Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
horizon670
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2011, 11:53 PM   #176
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX
 
Inferno LSX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Nice.

Jason whatch think. Hoping my bonus will be here next week. Thinking about sways, springs, toe and control arms all from Pfadt. Don't think I will have enough for bushings or should I do just bushings? Don't plan on doing many auto x's but a few over the next year. It's my dd and what I listed imo is needed pronto. Thanks homie
Do the springs and sways. No need for the arms and links. Use that $$$ on other things.
__________________
Inferno LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:54 PM   #177
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX
 
Inferno LSX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoMBiE_KMF View Post
This is such an awesome car.
Thanks Zombie!
__________________
Inferno LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:08 AM   #178
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
Do the springs and sways. No need for the arms and links. Use that $$$ on other things.

Thanks bro. That's what I wanted to hear. Don't want to buy if I don't need it yet. See ya Saturday.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:11 AM   #179
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX
 
Inferno LSX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Thanks bro. That's what I wanted to hear. Don't want to buy if I don't need it yet. See ya Saturday.
Cool. See you Sat.
__________________
Inferno LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:13 PM   #180
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Alright man. Got a questions for ya. So, Pedders is having a Christmas sale for $25% off parts. That's a huge savings. So, I was thinking of ordering either of ther subframe bushings, EP1201 full bushings, or their EP1201HD full bushings. Now, they offer their regular EP1201 bushings for like $360 once the sucking is applied. That's HALF the price of Pfadts subframe bushings. Now, Pfadt are nicer in my opinion. However, the Pedders bushings are supposed to be good for cars over 500rwhp. I plan to stay in the 600-650 soon and sit there for a while. If these regular EP1201 Pedders bushings will do, I'll definitely go that route since they are half the price of the Pfadts. That could pay for my labor for installation.

What's your thoughts man, as I know you have Pedders. Did they make a noticeable difference, and did you get the EP1201 or EP1201HD?

I don't track my car (maybe I will a couple times a year next year) and just need bushings that will allow the rear to hook well (once I get new DR's and trailings arms as well) and still be streetable without blowing the budget. If Pfadts were A LOT better performing, than I'd get those, but I can't imagine they are too far apart. The Pedders may have a little movement but barely, and Pfadts have none.
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #181
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX
 
Inferno LSX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,613
Tommy you need the HD ones. No question! I'm running the pedders HD ones. And while your at it get the Diff bushings. The rear sub frame will be out might as well change them all. If you want to go a little farther as I did as get the upper rear control arm bushings too.
__________________
Inferno LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #182
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Crap. Lol. I think those end up at like $460 after discount which is still good. Okay, l'll give this some thought for sure. Thanks man.
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:27 PM   #183
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Crap. Lol. I think those end up at like $460 after discount which is still good. Okay, l'll give this some thought for sure. Thanks man.
Tammy is gong to open a can or worms lol.


Jason I was thinking about getting the trailing arm since the stock one is weak where the sway bolts up. Waste or no? I know pfadt makes the tab but seems kinda half ass.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #184
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Haha, Stephanie, why a can of worms? Is the bushing subject a sensitive one because from checking around, it seems so? I've been checking around and people like to do the whole Pedders versus Pfadt thing which is stupid as shit. I could care less who it comes from as long as its a good product and fits the bill for my intended use .
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #185
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,735
No I meant if you want to do cradle bushings then everyone says do this bushing then that bushing. That kind of can lol. I am gong Pfadt for the most part, at some point Hotchkis rear brace and Pfadt strut brace. Don't care about name as long as it's good. I was going to replace toe link and trailing arms which have the new bushings but Jason says I don't need it. But still thinking of trailing arms just because of the sway bar mount weakness.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #186
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX
 
Inferno LSX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Tammy is gong to open a can or worms lol.


Jason I was thinking about getting the trailing arm since the stock one is weak where the sway bolts up. Waste or no? I know pfadt makes the tab but seems kinda half ass.
The sway bar bolts to the LCA not the trailing arm. For what you do not sure you need the arms and links. If you were to talk to Mike I'm almost sure he would say do bushings first.
__________________
Inferno LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #187
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX
 
