Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Trunk Monkey Parts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #127
nascar-n-guns

Drives: 1997 Z28 t-top 30 ann.
cant wait to get it!!!
goin to have to trade in the 97 z28 though, its a shame, the engine is brand new...
Old 06-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #128
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I think it has the normal Camaro hood, the hood vent is simulated in the decal.
If so that sucks :( . I've been wanting that style hood forever but nobody really makes the Jay Leno v6/Bumblebee replica hood. They all have some weird change in them. I don't know if it's because it might be a GM patented hood or not.
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #129
vthokiefan
Stealthy SS

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS w Black Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Is that spoiler the same as the high wing spoiler people are buying now?
Not sure which spoiler you are specifically talking about, but this one doesn't appear to be the same as the GMPP high wing spoiler. The GMPP one looks more like the Charger wing with the slanted ends.

I just got my car a week ago tomorrow and love it but I do wish it had that air scoop in the rear fenders where our gills are... IMHO i think it looks better and the car should've been designed with it from the beginning (and they should've made it a functional rear brake cooling duct on the SS). This has prob already been discussed somewhere on here but just my 2 cents.
vthokiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:23 AM   #130
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Sweet! I like it!
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:27 AM   #131
Trixdout

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
How long are they going to keep the transformer package this time.
Trixdout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:20 AM   #132
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
yeah, I am still curious how much adding Sunrise Gold to the car would add to window sticker
Paint alone:
PCB30 = 87$ a liter, and you need about 9-10 liter to paint the car.

With the work, seeing it's a custom paint job (strip car, sand it down, put base coat, paint the layers-... you'll be looking at, at least 10-12k.
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:35 AM   #133
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondain View Post
IAfter watching the Ultimate Factories edition on the Camaro and seeing/hearing that they can pain the cars any color without changing out the spray guns, I am disenchanted to see they couldn't be bothered to change the color to Sunrise Gold. That much closer to an original Bumblebee might have warranted a $3k price tag.
With "any color" they probably meant any falt/metallic color.

Some colors require a bit more attention... my TVR has a Chameleon paint (£3000 surplus from the factory, on top of the base price, and they're all hand sprayed)

Sunrise Gold can't be sprayed with a standard process, you need more layers to actually paint the car.
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:57 AM   #134
typhoidfvr

Drives: 2010 2SS RS package Black on black
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
More decals and parts out of the parts bin, no huge difference there. There wasn't a ton of folks dishing out the extra $995 MSRP for the first version. That could be because the first version almost didn't happen and was actually late in getting out there. I guess they wanted to see if GM could survive.

I'm having trouble seeing someone dropping and extra $3K on THIS version, especially when the ZL1 is coming around the corner. Maybe I'm wrong. I guess hardcore Transfomer fans would do so. I envision less than 1000 units sold. Just my predicition. Maybe part of the cost is that you're getting the RS package included, although the HIDs is the only thing that seems would make much difference otherwise.

If they just didn't muck it up with that shopping cart spoiler (closest to the movie, true, but it still sucks IMO), I think it would work. ACS has the new hood vent cutouts and the T3 ports for those that want the upgrade there. I think that would really finish the look out, save for the grill. Not thrilled about the yellow stitching, but they don't always have to put stuff on I like anyway.

Notice, too, it's only on the coupe. Too bad they didn't have a drop top version.

Interestingly the concept picture isn't in RY. I'll bet more people will whine about it when they actually see it.

A couple of notes...it's not coming standard as you see it in the pics according to the writeup. The black in the grille area isn't mentioned in the grille area at all, and the ground FX and 21" wheels are options. I'm sure SOMEONE will start working on the grille, though.

Regardless, I hope they sell a million of them.

