Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:08 AM   #1
CreativeDawn

Drives: 2010 1LT
What .Car Makes respect you on the roads?

I'm curious to know everyone else's stories when all of you out there drive your Camaro's around town, or on road trips etc. I tend to get a lot of respect from Challengers, Mustangs, Camaro's and beaters
Old 10-07-2014, 12:30 AM   #2
CruisingSpeed
Ride This Chevy, Ride...

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
The ones with drivers 25+!!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 01:00 AM   #3
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
Only ones I have ever had an issue with is European. Audi TT owners seem to be the worst, followed by BMW drivers.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:58 AM   #4
trm2

Drives: '13 Volt & '84 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug View Post
Only ones I have ever had an issue with is European. Audi TT owners seem to be the worst, followed by BMW drivers.
It isn't your imagination.

http://theweek.com/article/index/248...-biggest-jerks
trm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:19 AM   #5
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
I live in California. No one respects anyone on the road here. Everyone thinks they own the road and you need to move out of their way. They always have the right of way, regardless of what the actual law says.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:25 AM   #6
SSJ455

Drives: "Jeanie" 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
I can't narrow it down to a make. But I give a lot of respect for those who have old cars (classic muscle or not) that are kept up with and driven.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #7
CreativeDawn

So far I agree with the replies. I'll have to say that I give a lot of respect to drivers riding old muscle-car makes. I came across a 71 Mustang Mach Cobrajet with a really nice sound to it (you can smell the gas). We actually talked about cars for a little bit before he had to head back to work...really nice car!

I also got respect from a couple of AMG M-Benz Drivers recently! We talked about other things as well like where to get your car smogged where the smog shop looks the other way! LOL
Old 10-07-2014, 10:45 AM   #8
CreativeDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
I live in California. No one respects anyone on the road here. Everyone thinks they own the road and you need to move out of their way. They always have the right of way, regardless of what the actual law says.

Yeah, I totally agree! Yesterday I was trying to leave a Gas Station during that 5:00 rush hour traffic, and I must of been passed by like 30+ foreign makes, and not one would budge to let me in so I can get out (clearly saw me trying to squeeze in).

Finally when the light turned red, the nice thing to do is leave a space before the gas station exit so cars inside of the gas station can leave....right? WRONG!

This stupid women decides to block me in and I gave her the evil stink eye in the process when she looked over at me with an admission of guilt (the oh shit look). She then proceeded to look down and take all focus off the light and driving, and started TEXTING somebody....The light turn green, and I counted about 5 seconds before I gave her a nice long honk of my horn to wake her dumbass up.

Finally as she goes, the light starts to turn yellow again so I aggressively jumped right behind her car to where I wouldn't hit her but crawled up her ass to get out of the gas station. I rolled my windows down for some fresh air....Man the Bay Area is a shitfest when it comes to driving, and the massive influx of foreign drivers coming her because they were born into a wealthy family buying the biggest class of a foreign-model car money can by, thinking they can walk over American makes and shit on us.....

Really angers me, and I love how they feel oh-so-entitled!
Old 10-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #9
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
Yeah, I totally agree! Yesterday I was trying to leave a Gas Station during that 5:00 rush hour traffic, and I must of been passed by like 30+ foreign makes, and not one would budge to let me in so I can get out (clearly saw me trying to squeeze in).

Finally when the light turned red, the nice thing to do is leave a space before the gas station exit so cars inside of the gas station can leave....right? WRONG!

This stupid women decides to block me in and I gave her the evil stink eye in the process when she looked over at me with an admission of guilt (the oh shit look). She then proceeded to look down and take all focus off the light and driving, and started TEXTING somebody....The light turn green, and I counted about 5 seconds before I gave her a nice long honk of my horn to wake her dumbass up.

Finally as she goes, the light starts to turn yellow again so I aggressively jumped right behind her car to where I wouldn't hit her but crawled up her ass to get out of the gas station. I rolled my windows down for some fresh air....Man the Bay Area is a shitfest when it comes to driving, and the massive influx of foreign drivers coming her because they were born into a wealthy family buying the biggest class of a foreign-model car money can by, thinking they can walk over American makes and shit on us.....

Really angers me, and I love how they feel oh-so-entitled!
I second this. I live around palo alto, and driving through that is, as you so eloquently put it, a shitstorm. I honestly expect to get into an accident every time I drive through.
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #10
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I am usually too busy dodging crappy drivers to notice who respects my car.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:37 PM   #11
CruisingSpeed
Ride This Chevy, Ride...

