Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #101
jkyoung1
IRONMANZX14

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
jkyoung1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #102
kkonopasek
1st Time Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
I would have definitely paid for that package, it looks sweet. I would take off the transformers part on the side of the car though.
kkonopasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #103
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
What's so hard about making it the right way?
This is not what people want.
It's not even like the car prop is that much different than the production cars. The only alleged high price item is the paint color. Whats the excuse for the rest of that mess?
GM needs to stop being cheap and or lazy.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #104
OUTATIME

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I think the package looks nice, but maybe a bit overpriced. I'm more impressed that they photoshopped the color to look more Sunrise Gold than Rally Yellow in the picture . . . The car will look much less like bumblebee in person.
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #105
TattooLost
Tattooed Weirdo

Drives: 2014 Deep Magenta Metallic 2SS/RS
I'd take it. I'm tempted to do some vinyl like that though. Been trying to find something different to do with my new baby. Mine is VR though, but that kinda stripe package would be pretty cool I think.
TattooLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #106
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAgenda View Post
Agreed, wonder if you can get some different color options.
No, see announcement
Quote:
The 2012 Transformers Special Edition will be offered as a $3,000 package on 2LT and 2SS Camaro Coupes with Rally Yellow paint. In addition to the content offered in the popular RS appearance package, the Transformers edition will feature black rally stripes that stretch over the hood, roof, decklid and unique high-wing rear spoiler; 20-inch, black-painted wheels wrapped in high-performance summer tires; and Autobot Shield logos on the center caps and front quarter panels.
Actually for those complaining about the price, if you subtract the normal price of the RS package and 20" black wheels the cost isn't really that much for the one of a kind items on the special edition

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #107
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
All I'm gonna want off of it is a hood that is unpainted OEM, then get it paint matched for my 2011 1LT in Summit White. Hopefully you can buy it through GMPartsHouse or one of our other sponsors.
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #108
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
All I'm gonna want off of it is a hood that is unpainted OEM, then get it paint matched for my 2011 1LT in Summit White. Hopefully you can buy it through GMPartsHouse or one of our other sponsors.
I think it has the normal Camaro hood, the hood vent is simulated in the decal.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:44 PM   #109
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
I can't wait to get my hands on that steering wheel. It'll complete my interior along with my yellow accent panels.

I hope Becky from Rogers Chevrolet can come through with the part.
BMR adjustable toe-rods. Pedders ZL1 barz, rear cradle inserts, radius arm & steering rack bushings.
Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace (minus tunnel cross-over piece for SCCA rules)
1LE 3.91 gearzzz. Drive Shaft Shop Road Race Axle Upgrade. TurnOne power steering pump.
Forgeline GA3-R 19x11 + Hoosier R6 315/30R19
426 HP @ 5550 RPM / 427 TQ @ 4700 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #110
Ringo
Politically incorrect

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HINEY1 View Post
Trust me, you don't want any door dings!
Rock chips are bad enough!

Make sure you get the right body shop to paint it
It's like anything, some deals are too good to be true >>>>> you get for what you pay for

What did the paint on that cost to get done? Depending on the paint cost, and with all the components you can get from ACS, you could make a lot more accurate Bumblebee than the GM edition for not that much more money.

Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #111
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by edz10ss View Post
I love the paint job. I saw this steering wheel and it doesn't fit this car. The camaro deserves a nice wheel
Just so everyone is clear the stripes are not going to be painted. They will be decals just like all normal rally stripes. The design looks good in the photoshop but here is the problem. The decal stripes are going to look terrible in person and knowing GM they are going to be flat black just like the standard rally stripes....

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #112
mcarney

Drives: SSRS CGM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
What's so hard about making it the right way?
This is not what people want.
It's not even like the car prop is that much different than the production cars. The only alleged high price item is the paint color. Whats the excuse for the rest of that mess?
GM needs to stop being cheap and or lazy.

Most likely Hasbro has Intellectual Property of Bumblebee and his image. Its similar to copywrites... kind of, but is basically in place to prevent something known as "brand confusion". It's also probably why Chevy can't call this "Bumblebee" anywhere in the name, but a deal was obviously worked to say "Transformers Edition".

I guarantee you every transformer toy (produced by Hasbro) looks EXACTLY like the movie version.

When you're really good in a past life, you come back as yourself

mcarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #113
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarney View Post
Most likely Hasbro has Intellectual Property of Bumblebee and his image. Its similar to copywrites... kind of, but is basically in place to prevent something known as "brand confusion". It's also probably why Chevy can't call this "Bumblebee" anywhere in the name, but a deal was obviously worked to say "Transformers Edition".

