Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions New members, come introduce yourselves here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
rwmiller56
 
rwmiller56's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 111
Hi from New Member & Some Mods Questions

Hi, everyone,
I just wanted to drop a note and say hello to everyone on the forum. I took delivery on my new 2011 1LT V6 Summit White Camaro about 1 month ago, and I'm totally overjoyed with the car, and loving it!

I've been lurking in this forum for a couple of weeks, and I've gotten alot of useful information so far. I'm looking forward to posting and sharing my experiences.

My previous ride was a 1988 C4 Corvette Coupe, which I drove for over 10 years. I was thinking of buying another Vette, but for the same amount of money that I paid for the new Camaro, I would have had to settle for a used C5 Vette, maybe a 2005 with 20K-40K miles, if I was lucky. I really wanted something new, and I love the styling on the new Camaro, so that's what I went for! My wife is now the proud owner of the Vette, so it's still in the family!

I'm happy with the power and the fuel economy trade-off of the V6. Considering that my 88 Vette with 5.7L L98 was only 250 HP stock, and is probably about 300 HP with the mods I put into it (Borla exhaust, Hypertech Prom, K&N filter, low temperature thermostat), the Camaro is comparable at 312 HP, but in a V6 which is giving me at least 25% better fuel economy, and on 87 octane fuel!

I've got almost 1K miles on the Camaro, and I've been breaking it in moderately, not babying it, but nor running it hard, either. Gas mileage seems to have increased a bit in the last couple hundred miles.

So when is the "break-in" period officially over?

Iíve got a car cover that I use to protect the car against dings in parking lots. I always did this with the Vette, so nothing new there.

Mods and Accessories that I am planning:
- Splash guards (I still don't see Summit White available on the GM Accessories Zone web site).
- K&N air filter
- Exhaust. Does anyone have a recommendation for what works well with the V6? So far I've looked only at the exhaust on the GM Accessories Zone web site.

Roger
San Jose, CA


__________________
2011 1LT V6 Summit White. Mods: Looks: MoProAuto Stripes; Putco Rear LED Accent Bar; Lloyd's Floormats; Coverking seat covers. Functional: GM Cargo Net; Performance: K&N Air Filter; More coming soon!
rwmiller56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #2
jtzako

 
Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: DFW, Tx
Posts: 1,156
Quote:
So when is the "break-in" period officially over?
Its hard to say when it is 'over' but I can tell you that mine may have still been 'breaking in' as late as 10k to 11k miles. In the last few months my avg MPG went up by 1 MPG without any change in driving habits, route etc. The only thing I can attribute that to is the car is still breaking in.
__________________
2010 Camaro SS Imperial Blue | CAI Inc, CAI | Solo Hi Flow Cats | X-Pipe | Backup Camera | PDIM
jtzako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"
 
Nightfall's Avatar
 
Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 3,892
welcome to the nut house frist round of meds is on me enjoy your car its the ying to my yang (white vs black) we can help you with good mods
__________________

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black
 
The Shadoww's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Milpitas, CA
Posts: 894
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
2010-2011 Camaro V6 MRT Axle-Back Exhaust, Version 2.0

is what im ordering, ive looked it up a fair amount and its pretty sick.

You Tube it first though to see what you like. You Tube is your friend ='
__________________
The Shadoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #5
Majic
Majic
 
Majic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS. Crystal Red
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Crestview, Florida
Posts: 1,486
Corsa exhaust works great on the LLT.
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #6
kr juice 1
 
kr juice 1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mission, TX
Posts: 426
congrats on your purchase! I would look into a different cai, in my opinion.
kr juice 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
Camaro8810
 
Camaro8810's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 2LT RS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 565
Congrats and welcome to the familia!
__________________
Mods: CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake, 35% Tint, 3M Clear Bra
Camaro8810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #8
SWAT


 
SWAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS RS L99
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,742
Welcome, Congrats!
__________________
"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come."
SWAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #9
oldfriend


 
oldfriend's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 32*38' 49N. 16*55'42W
Posts: 7,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmiller56 View Post
Hi, everyone,
I just wanted to drop a note and say hello to everyone on the forum. I took delivery on my new 2011 1LT V6 Summit White Camaro about 1 month ago, and I'm totally overjoyed with the car, and loving it!

I've been lurking in this forum for a couple of weeks, and I've gotten alot of useful information so far. I'm looking forward to posting and sharing my experiences.

My previous ride was a 1988 C4 Corvette Coupe, which I drove for over 10 years. I was thinking of buying another Vette, but for the same amount of money that I paid for the new Camaro, I would have had to settle for a used C5 Vette, maybe a 2005 with 20K-40K miles, if I was lucky. I really wanted something new, and I love the styling on the new Camaro, so that's what I went for! My wife is now the proud owner of the Vette, so it's still in the family!

I'm happy with the power and the fuel economy trade-off of the V6. Considering that my 88 Vette with 5.7L L98 was only 250 HP stock, and is probably about 300 HP with the mods I put into it (Borla exhaust, Hypertech Prom, K&N filter, low temperature thermostat), the Camaro is comparable at 312 HP, but in a V6 which is giving me at least 25% better fuel economy, and on 87 octane fuel!

I've got almost 1K miles on the Camaro, and I've been breaking it in moderately, not babying it, but nor running it hard, either. Gas mileage seems to have increased a bit in the last couple hundred miles.

So when is the "break-in" period officially over?

Iíve got a car cover that I use to protect the car against dings in parking lots. I always did this with the Vette, so nothing new there.

Mods and Accessories that I am planning:
- Splash guards (I still don't see Summit White available on the GM Accessories Zone web site).
- K&N air filter
- Exhaust. Does anyone have a recommendation for what works well with the V6? So far I've looked only at the exhaust on the GM Accessories Zone web site.

Roger
San Jose, CA


What is wrong with you , you got her over a month ago and only now you post a photo , and on top of that your are laughing at us , okay you just wait till we run by you on the Bay are freeways and you will stop that happy face . That's enough BS , welcome to the ZOO.
__________________
2010 BLK 2SS RS IO
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #10
r1concepts

 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: La Habra
Posts: 387
welcome to the forums and congratz on the new purchase!!!
__________________
R1 Concepts Inc
Steven B.(888)712-6623 ext. 7006
steven@r1concept.com

*Current brake rotor and pad Deals: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...14#post1899014
r1concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #11
rwmiller56
 
rwmiller56's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr juice 1 View Post
congrats on your purchase! I would look into a different cai, in my opinion.
Thanks for the suggestion. I searched the forum, and found information on the Cold Air Inductions system. This looks like a well designed system, and probably is less restrictive than a straight K&N replacement for the stock air filter.
__________________
2011 1LT V6 Summit White. Mods: Looks: MoProAuto Stripes; Putco Rear LED Accent Bar; Lloyd's Floormats; Coverking seat covers. Functional: GM Cargo Net; Performance: K&N Air Filter; More coming soon!
rwmiller56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:04 PM   #12
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL
 
angie7's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 1SS/RS, '13 Cruze
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 3,696
CONGRATS & WELCOME!!!

I have flowmasters AT exhaust and I am not dissappointed. Sounds good and rattles the rearview mirror, lol!
__________________
angie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #13
rwmiller56
 
rwmiller56's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
What is wrong with you , you got her over a month ago and only now you post a photo , and on top of that your are laughing at us , okay you just wait till we run by you on the Bay are freeways and you will stop that happy face . That's enough BS , welcome to the ZOO.
Yeh, yeh, I'm a little slow, I admit it...
Glad to meet another Bay Area person. Thanks!
__________________
2011 1LT V6 Summit White. Mods: Looks: MoProAuto Stripes; Putco Rear LED Accent Bar; Lloyd's Floormats; Coverking seat covers. Functional: GM Cargo Net; Performance: K&N Air Filter; More coming soon!
rwmiller56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #14
rwmiller56
 
rwmiller56's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 111
Wow! Thanks for all the nice welcomes and suggestions for the exhaust and CAI.
__________________
2011 1LT V6 Summit White. Mods: Looks: MoProAuto Stripes; Putco Rear LED Accent Bar; Lloyd's Floormats; Coverking seat covers. Functional: GM Cargo Net; Performance: K&N Air Filter; More coming soon!
rwmiller56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #15
zandron263

 
zandron263's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,706
I have a Cold Air Inductions CAI and I am very happy with it. Only had it on 2 weeks and have already seen 2 MPG increase. There is a thread in the V6 bolt on section about them.
__________________
zandron263 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #16
25thanniversary

 
25thanniversary's Avatar
 
Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Laredo,TX
Posts: 2,175
welcome to camaro5 nice car you got there
__________________


TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #17
GEEo
OKCamaros
 
GEEo's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 WRX STi
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Muskogee, OK
Posts: 4,600
Congrats and Welcome to our awesome community!!
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #18
NFERGY 2011 RJT

 
NFERGY 2011 RJT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT RJT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vinton,Va
Posts: 1,230
welcome
NFERGY 2011 RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #19
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 16,201
Rodger, CONGRATS and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.



oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
__________________
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:50 PM   #20
Comrando
SScalator
 
Comrando's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 CGM LS3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 6,520
You're going to look good in white!

I see you've already got the perma-grin
__________________
Give me fuel. Give me fire. Give me that which I desire.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/Slotict/Camaro/Wink-2_zpscd6910bd.jpg
Comrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #21
rwmiller56
 
rwmiller56's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Rodger, CONGRATS and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.



oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Nuke,
Thanks! I think I'll have one or 2 right now!
__________________
2011 1LT V6 Summit White. Mods: Looks: MoProAuto Stripes; Putco Rear LED Accent Bar; Lloyd's Floormats; Coverking seat covers. Functional: GM Cargo Net; Performance: K&N Air Filter; More coming soon!
rwmiller56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #22
rwmiller56
 
rwmiller56's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandron263 View Post
I have a Cold Air Inductions CAI and I am very happy with it. Only had it on 2 weeks and have already seen 2 MPG increase. There is a thread in the V6 bolt on section about them.
Zandron,
Thanks! Yeah, I found the thread in the V6 bolt on forum. This CAI looks really nice, and sounds good, too. I'm going to start with the CAI, and add the exhaust later.

Roger
__________________
2011 1LT V6 Summit White. Mods: Looks: MoProAuto Stripes; Putco Rear LED Accent Bar; Lloyd's Floormats; Coverking seat covers. Functional: GM Cargo Net; Performance: K&N Air Filter; More coming soon!
rwmiller56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #23
rwmiller56
 
rwmiller56's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
Its hard to say when it is 'over' but I can tell you that mine may have still been 'breaking in' as late as 10k to 11k miles. In the last few months my avg MPG went up by 1 MPG without any change in driving habits, route etc. The only thing I can attribute that to is the car is still breaking in.
Interesting. Well, given how most members here tend to break their engines in moderately hard without any problems, I'm not gonna worry about it.
Thanks.
Roger
__________________
2011 1LT V6 Summit White. Mods: Looks: MoProAuto Stripes; Putco Rear LED Accent Bar; Lloyd's Floormats; Coverking seat covers. Functional: GM Cargo Net; Performance: K&N Air Filter; More coming soon!
rwmiller56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #24
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 29,861
Welcome to Camaro5!
__________________
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:03 PM   #25
White_Black_10
 
Drives: 2010 Summit White 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 12
Welcome! I myself am looking for the SW splash guards and it seems like we are SOL. Have to buy a different color and have them painted to match or order from RPI designs.

http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1917
White_Black_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SUX2BU's IOM/flat black vert build "Ginger" [COTW 5/16/11] SUX2BU Member Car Journals 190 07-12-2014 11:02 AM
Detailing questions answered here! Moose Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 636 06-04-2011 12:27 PM
New member with a few questions rachelcb80 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 21 06-29-2009 11:02 AM
ECM Tune Questions RyanG Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 11 06-09-2009 10:12 AM
New member with questions herkman Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 6 11-17-2008 09:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.