Was just run off the road twice today by those 1st gen Saturn Vues. I know its embarassing, but I will be a little pissed when another one crosses my path!
Old 10-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #12
ChrisBlair
Account Suspended

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Delahayes mostly, but some Oaklands and Kaisers too.
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #13
Ragnar

Drives: '14 2SS 1LE
I get a mixed bag, a concrete truck was revving up his engine, and gave me a jester, it was a MACK. Mustangs, some want to race, some give me thumbs up and I do the same. I got an angry look from a dude in a Charger and I don't know why. An occasional fart can, no big deal to me, I just enjoy driving my car around!
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:32 PM   #14
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #15
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Attached Images

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #16
c-57d

Drives: 14 2SS/RS Triple Black Convertible
Silicon Valley here...
prius drivers who are trying to make the world a better place by driving under the speed limit in every lane.
kia and hyundai drivers who think they have a real car.
I actually get respect from the BMW, Mercedes, Tesla, Maserati, Bentley, Porsche, Fisker, Ferrari, Aston Martin and the occasional high end Audi drivers. Classic cars too.
-c
c-57d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:26 PM   #17
CruisingSpeed
Ride This Chevy, Ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-57d View Post
Silicon Valley here...
prius drivers who are trying to make the world a better place by driving under the speed limit in every lane.
kia and hyundai drivers who think they have a real car.
I actually get respect from the BMW, Mercedes, Tesla, Maserati, Bentley, Porsche, Fisker, Ferrari, Aston Martin and the occasional high end Audi drivers. Classic cars too.
-c
That's actually true for me too, though I see half of those cars mentioned toward the bottom on a monthly basis. And it's those new sporty model KIA Optimas which it seems dicks like to drive. People driving Accords don't quite know they are supposed to yield sometimes. And if I am on a road traveling 55 and this BMW or Mustang pulls out and turns in front of me I usually don't get pissed because I don't have to slam on the brakes while they get up to speed. They have enough power. Now a Prius...I blow at that bitch, cause that's all that drive them. Dumb ole "green" people thinking they are Gods gift saving the environment. Thinking they know best. Well tell me how your going to recycle that battery in the landfills? Oh well they do give me the joy in owning my car. Why you ask: well I always pass a Prius. 6,500 rpm every time!
Old 10-11-2014, 02:03 PM   #18
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingSpeed View Post
That's actually true for me too, though I see half of those cars mentioned toward the bottom on a monthly basis. And it's those new sporty model KIA Optimas which it seems dicks like to drive. People driving Accords don't quite know they are supposed to yield sometimes. And if I am on a road traveling 55 and this BMW or Mustang pulls out and turns in front of me I usually don't get pissed because I don't have to slam on the brakes while they get up to speed. They have enough power. Now a Prius...I blow at that bitch, cause that's all that drive them. Dumb ole "green" people thinking they are Gods gift saving the environment. Thinking they know best. Well tell me how your going to recycle that battery in the landfills? Oh well they do give me the joy in owning my car. Why you ask: well I always pass a Prius. 6,500 rpm every time!
You should pull up beside the Prius, look over and give him a thumbs up and one of those classic Burt Reynolds shit eatin' grins and then leave him in a cloud of tire smoke....

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:10 PM   #19
CruisingSpeed
Ride This Chevy, Ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
You should pull up beside the Prius, look over and give him a thumbs up and one of those classic Burt Reynolds shit eatin' grins and then leave him in a cloud of tire smoke....
Like that hasn't happened before! minus the grin.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:12 PM   #20
ObiWan

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Seen a GTR, Ferrari, Lambo and Ford GT on the highway...those guys I respect.
ObiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:04 PM   #21
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT
Respect is the last thing I expect out on the road.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #22
JaniMaks
~ Confused ~

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Every Friday night at the Bellmore (long Island) train station (thats where i park to go to Manhattan to work), they hold a classic/muscle car meet and greet. The respect and admiration i see from these car guys is just awesome. Don't care what make/model you have, if you are a true car guy you should respect all the wheels on the road.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #23
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2009 Malibu LT
Getting respect from corvettes makes for a nice surprise. Years ago with my first camaro, I saw an older vette just hanging back in the left lane. I wasn't sure if he was checking me out or trying to decide whether to pass me. I was floored by this because before having a camaro, corvettes would just fly by without even giving me a thought. Now I get some respect, and sometimes some unwanted attention as well.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:20 PM   #24
motorhead
bars suck

Drives: ZL1
You get respect from others? I rarely see that on the road no matter what car I'm in or the other guy.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:27 PM   #25
Smoke 'em
There's always a faster 1

Drives: (-,-)
There are definitely those on the road that feel entitled. I was out in the middle of BFE the other night on my way back from Victoria when a vette came flying by me. I was only doing 80 but still. There was no one on the road so I got on it and reeled him in and eventually left him. A few minutes latter I had stopped off to clean my windshield because I had ran out of washer fluid. The guy in the vette pulled in and said he did not think my car had that type of capability. He thought my car was just an ss with some exhaust work. I just smiled and told him " wait until I get done with it. " It was a 2010 vette and the guy was in his late 30's, early 40's.