Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

USA - Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

Old 07-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
Purdue2011SS
Boiler Up!! POTFH

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Looking for a shop to do a couple things for my 2SS in Indianapolis

In town at the moment, and wanting to get a couple things done to my new 2SS IOM but looking for a shop or some place that can do it.

Here's what I have in mind:

- Paint Calipers orange
- Paint bowtie's white (or apply white vinyl decals since it's too hard for me to put the front one on)
- Buy and install a CAI intake

Anyone around Indy that can do all or any of the 3 items?

PM me if so - I'm pretty quick at replying to emails.

Thanks.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
1 & 3 can be done by you. Its very easy, and when painting the calipers, you really need to let it dry for about 18 hours (unless you are wanting them powder coated). The CAI is about the easiest mod anyone can do. I have no doubt a Purdue grad could do it.

I can assist with either of these today

I do know there are a couple vinyl stores in greenwood that should be able to do your bowties. I did my front one myself, just took some patience.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
Purdue2011SS
Boiler Up!! POTFH

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
1 & 3 can be done by you. Its very easy, and when painting the calipers, you really need to let it dry for about 18 hours (unless you are wanting them powder coated). The CAI is about the easiest mod anyone can do. I have no doubt a Purdue grad could do it.

I can assist with either of these today

I do know there are a couple vinyl stores in greenwood that should be able to do your bowties. I did my front one myself, just took some patience.
thanks for the reply

for the calipers, it's just something I would want professionally done. Would have to get the exact IOM color (or maybe just a orange thats close enough to IOM would work? ), clear coat, and apply anything else that is needed. I could do it but chances are I could mess up and then they are ruined

The CAI I dont have yet so I would have to buy it. Maybe I'll just buy it and you can help me out while at the Hare event in a couple weeks Again, I read about it and seems pretty easy, and I consider myself pretty smart but when it comes to cars its not my strong suit!

I'll have to hit you up if I decide to go with the CAI.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue2011SS View Post
thanks for the reply

for the calipers, it's just something I would want professionally done. Would have to get the exact IOM color (or maybe just a orange thats close enough to IOM would work? ), clear coat, and apply anything else that is needed. I could do it but chances are I could mess up and then they are ruined

The CAI I dont have yet so I would have to buy it. Maybe I'll just buy it and you can help me out while at the Hare event in a couple weeks Again, I read about it and seems pretty easy, and I consider myself pretty smart but when it comes to cars its not my strong suit!

I'll have to hit you up if I decide to go with the CAI.
no way to mess up your calipers if you paint them yourself, it is super super easy. I do not think anyone has orange to match the IOM color, or I have not ever found anyone that has posted it. They may come close with powder coating, but not painting.

I believe you will have about 50 people that could assist you with the CAI install The roto-fab is what I have and takes nothing to get installed.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #5
formare
Suspension by Pedders

Drives: Synergy Edition 13.71@102 1.95 60'
I live in crown point and can help you install the cai. I installed the injen on mine...