I guarantee you every transformer toy (produced by Hasbro) looks EXACTLY like the movie version.
I have seen several Bumblebee figures for the T3 movie that look very different from the movie car.

Maybe if you buy one or have the first version you should buy one of these...
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Adult-Deluxe...3#ht_500wt_922

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 06-27-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #114
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
The decal stripes are going to look terrible in person and knowing GM they are going to be flat black just like the standard rally stripes....
The 1st TE stripes are not flat black, and in fact have a nice satin sheen to them. So you might be wrong in assuming.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=139490  3951
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #115
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by efpardo View Post
I Like it
Sorry for the 'jack, but I love that RS stripe on your scoop. Looks awesome in person.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=139490  3951
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #116
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Quote:

Well I could see that if hasbro was the one who actually came up with the design of the camaro. GM would be a fool to agree not to make a production car that looks exactly like the movie version. Sure they would have to license the use of the emblems and the trademark name, but the actual likeness and the look of the car is all GM and owned by GM and I would hope they are not that dumb. hasbro owns the likeness of bumblebee as a robot, not the car.
Esp considering all the autobots are GM vehicles that would of been a major screw up.
Body wise the Leno car is the closest to the movie version, minus the high wing, stripes and fake carbon fiber. So they for some reason thought it was a good idea to make Leno one, why not paying customers? It's not like you are gonna get any better advertisement from Leno than you do from the movie.

I don't believe anything anyone says about it being harder to produce or would screw up the production lines. Wasted low volume paint or too expensive paint, all bs speculation IMHO.

Other than the side mirrors, the car needs to look exactly like the movie version. And I don't think that's asking too much to be honest. It's not like we're talking about the batmobile which clearly could not be made into a street car for a number of reasons. the only difference is the front bumper, spoiler, hood, stripes, side skirts, tail pipes and rear diffuser. The same items that were changed on the zl1.

But, charging 3k for a bunch of stickers is a huge profit with no work.
So to the bean counters, hats off to them. They clearly are earning there keep at GM.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #117
SpunkyMonkey

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Black on Black
Love it !

DaViD
SpunkyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #118
ck204

Drives: X5, FR-S
I knew this was coming and I knew it will be some stupid sticker and logo package again.

IMO the only thing I want in this package is the yellow stitching interior.
ck204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #119
ck204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Service@RevolutionStyling View Post
That color makes the car !!! Anyone thats absolutely wanting the sunrise gold , we are offering a full color change from any color to HOK sunrise gold (bumblebee color) for additional $7800. I know this seems like alot , and it would be ALOT easier and cheaper do it on the line because the entire car is already stripped and de trimmed. This entails removing doors, trunk , hood , fenders, bumpers, glass and everything else we can take off the car , We even spray the engine bay after removing everything. Anyone interested in this please pm , and we can discuss more options , from supercharger , interior to full exterior rebuild including custom rear vented quarter panels.
$7800 is expensive but much better than this stupid $3000 package.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #120
ck204

Quote:

So Hasbro owns the intellectual property of the Bumblebee car design, which is mostly based on Chevy's Camaro(which I assume Chevy owns the copyright of the Camaro's design)?

If this is true then I say GM need to fire the lawyer who agreed to this....
Old 06-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #121
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
I like it!!
ditto
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #122
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Just so everyone is clear the stripes are not going to be painted. They will be decals just like all normal rally stripes. The design looks good in the photoshop but here is the problem. The decal stripes are going to look terrible in person and knowing GM they are going to be flat black just like the standard rally stripes....

The stripes on the T.E. are not standard flat black, they are what GM considers gloss black.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #123
Blackshirt56
Tri County Camaro's 3CC5

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Blackshirt56 Send a message via Skype™ to Blackshirt56
It's PBC30 sunrise yellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
yeah, I am still curious how much adding Sunrise Gold to the car would add to window sticker
Hurst Short Throw
Dyno Tune
5% tints all around

Coming Soon!!!
Kooks Headers 1-7/8
Blackshirt56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #124
rs-lt-camaro-

Drives: ram
I wonder if you would be able to get a sunroof with those stripes
Old 06-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #125
L05ER
displacement whore

Drives: 71 Monte Carlo
so we get a rear wing that looks similar and a color closer to the movie color?

for $3k... i'd expect atleast the TF3 style bumper cover.

will it be TF215 before they just give us a car that looks exactly like the movie car?

Leno TT BB or bust.
L05ER is offline   Reply With Quote