Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack Discuss issues related to wheels and tires

Old 07-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
smokingcamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
2010 Camaro LS now sits on 20's but trouble with TPMS sensors

So I just changed my rims and tires from the ugly Heritage rims to the Oem 20's man what a difference (pics are included). I tried to get the car to learn the tires and for some reason when ever I got to the passenger rear wheel I could it not beep anymore. I think I know how to do it but for some reason I am having problems!!!!! Do I need to take it to the dealership and figure it out what should I do?
Attached Images

smokingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Are the sensors OEM (GM) sensors in the new tires?

Did you follow the instructions in the owners' manual? You set up the learn function in the DIC and then you go around the car starting with the driver's front wheel, letting air out of each tire until the horn sounds. Then procede around the car (clockwise) until you've done all 4. The horn should sound after each wheel is set.

Make sure you are near an air hose when you do this because you'll need to refill your tires.

Also, make sure you are no where near you old wheels because your car might "see" the old sensors.

If that fails, take it to the dealer. They have a hand held device that will set the sensors for you.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
When I got new 20's the tire shop had a special TPMS tool to acitvate my new sensors. I think you might need to get them all activated.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
Darth_Emma

The car has it's own learn function as I said above (requiring you to let air out of the tires in sequence), or you can use the TPMS tool. Almost any tire shop or any dealer will have that tool.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
smokingcamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I got them to work this morning thank god that saves me a little bit of money!!!!
smokingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingcamaro View Post
I got them to work this morning thank god that saves me a little bit of money!!!!