Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #1
D1ABOLIK
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 60
D3 CTS V6 Supercharger

So I was looking at D3's website and I see no reason why that same supercharger set up would not work with our cars as well, all you will need is the correct tune. Im going to try and give them a call tommorow and see whats up. Anyone have any thoughts on the compatability?

http://www.d3cadillac.com/feature-ve...d3-cts-3-6di-s

Last edited by D1ABOLIK; 06-26-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: forgot link
D1ABOLIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,660
this already been discussed here plenty.. D3 even got on here and said that if the demand is there they will build for our camaro.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
D1ABOLIK
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 60
From what I see there is a damand for either an SC or Turbo, I hope something good pops up soon. I love my car I just want a little more power to go with it.
D1ABOLIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
IROCanSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 89 IROC 350
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Back roads, southern Ohio
Posts: 12,518
Voices from the back say...

Just get an SS. You'll be money and performance ahead right out of the box... and can go alot further if you want to mod.

I'm not knocking the 6 it's just not very mod friendly bc it's pretty maxed out from the factory and the tunes are hard to write.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,365
I can see how it would be totally cool to supercharge a V6 and really surprise some people. That does sound like a hell of a lot of fun. I hope they come out with it.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
D1ABOLIK
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 60
I know and agree it would be easier to get an SS and I might wind up doing so next year if they dont come out with more mods for the V6, but I would really like to mod out a V6 just because it would be cool to see it done. Unfortunately GM just doesnt seem to be cooperative when it comes to other companies and V6 mods
D1ABOLIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #7
Ir0nM4n


 
Ir0nM4n's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Voices from the back say...

Just get an SS. You'll be money and performance ahead right out of the box... and can go alot further if you want to mod.

I'm not knocking the 6 it's just not very mod friendly bc it's pretty maxed out from the factory and the tunes are hard to write.
Not even relevant to the discussion.

Troll like.

V-8 owner goes to V-6 thread and say's something about buying a V-8 instead of posting something useful about OP's discussion. Then says not knocking a V-6. Not mod friendly, maxed out, you should tell that to the people getting a V-6 ready for SEMA. Here is the thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150494 then they could cut all the sponsers and inform them of your revelation. That would save us all alot of wasted money.
__________________
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #8
MagnumForceGB

 
MagnumForceGB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 / 2014 Mustang 5.0
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle, OK
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
Not even relevant to the discussion.

Troll like.

V-8 owner goes to V-6 thread and say's something about buying a V-8 instead of posting something useful about OP's discussion. Then says not knocking a V-6. Not mod friendly, maxed out, you should tell that to the people getting a V-6 ready for SEMA. Here is the thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150494 then they could cut all the sponsers and inform them of your revelation. That would save us all alot of wasted money.
Wait until the ZL1 comes out, then we can ask them what the point of modding the SS is.

As for the topic, I would like to see a supercharger on one, I'm trying to save up money for it right now since I have a better paying job now. I just don't know how many shops in Oklahoma City would be up to the task. Need to make sure the intake is near the same area as stock since I have the ADM scoop.
__________________
MagnumForceGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:00 PM   #9
MIT'13
 
MIT'13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT / RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Island, NY / Cambridge, MA
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Voices from the back say...

Just get an SS. You'll be money and performance ahead right out of the box... and can go alot further if you want to mod.

I'm not knocking the 6 it's just not very mod friendly bc it's pretty maxed out from the factory and the tunes are hard to write.
Unnecessary and incorrect.

But back to the original post, this has been brought up quite a while ago. I am unsure why they haven't been working on this system yet, since quite a bit of enthusiasm was shown for the other FI systems in this forum. Now that there are already 2 turbochargers out, it would be great to see a supercharger.
__________________
1944 Willys Jeep
2010 Camaro RS IMB w/ Sound System upgrade + Sunroof, Chrome gills
MIT'13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #10
D1ABOLIK
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 60
What are the two turbos? I know about the STS setup, but what's the other?
D1ABOLIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #11
OOLIE

 
OOLIE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 LS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 1,644
Tracy at RX performance built Gretchins and I believe IPS jeff is another along with sts. Tracy has a twin turbo set up I know for sure. Just some minor adjustments he is working on to get more boost, but it has been working well for months on Gretchins car with I think 6 psi can't remember for sure. If I had the dough right now I wouldn't bat an eye to grab this one up. No question ask around Tracy knows his stuff. Not knocking anyone else, I just have had the experience going to his shop and having him do some things on my car.
__________________
OOLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #12
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIT'13 View Post
Unnecessary and incorrect.

