Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Gaming Lounge For all the gamers out there - consoles, PC, etc.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters

If you're a comic book fan or a simple "brawler" videogame fan, then pick up (used or on sale, don't pay 50 for it) Green Lantern. I found it used and had some points to burn on my Gamespot card and got it for about 20 bucks.

Aside from the less than stellar voice acting by Ryan Reynolds, its a solid game and its just a fun game to play. Gaining all of the "light powers" is fun. As is using them.

The added bonus is: if you are an achievement or trophy junky, every single one of the achievements are all readily achievable. I played through it one time and got them all but the final one which is was to beat the game on the hardest difficulty.

The nice thing is after you complete the game, you can replay the individual missions with your previous progress (and all upgrades) and you can ramp up the difficulty so it makes getting the harder difficulty achievement easier.

But again, it only lasts about 5-7 hours if you are more than a casual gamer so only pick it up if its used or you rent it/borrow it from a friend.

G-Oil Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:59 AM   #2
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
I skip ALL movie games.

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:47 AM   #3
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk View Post
I skip ALL movie games.
ditto

they are always rushed to market like the toys....

times were better when it took 6+ monthsbfor movie rerlated items to come out.

now even before u can see it, they got end cap crap to sell.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
I think with a lot of these movie games, they just reuse the same old engine, paste new textures, etc.

I might say some of the spiderman games look decent but I would never pay for them.

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #5
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

While this has Green Lantern modeled after Ryan Reynolds, it does NOT follow the storyline of the movie. It's a standalone game.

No Parrallax in the game. It uses a traditional Green Lantern enemy, the Manhunters, hence the name.

But your fears are well founded. Again, I got it super cheap. Had I paid 50-60 bucks I'd have been pissed.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #6
SDubATC

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS 6M CGM w/black stripes
I thought the Wolverine Game was pretty fun, as well as the Ghostbusters game that came out a few years ago.
SDubATC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:32 AM   #7
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDubATC View Post
I thought the Wolverine Game was pretty fun, as well as the Ghostbusters game that came out a few years ago.
Agreed. The Wolverine origins game was indeed pretty good. Better than the movie that's for sure...haha

I haven't had the chance to play the Ghostbusters game.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:53 AM   #8
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
batman arkham?!!! was AWESOME

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:58 AM   #9
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiccaJew View Post
batman arkham?!!! was AWESOME
Batman Arkham was indeed awesome. However, as it was a stand-alone effort with absolutely no movie tie-in, it's not considered a "movie game". The only thing Batman:AA had ties to was the animated series from the 1990s and even then it was just the voices the character designs were all specific to the game. Where as in the Green Lantern game the character designs were all lifted from the movie from earlier this summer.

/anxiously waiting for Arkham City, c'mon October.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #10
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
Batman Arkham was indeed awesome. However, as it was a stand-alone effort with absolutely no movie tie-in, it's not considered a "movie game". The only thing Batman:AA had ties to was the animated series from the 1990s and even then it was just the voices the character designs were all specific to the game. Where as in the Green Lantern game the character designs were all lifted from the movie from earlier this summer.

Hey Luke Skywalkers needs some work too you know. Han Solo can't be the only one to have an acting career after Star Wars.

Last edited by Havok; 07-06-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #11
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post

Me too.

And the Wolverine game was a pleasant surprise. Definitely an exception to the "movie games all suck" rule.