bushings and diff are a lot due to labor. I'm not sure how much Mike would charge though. The good thing is that the labor is minimal when doing the diff. bushings as long as your getting the subframe bushing done at the same time since the cradle is dropped anyhow.

Yeah while the rear is down might as well do both. Mike is too far for me. It's my dd And He is far from my work.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #194
TCAT


 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: Has Wheels
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,563
Yeah, the diff bushings are cheap as hell too. The subs are a heart breaker, lol.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #195
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Yeah, the diff bushings are cheap as hell too. The subs are a heart breaker, lol.
Agreed. Pfadt solid mounts ftw.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #196
TCAT


 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: Has Wheels
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,563
Yeah, I wish they weren't so expensive, but they are top notch. You normally get what you pay for. I have other Pfadt components in my car and love them, so I can imagine I see subframe and diff bushings, as well as trailing arms and toes in my future. Plus, they look farkin awesome.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #197
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,763
you need some under car bling lol
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #198
TCAT


 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: Has Wheels
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,563
Lol, fo' reals B.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #199
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX
 
Inferno LSX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Oh shit my bad lol. I know Mike would say bushings and that is a fortune. To me sways and springs are needed more. I would like to do the diff bush and cradle but not sure what that install would cost.
I'm not gonna say any prices, but if the bushings are 25% off with install you might be closer to the cost of arms and links than you think.
__________________
Inferno LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #200
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX
 
Inferno LSX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Yeah, I wish they weren't so expensive, but they are top notch. You normally get what you pay for. I have other Pfadt components in my car and love them, so I can imagine I see subframe and diff bushings, as well as trailing arms and toes in my future. Plus, they look farkin awesome.
Just farking awesome!

__________________
Inferno LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #201
TCAT


 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: Has Wheels
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,563
That's definitely undercarriage suspension porn right there!
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #202
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
I'm not gonna say any prices, but if the bushings are 25% off with install you might be closer to the cost of arms and links than you think.
Lol OK. Still thinking. Need new shoes too lol
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #203
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX
 
Inferno LSX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Lol OK. Still thinking. Need new shoes too lol
And the list goes on...
__________________
Inferno LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #204
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
And the list goes on...

Never ends bro. Sways and springs fo sho. Maybe powder coat my wheels. Don't feel like dumping coin on a new set.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom Painted Inferno Orange 4-Pack Gauge Cluster For Sale Not Paid 4 Interior Parts & Accessories 21 11-09-2010 04:56 PM
Inferno ??? Does it look more red or more orange HMWH 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 24 10-21-2009 05:12 PM
WANTED 2ss/rs auto black w inferno orange interior fatvit0 Autos For Sale / Wanted 1 09-14-2009 06:42 PM
Inferno Orange Interior ?? Zeus95 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 19 11-17-2008 02:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.