Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HURST
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2016, 09:15 AM   #1
CARLZ
 
CARLZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Inferno Orange
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 33
BRAKE PADS.. IS THIS RIGHT?

Bought new pads and rotors for my '10 SS, didn't even look at em. Dropped the car off and had them installed while I was at work. Is this right?








Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2010 Camaro SS
IOM

Instagram:
@badass.camaros
@bad.ass.army
@truckin.nasty
@they.call.me.carl
@c_a_r_l_z
CARLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:30 AM   #2
Black_SS10
 
Black_SS10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FL
Posts: 289
What you see are known as "roller skates". From what I gathered they are supposed to help with noise suppression. Many people cut them off or buy pads without them. Don't worry they are fine to leave on, as they come on the OEM pads.
__________________
'10 2SS 6M, Blacked out lights, MGW short shifter, K&N intake, JDP Clutch Reservoir, Elite catch can, Kooks 1 7/8 LT, Kooks HFC, Flowmaster Outlaw catback, VMAX Thottle body, SCTX4/Tuned by DynoSteve, DSS aluminum driveshaft, Pegasus subframe bushings, BMR trailing and toe arms, Z28 upper control arm bushings, FE4/Zl1 rear sway bar, Prothane radius arm inserts, BMR steering rack bushing, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Ridetech HQ level 2 coilovers, 1LE diffuser, SSclones, 20in CCW 505A, Pilot super sports...more in the future.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #3
CARLZ
 
CARLZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Inferno Orange
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_SS10 View Post
What you see are known as "roller skates". From what I gathered they are supposed to help with noise suppression. Many people cut them off or buy pads without them. Don't worry they are fine to leave on, as they come on the OEM pads.


Sweet! This car only has 45k on it and the pads that were taken off didn't have em. Had me curious. Thank you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2010 Camaro SS
IOM

Instagram:
@badass.camaros
@bad.ass.army
@truckin.nasty
@they.call.me.carl
@c_a_r_l_z
CARLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:13 PM   #4
Nick S

 
Nick S's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Verona, WI
Posts: 1,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLZ View Post
Sweet! This car only has 45k on it and the pads that were taken off didn't have em. Had me curious. Thank you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The early 2010 models did not come with the roller skates. They were added mid year during the 2010 model I believe after customers complained of brake squeal. If yours was early enough in the 2010 model year then that would be the reason why they were not present.

As Justice Pete will tell you "embrace the squeal" as it's the sound of true high performance brakes that actually do have real stopping power.
__________________
Nick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:39 PM   #5
CARLZ
 
CARLZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Inferno Orange
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
The early 2010 models did not come with the roller skates. They were added mid year during the 2010 model I believe after customers complained of brake squeal. If yours was early enough in the 2010 model year then that would be the reason why they were not present.

As Justice Pete will tell you "embrace the squeal" as it's the sound of true high performance brakes that actually do have real stopping power.


Thanks for the info!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2010 Camaro SS
IOM

Instagram:
@badass.camaros
@bad.ass.army
@truckin.nasty
@they.call.me.carl
@c_a_r_l_z
CARLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.