Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
First show on Sunday

Hi All,

Wife and I are bringing "Catharine" to her first show this Sunday 6/26 and need some advice. RICOA is about 70 miles away.

Want the car to look its best, so am washing and waxing it at home. But after an hour or two driving, what do I do after I get there?

I don't want to dust it with a duster and put scratches in the finish. Should I use quick detailer spray? That doesn't sound like a good idea either. Do I just go "au naturel" (the car, not me) and leave it slightly dirty, to preserve the finish?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated! I want to keep the color, that Catherine and others in Oshawa worked so hard to paint, free from swirl marks and any other imperfections!

Last edited by OrangeVert; 06-25-2011 at 03:58 AM.
OrangeVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:37 AM   #2
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"

Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Paul, dont you worry. You park next to me and youll be all set

My trunk will be full of supplys.

Typically i use the quick detail spray with a clean microfiber cloth, wipe on wipe off, then i whip out my windex and hit the windshield for the bugs. The one thing i might do for this long trip is painters tape on my lower GFX in the front, big convoy means possible rock chips.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Quick detailer will do the trick Paul. Park next to Tim
and he'll fix you right up!! Both of you have fun and
send me a pic of both cars parked together
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car

Last edited by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet; 06-25-2011 at 07:14 AM. Reason: spelling
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #4
race29
Robin

Drives: 1983 Z28, 2010 2SSRS Camaro
IT was a great time and the answer that I got when we got there to the detailing question......it's good enough....lol .....we need to work on that. It was great to meet you.
race29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"

Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Becky here is your Picture
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Like these guys stated... a little Detail Spray (but more ideally waterless wash as you'll have some heavier dust) to get the paint ready, depending on the way your tires look when you get there a little Super VRT on the rubber once you get to your spot is always a nice touch.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #7
third_shift|studios

Drives: Former WS.6 owner
Send a message via AIM to third_shift|studios
Gosh, I'm just not a fan of spraying a dry car then wiping it. With all due respect to Adams as I have and use their products professionally. My suggestion is bring a gallon of water and a bucket + your favorite sponge. Spray the area with adams waterless wash, dunk your sponge then gently wipe in light, even strokes over the paint. (don't scrub, don't make circles, just glide it over the paint). Do 1 section at a time drying it with a big MF towel after completed (the hood/front fenders, then roof and doors, then rear bumper/hatch, do the rims last with an small MF towel). Follow it with Adams QD (love this stuff!!!!!). Little tip: if you spray QD on the still wet car, you will save yourself a step and it will dry to a slick finish after you wipe it with your towel.
third_shift|studios is offline   Reply With Quote