Inferno LSX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
No I meant if you want to do cradle bushings then everyone says do this bushing then that bushing. That kind of can lol. I am gong Pfadt for the most part, at some point Hotchkis rear brace and Pfadt strut brace. Don't care about name as long as it's good. I was going to replace toe link and trailing arms which have the new bushings but Jason says I don't need it. But still thinking of trailing arms just because of the sway bar mount weakness.
I'm running the reinforcement tab and I've pushed the corners hard through the canyons and no issues yet "knock on wood". Chuck (cterry) is the only one I've know to crack that sway bar tab.
__________________
Inferno LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #188
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
No I meant if you want to do cradle bushings then everyone says do this bushing then that bushing. That kind of can lol. I am gong Pfadt for the most part, at some point Hotchkis rear brace and Pfadt strut brace. Don't care about name as long as it's good. I was going to replace toe link and trailing arms which have the new bushings but Jason says I don't need it. But still thinking of trailing arms just because of the sway bar mount weakness.
Haha, yeah I definitely see a lot of suspension threads going that direction too. Lots of people are like due hard fans of a particular company. I think there are a pod group of suspension vendors, and whichever one offers a quality product for a competitive price, I'll be there. I just hope I make the right decision the first go around. I may go all out and get the more expensive bushings that I REALLY want, since I don't want to drop out the rear end and pay for labor twice to get previous ones changed out.
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #189
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX
 
Inferno LSX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Haha, yeah I definitely see a lot of suspension threads going that direction too. Lots of people are like due hard fans of a particular company. I think there are a pod group of suspension vendors, and whichever one offers a quality product for a competitive price, I'll be there. I just hope I make the right decision the first go around. I may go all out and get the more expensive bushings that I REALLY want, since I don't want to drop out the rear end and pay for labor twice to get previous ones changed out.
True, I installed all the Pedders bushings before I went Supercharged. Mike stocks all the pedders stuff and I'm sure he will honor the sale price online. Give him a call and tell him their on sale.
__________________
Inferno LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #190
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Bitchin, thanks Jason.
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #191
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
The sway bar bolts to the LCA not the trailing arm. For what you do not sure you need the arms and links. If you were to talk to Mike I'm almost sure he would say do bushings first.
Oh shit my bad lol. I know Mike would say bushings and that is a fortune. To me sways and springs are needed more. I would like to do the diff bush and cradle but not sure what that install would cost.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #192
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
The install on some cradle bushings and diff are a lot due to labor. I'm not sure how much Mike would charge though. The good thing is that the labor is minimal when doing the diff. bushings as long as your getting the subframe bushing done at the same time since the cradle is dropped anyhow.
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #193
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
The install on some cradle bushings and diff are a lot due to labor. I'm not sure how much Mike would charge though. The good thing is that the labor is minimal when doing the diff. bushings as long as your getting the subframe bushing done at the same time since the cradle is dropped anyhow.

Yeah while the rear is down might as well do both. Mike is too far for me. It's my dd And He is far from my work.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #194
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Yeah, the diff bushings are cheap as hell too. The subs are a heart breaker, lol.
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #195
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Yeah, the diff bushings are cheap as hell too. The subs are a heart breaker, lol.
Agreed. Pfadt solid mounts ftw.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #196
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Yeah, I wish they weren't so expensive, but they are top notch. You normally get what you pay for. I have other Pfadt components in my car and love them, so I can imagine I see subframe and diff bushings, as well as trailing arms and toes in my future. Plus, they look farkin awesome.
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #197
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,735
you need some under car bling lol
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #198
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Lol, fo' reals B.
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #199
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX
 
Inferno LSX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Oh shit my bad lol. I know Mike would say bushings and that is a fortune. To me sways and springs are needed more. I would like to do the diff bush and cradle but not sure what that install would cost.
I'm not gonna say any prices, but if the bushings are 25% off with install you might be closer to the cost of arms and links than you think.
__________________
Inferno LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #200
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX
 
Inferno LSX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Yeah, I wish they weren't so expensive, but they are top notch. You normally get what you pay for. I have other Pfadt components in my car and love them, so I can imagine I see subframe and diff bushings, as well as trailing arms and toes in my future. Plus, they look farkin awesome.
Just farking awesome!

__________________
Inferno LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom Painted Inferno Orange 4-Pack Gauge Cluster For Sale Not Paid 4 Interior Parts & Accessories 21 11-09-2010 03:56 PM
Inferno ??? Does it look more red or more orange HMWH 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 24 10-21-2009 04:12 PM
WANTED 2ss/rs auto black w inferno orange interior fatvit0 Autos For Sale / Wanted 1 09-14-2009 05:42 PM
Inferno Orange Interior ?? Zeus95 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 19 11-17-2008 01:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.