But back to the original post, this has been brought up quite a while ago. I am unsure why they haven't been working on this system yet, since quite a bit of enthusiasm was shown for the other FI systems in this forum. Now that there are already 2 turbochargers out, it would be great to see a supercharger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
Tracy at RX performance built Gretchins and I believe IPS jeff is another along with sts. Tracy has a twin turbo set up I know for sure. Just some minor adjustments he is working on to get more boost, but it has been working well for months on Gretchins car with I think 6 psi can't remember for sure. If I had the dough right now I wouldn't bat an eye to grab this one up. No question ask around Tracy knows his stuff. Not knocking anyone else, I just have had the experience going to his shop and having him do some things on my car.
Yeah there are two options out on cars right now. The problem is no one is really buying them. We can't expect many mods for our platform if companies develop then and no one buys.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:16 AM   #13
hapisok
crazier than a coconut
 
hapisok's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
Not even relevant to the discussion.

Troll like.

V-8 owner goes to V-6 thread and say's something about buying a V-8 instead of posting something useful about OP's discussion. Then says not knocking a V-6. Not mod friendly, maxed out, you should tell that to the people getting a V-6 ready for SEMA. Here is the thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150494 then they could cut all the sponsers and inform them of your revelation. That would save us all alot of wasted money.
well said
__________________
hapisok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #14
E.T.


 
E.T.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,139
I would buy a supercharger for sure, but I'm not really interested in a turbo.
__________________

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #15
ARMYRockyMtn
 
ARMYRockyMtn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 112
As I've spoken to you before and read these threads extensively.....my ONLY holdup is my severance check from the Army when I medically retire within a month or so......as soon as that comes in, Gretchen will have a neighbor....



Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Yeah there are two options out on cars right now. The problem is no one is really buying them. We can't expect many mods for our platform if companies develop then and no one buys.
__________________
ARMYRockyMtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:28 PM   #16
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMYRockyMtn View Post
As I've spoken to you before and read these threads extensively.....my ONLY holdup is my severance check from the Army when I medically retire within a month or so......as soon as that comes in, Gretchen will have a neighbor....


Yeah, it will be the battle across the river! When work slows down I'm going to have to take you over to see the guys at Southern Street Machines. They're alright (for Ford guys)!
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #17
Orange5thGen

 
Orange5thGen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Convert
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,057
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
I can't wait to come down there and join you from Chitown, C5Fest next year will be awesome with a few of us having twin turbo setups when it is in the Midwest somewhere!
__________________
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #18
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange5thGen View Post
I can't wait to come down there and join you from Chitown, C5Fest next year will be awesome with a few of us having twin turbo setups when it is in the Midwest somewhere!
Yes, it will be interesting. Hope the LS3/L99 guys let us play this year!

Hope your father is doing well.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #19
Ir0nM4n


 
Ir0nM4n's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Yes, it will be interesting. Hope the LS3/L99 guys let us play this year!
What do you mean? Why would they not let a non LS3/L99 Camaro play. C5 is friendly to all Camaros V-8 or V-6. I am sure there is no bias at the C5 events.
__________________
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #20
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
What do you mean? Why would they not let a non LS3/L99 Camaro play. C5 is friendly to all Camaros V-8 or V-6. I am sure there is no bias at the C5 events.
Just a joke. Last time they had a shoot out between the two versions of the SS. This next time hopefully we'll have a few LLTs that can compete.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #21
Ir0nM4n


 
Ir0nM4n's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Just a joke. Last time they had a shoot out between the two versions of the SS. This next time hopefully we'll have a few LLTs that can compete.
__________________
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #22
wileecoyote
 
wileecoyote's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 44
I would think this SC would be close to plug and play as the motor is the same /similar. Ya'll have to remember that SC does come at a cost whereas Turbo's are basically free power coming off the exhaust instead of the motor spinning the SC. That said, bring on the development and make them reliable and easy to install without the need for a FI specialist to tune, AND IM IN!! Until then Im happy to cruise around in a 300+HP car that gets 30mpg. Its quick enough.............................for now.
wileecoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #23
MIT'13
 
MIT'13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT / RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Island, NY / Cambridge, MA
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Yeah there are two options out on cars right now. The problem is no one is really buying them. We can't expect many mods for our platform if companies develop then and no one buys.
This is true. I am honestly planning on adding one of these kits one day, but I am a bit paranoid and am waiting until my warranty wears off before doing so (the timing is convenient enough to make a nice graduation present...)
__________________
1944 Willys Jeep
2010 Camaro RS IMB w/ Sound System upgrade + Sunroof, Chrome gills
MIT'13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I own a SS, but rented the V6 Challanger and V6 Camaro aet08 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 75 08-16-2011 12:06 AM
Supercharger V6? not a camaro but same engine! xpanda305x Forced Induction - V6 2 01-19-2011 06:58 PM
Edelbrock E Force Supercharger with Free Shipping Jason@Phastek Performance Forced Induction 7 12-25-2010 09:29 PM
List of Intakes that will work with the TVS-2300 MagnaCharger JJ2010 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 26 03-19-2010 02:11 AM
5th Gen Camaro LS3 info from Chevy Hi-Po...READ TAG UR IT Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 295 03-07-2008 10:06 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.