Good God! Bitch, bitch, bitch,...I hear less complaining and whining in an old folks home! I guess you also don't like that the "Dry my tears!" option was left off of it too!
typhoidfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:22 AM   #135
Optimus

Drives: Former 2010 and 2013 Camaro owner
I have to disagree with the comments that ZL1 buyers and Transformers edition buyers are different people. I love my 2010 Transformers Edition 2SS but I am ready to step up to the ZL1 in 2012. With that said, I would love a Transformers Edition ZL1, especially if GM would get the color right. I'll keep writing them letters stating that I would pay an upcharge for the correct color of "yellow" for Bumblebee. How cool would it be to have a ZL1 in Bumblebee yellow? For me and my kids, that would be freaking awesome. For others, maybe not so much but I am in the market so...
Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:38 AM   #136
rapaleeman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
I'm new to the forums, just bought my first Camaro last week.

I would have bought a TF edition from 2009 if I wasn't stuck in a lease then. I needed a new car now and had to choose whether I was going to wait for this announcement or buy a used TF Edition since I really love the way it looks. Couldn't find a TF edition so I picked up a 2010 2SS in Rally Yellow with the stripe package. Basically the same thing just minus the logos and vinyl.

Glad I bought the one I did. At least the TF edition from 2009 looks like the car from the first movie. While the stripes don't match, everything else looks pretty close in body style. Even my car looks more like Bumblebee than this SE does since this new one is missing the front end styling/body kit. Granted it is from the first movie but still.

This new one looks like a cheap imitation. The only good thing is that it is still a Camaro and if drives anything like mine then at least potential owners have that.
rapaleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:09 AM   #137
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO, 15 Impala, 07 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapaleeman View Post
I'm new to the forums, just bought my first Camaro last week.

I would have bought a TF edition from 2009 if I wasn't stuck in a lease then. I needed a new car now and had to choose whether I was going to wait for this announcement or buy a used TF Edition since I really love the way it looks. Couldn't find a TF edition so I picked up a 2010 2SS in Rally Yellow with the stripe package. Basically the same thing just minus the logos and vinyl.

Glad I bought the one I did. At least the TF edition from 2009 looks like the car from the first movie. While the stripes don't match, everything else looks pretty close in body style. Even my car looks more like Bumblebee than this SE does since this new one is missing the front end styling/body kit. Granted it is from the first movie but still.

This new one looks like a cheap imitation. The only good thing is that it is still a Camaro and if drives anything like mine then at least potential owners have that.
Welcome to the forum, Congrats on getting your Camaro!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #138
mondain

Drives: toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
Could you imagine the backlash if Ford had produced a "I Am Legend" edition of the GT500?
Actually Ford used the movie to show off the new 2007 GT500.
mondain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:15 AM   #139
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO, 15 Impala, 07 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
With "any color" they probably meant any falt/metallic color.

Some colors require a bit more attention... my TVR has a Chameleon paint (£3000 surplus from the factory, on top of the base price, and they're all hand sprayed)

Sunrise Gold can't be sprayed with a standard process, you need more layers to actually paint the car.
Right, they would need a seperate process from all the other cars to paint the TF editions if they wanted to use the Sunrise Yellow..That would be expensive to do. Instead of a $3,000 option I would bet it would be at least $5,000 and probaly that would be just for the color, if you added the front Fascia and hood your price would go up a couple more thousand. and would anyone pay $7K extra just to look like Bumblebee?

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:18 AM   #140
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
What You're really getting for your money!

Base 2LT or Base 2SS ( + $3,000 )

Name:  TF3_Front.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  69.3 KB

Base 2LT or Base 2SS ( + $7,000 approx. for above standard Bumblebee + Ground Effects & 21" Wheels and Tires )

Name:  TF3_FrontAccessory.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  78.6 KB

If I was to do this to mine, which I won't, I would definately be using the right Sunset Gold Paint, Front bumper, Hood, Gound Effects, etc.... Ohterwise, it's just a cheap copy in my books! There are plenty of aftermarket suppliers that can either provide the correct parts / paint or at least a much closer representation to either the T1, T2, or T3 Bumblebee's if you truly want to experience the rush and attention of buying and driving one of these, however, I find that GM's offering of last version T1 Bumblebee was a lot more affordable for most. JMO

Last edited by RetroDude; 06-28-2011 at 08:33 AM. Reason: T1 not T2
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote