Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-16-2016, 05:51 PM   #1
Ace0751
G3NESYS

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertable
Project G3NESYS "2011 Camaro SS Convertible"

Would like to introduce myself before I get into the build. I joined the forums back in 2014 because that's when I purchased my first muscle car and real toy. I am 31 and go to school part time to earn my 2nd associates degree and next year will be going for my 3rd degree which will be my Bachelors in Computer Science. I also work part time as an professional apprentice at a great company. This year I plan on doing detailing as a side job, funny thing is I never used a buffer or polisher until this year. After practicing on my beater with the buffer, I went ahead and ordered a random orbital polisher and never looked back.

The reason I bought this car because it was an accomplishment going back to school and promising myself, family, and friends that I will earn a degree in the field I love. This promise started back in 2012 working a dead end job at a factory. In August of 2014 I bought the SS out of the blue. I was looking at the 2014 V6 Camaros just to have a nice car finally and something that was drive-able during the winter months. Was also trading in my car and they weren't going to offer what I was asking so that deal never went through. I got a call from a friend that a buddy of his which is a manager of a dealership wants me to look at a Camaro they just got in. The next day I went to the dealership and saw the 2011 Camaro SS sitting right in front. Being a convertible I was a little skeptic because of the winter months. Once I took the test drive the rest was history. Fast forward to today I do not regret at all purchasing this car and it has been my stress reliever for the past two years. It is something I can get into and just not think about anything.

The first day I bought it was the first day I thought about modding it and making it my own. The previous owner didn't take great care of it very well, the rims were scratched and nicked pretty well and there were a few dents I did not see until afterwards. Over the past couple years I have been adding bits and pieces to the car and it is really coming together. Here is the list so far on what is on it.

Performance:
K&N CAI (Not on the car anymore)
Roto-Fab CAI
RX Performance Catch Can
Borla ATAK Catback Exhaust
Stainless Power Headers
Stainless Power Hi Flow Cats
Bo White Throttle Body (Thanks Bo)
Vitesse Throttle Controller (Sold)
Vitesse Paddle Shifters (Sold)
Tuned by RDP Motorsports (Thanks Steve)

Cosmetics:
Factory Reproduction FR41 ZL1 Replica Wheels 20x9 Front, 20x10 Rear
Oracle Ghosted Side Markers
ACS T4 Splitter
Diode Dynamics Dome LED Board Light
Diode Dynamics LED Trunk Light
Diode Dynamics HP5 LED License Plate Lights
Diode Dynamics HP48 LED Fog Lights
Window Tint

Future Mods:
Cam package with ported heads
275 front and 295 rear tires
R1 Concept Slotted Brakes
Hawk Performance Pads
Spark Plugs
Spark Plug Wires
New Engine Cover
Suspension Upgrade
Supercharger????????????

Here are some pics of when I bought the car to what it looks like now along with some pics of the parts.

First Year Of Purchase:

Added Mods:

CFest Last Year (First time ever at the strip)

New Wheels and License Plate (Factory GFX splitter was damaged and was in the process of being painted and installed along with bumper)

Bumper and Splitter Work

Latest Pic (Everything installed with more coming soon)

I will be adding more pics down the road. This has been more than just a car, it's been an accomplishment on what you can do when you stop talking what you want to do in the future and start going out and doing it. Hope everyone enjoyed the story and will keep an eye on future updates.

Last edited by Ace0751; 06-16-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote